Would Foreman always lose to Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
    -or as defencivly sound-
    Ken Norton's defense was pretty much made too deal with Ali, Jimmy Young was great defensively as were Archie Moore and Patterson (Another bob and weaver) although they were well past it.

Comment

Also IMO at their primes Ali always beats Foreman, but older Foreman vs older Ali I think Foreman would have a much bigger chance and could probably win

Comment

Originally posted by Great John L View Post
        I think if George Foreman had been smart and not fought like a caveman he would have beaten and chopped down any Ali from 1972-Onward. Ali didn't dance or outbox George. he just took advantage of George's frustration and less than stellar stamina to counter punch him to a KO. The immense heat was also a ncie bonus for Ali, who stayed relatively immobile while Foreman kept punching away to no avail.
        The thing is, that's the way Foreman fought. Apart from the great jab he had, it was like watching a 'caveman'. But he was so strong and powerful that it rarely mattered, unless he found himself against superior boxers who were very durable as well(Ali, Young). Unless you can morph an old Foreman with the young beast in the 70s, you can't picture yourself a perfect version of Foreman to beat Ali.

And for the ones who think old Foreman would have stood a chance, please. A much quicker young George was boxed silly against Ali. The speed diffirence would simply be way too much here.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
          The thing is, that's the way Foreman fought. Apart from the great jab he had, it was like watching a 'caveman'. But he was so strong and powerful that it rarely mattered, unless he found himself against superior boxers who were very durable as well(Ali, Young). Unless you can morph an old Foreman with the young beast in the 70s, you can't picture yourself a perfect version of Foreman to beat Ali.

And for the ones who think old Foreman would have stood a chance, please. A much quicker young George was boxed silly against Ali. The speed diffirence would simply be way too much here.
          That's what I was thinknig as well. Unless you can combine the good traits of young George with the good traits of old George, no George could beat Ali.

Comment

ok so if foreman or tyson have little chance of beating him who does?
            who would you say has most chance of beating him?
            i'll throw a few in

tua - lenox lewis - james toney - hollyfield - klitchkos - roy jones or any of the greats from black and white tv.

Comment

i'll throw a few in

tua - lenox lewis - james toney - hollyfield - klitchkos - roy jones or any of the greats from black and white tv.
              Tua and Jones.....really?

Comment

i'll throw a few in

Tua, Jones, Toney or any of the black and white TV greats? Who are the black and white TV greats and what does that mean? Many of Ali's fights were in black and white. You mean Joe Louis? Ezzard Charles? Marciano?
                It's a pretty big statement.

As for Jones and Toney...well, what makes you say that? Jones beating Ruiz? Toney beating an old Holyfield?

Comment

Tua and Jones.....really?
                  honestly i think tua has a chance of beating any atg - your only ever one left hook away from a ko

As for Jones and Toney...well, what makes you say that? Jones beating Ruiz? Toney beating an old Holyfield?
                  no its not who they beat - its there respective styles. roy jones would be the only guy i can think of that would easily be faster than ali all round. and tonys gonna make it hard for ali to land anything much and tony also probably has faster hands.

look - im not trying to say either guy would definately beat ali, i just threw a few names in to get people thinking about what type of fighter would be best suited for beating ali. insted of telling me everything i say is silly - answer my question and tell me which boxer has the most chance of beating ali every time.

Comment

honestly i think tua has a chance of beating any atg - your only ever one left hook away from a ko
                    While I do not share your opinion I agree with the last part of your sentence.

no its not who they beat - its there respective styles. roy jones would be the only guy i can think of that would easily be faster than ali all round. and tonys gonna make it hard for ali to land anything much and tony also probably has faster hands.

Arguments can be made for Jones speed, but Toney was not faster than Ali. Not even close.

look - im not trying to say either guy would definately beat ali, i just threw a few names in to get people thinking about what type of fighter would be best suited for beating ali. insted of telling me everything i say is silly - answer my question and tell me which boxer has the most chance of beating ali every time.
                    Ken Norton and Joe Louis have styles that would trouble any version of Ali. I can't see ANY fighter beating Ali every time.

Comment

Working...
                    X