No announcement yet.

Morales > Barrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Its almost impossible to split em! JMM too.

Last night was imo a mark off how great Morales was but by proving that he also made it clear how great Barrera was too

Lets getr JMM vs El Terrible done and complete this circle
    I think Morales and Barrera are significantly greater than JMM.

Morales being the greatest of the 3, IMO.

I don't want to see Morales JMM at this point. Morales might be able to arguablly beat Maidanna at this stage but Maidanna is no JMM. JMM beats this Morales with ease at this stage of their careers. I really do not want to see that right now, not a representation of what would happen in each others primes, at all.

Comment

I think Marquez is ripe for the picking. hes fading fast, and even when he was better arguably lost against a past it Barrera.

I dont know if I would favor Morales against Marquez, but I dont care and think its an interesting closing fight. I think Marquez will lose very soon however.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
        I think Marquez is ripe for the picking. hes fading fast, and even when he was better arguably lost against a past it Barrera.

I dont know if I would favor Morales against Marquez, but I dont care and think its an interesting closing fight. I think Marquez will lose very soon however.
        Ive been thinking that for some time now but the old fart keeps winning and in style!

Its almost win win for him, when he does lose we will say its because he is past his best, and he is. But he is the man to beat and so far nobody in the division has done it, Gurrero looked good tho i think he gives JMM all he can handle.

Comment

Ive been thinking that for some time now but the old fart keeps winning and in style!

Its almost win win for him, when he does lose we will say its because he is past his best, and he is. But he is the man to beat and so far nobody in the division has done it, Gurrero looked good tho i think he gives JMM all he can handle.
          thats only because he fought Katsidis, who was almost perfect for him with his no defense wild style. even then Katsidis almost turned his lights out and might have been able to beat him if he had a right hand...wtf was wrong with it in that fight? it was like a downwards chop...really bothered me.

this might sound a little ludicrous, but I actually think both Guerrero and Miguel Vasquez beat Marquez at this point. Vasquez is not someone anyone talks about, but hes pretty ****ing clever and has a style that would annoy the hell out of Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I think Morales and Barrera are significantly greater than JMM.

Morales being the greatest of the 3, IMO.

I don't want to see Morales JMM at this point. Morales might be able to arguablly beat Maidanna at this stage but Maidanna is no JMM. JMM beats this Morales with ease at this stage of their careers. I really do not want to see that right now, not a representation of what would happen in each others primes, at all.
            If u pressed me id probably say Morales was greater than Marquez. Dunno.

But i love them both and more than Barrera, Also style wise its cant miss action! My favourite fight of all the JMM/MAB/Morales/Pac fights has been Marquez vs Barrera and i think this has a chance of being similair. Maidana is painfully crude and wild but the man hits like a truck keeps coming and is legit, proper hardcase, im honestly not sure how JMM does there.

Morales vs Marquez needs to happen in the name of great fights

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
              thats only because he fought Katsidis, who was almost perfect for him with his no defense wild style. even then Katsidis almost turned his lights out and might have been able to beat him if he had a right hand...wtf was wrong with it in that fight? it was like a downwards chop...really bothered me.

this might sound a little ludicrous, but I actually think both Guerrero and Miguel Vasquez beat Marquez at this point. Vasquez is not someone anyone talks about, but hes pretty ****ing clever and has a style that would annoy the hell out of Marquez.
              In all honesty i havent seen Vasquez fight so cant call on that.

Man i loved Katsidis right, he throws it like that quite often actually but it did really stand out in the Juan Manuel fight for some reason.

Marquez is just a great fighter but he has been to the well a few times now and sooner or later that ***** drys up. He is almost too keen to "fight" now and has slowed. He gets tagged far easier these days too. Still imo he is the best combination puncher in the sport, has mad heart a good boxing brain when he uses it and is one hell of a counter puncher, a hard puncher at that too.

I think he beats Morales but i wanna see two of my all time favs square off for Mexican Pride, it cant fail to be a good fight whoever wins and however long it lasts

Comment

If u pressed me id probably say Morales was greater than Marquez. Dunno.

But i love them both and more than Barrera, Also style wise its cant miss action! My favourite fight of all the JMM/MAB/Morales/Pac fights has been Marquez vs Barrera and i think this has a chance of being similair. Maidana is painfully crude and wild but the man hits like a truck keeps coming and is legit, proper hardcase, im honestly not sure how JMM does there.

Morales vs Marquez needs to happen in the name of great fights
                I really struggle to see a case for JMM being greater than Morales. But hey that's JMO.

If JMM can make 140 well, Maidanna is an easy fight for him.

I just can't agree with that, It doesn't need to happen and I hope it doesn't. In their primes it would have been great, would have given an arm to see it. But right now? It proves nothing and has no legitimacy.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I really struggle to see a case for JMM being greater than Morales. But hey that's JMO.

If JMM can make 140 well, Maidanna is an easy fight for him.

I just can't agree with that, It doesn't need to happen and I hope it doesn't. In their primes it would have been great, would have given an arm to see it. But right now? It proves nothing and has no legitimacy.
                  If Marquez comes out and just dominates then fair enough, waste of time but trust me it will be worth watching, the styles would mesh so well and while u may not rate Maidana (god knows he's awfull) he can P.U.N.C.H! and is clearly one of the elite 140lb fighters, Morales handled his power and lasted with him throughout. That tells me JMM wont blow him out and we will get a good tv fight.

Dan if Morales wins and he might (not my pick tho) then we can say he was the greater fighter. Coz as far as Marquez has slipped Erik has fallen far further!

And i wouldnt bet on JMM having an easy night with Marcos Maidana, Katsidis gave him plenty to deal with and seriuously hurt him when he dropped him, Maidana is bigger stronger rougher, dirtier, harder punching and every bit as tough and relentless as Katsidis
                  Last edited by The Surgeon; 04-10-2011, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Wow you people Barrera has the better resume and beat him twice. Barrera is better then Morales and it isn't even that close.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                      Wow you people Barrera has the better resume and beat him twice. Barrera is better then Morales and it isn't even that close.
                      Of course it's close.

Morales beat more Top 5 ranked fighters in their respective division throughout his career than Barrera did.

Barrera beat HOF'ers like ; Morales X2 and maybe in the future Naseem Hamed.

Morales beat HOF'ers like; Barrera, Pacqiauo and Zaragoza.

Both had plenty of title defenses at respective weights.

This doesn't conlclue Morales is greater, that's just my opinion.

However, what it does conclude it it most definitely a close comparison

Comment

Working...
                      X