Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morales > Barrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idk, for some reason i've always liked barrera more. it's probably cause i watched more of his fights. but with that said, morales is a true legend with his performance tonight. guy shouldn't even be laced up, yet still goes toe to toe with a young, pretty hyped fighter.....and with one eye! haha

Comment

Ive always thought Morales>Barrera.

I wasnt too surprised about his performance tonight, but it does add a little icing on the cake to an already outstanding career.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        I think he's trying to give us an idea of how skilled Morales is.

it's an odd way of doing it, comparing morales to comtemporary jr WW's when talking about his past accomplishments in relationship to that of marco antonio barerra

comparisons to fighters at or around his weight will provide a more appropriate context when talking about prime morales

Comment

Morales was always above Barrera in my eyes. By a lot. His reign of relentless terror over a decade is still unequaled since. He fought so often, against the who's who of all the weight classes he fought and frankly he single handedly brought money to the lower classes.

Don't get me wrong.... Barrera is an all time great himself.... just no Morales. Morales defeated the fighters Barrera couldn't in relatively easy fashion. A lot of the fighters Barrera beat were merely a shadow of their former selves after Morales had beat them into semi-retirement. And lastly even Naseem Hamed chose Barrera to fight with over Morales feeling Barrera would be much easier than Morales.

Comment

Barrera's smaller/older, 2 inches shorter, started at 115, turn pro 4 years earlier.

Barrera gets no love.

Comment

Theyre saying that Barrera might fight brandon rios in september. It will be interesting to see if he could put a performance like erik did tonight

Comment

I've always liked Morales more, but I guess it has something to do with Barrera being a dick, plus the fact that Morales is more exciting and has beaten Jones and Pac. I say Morales has a slightly better legacy regardless of his two losses to Barrera.
                Both are great fighters, that's all that matters to me.

Comment

hhaha!! never ever!! barrera will school em again if they fight.....

MAB Morales 4 son!!! :wank:

Comment

I don't even know. I've given up trying to order the three.

Comment

Its almost impossible to split em! JMM too.

Last night was imo a mark off how great Morales was but by proving that he also made it clear how great Barrera was too

Lets getr JMM vs El Terrible done and complete this circle

Comment

Working...
                      X