Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO should buy Klitschko-Mormeck to extend their streak of mismatches.

Comment

• Kermit Cintron is done. He looked ill again tonight, just like he did against Molina. Genuinely ill.

His poor in-ring habits have always been bad but tonight they were ridiculous.

As for Steve Bunce, this guy is just an utter clown who has no clue what he's talking about. The guy said that Kermit Cintron is a 'fresh 32 year old'. What?

Adrian Broner impressed me despite fighting a poor fighter and actually losing Round 2.

But, he's versatile. He has good ability and skills but I'm still not sold on him. But I do like him.

Russell Jr looked good too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Kermit Cintron is done. He looked ill again tonight, just like he did against Molina. Genuinely ill.

His poor in-ring habits have always been bad but tonight they were ridiculous.

As for Steve Bunce, this guy is just an utter clown who has no clue what he's talking about. The guy said that Kermit Cintron is a 'fresh 32 year old'. What?

Adrian Broner impressed me despite fighting a poor fighter and actually losing Round 2.

But, he's versatile. He has good ability and skills but I'm still not sold on him. But I do like him.

Russell Jr looked good too.
        Cintron is finished. He looked terrible but u have to give it up for Saul he did what he should have done with that Cintron. Hardly an Epic win but enough to sell me on Alvarez, him vs Mayweather is a slaughtering tho. If Pac Floyd dont happen i think there is every chance that fight gets made though, buisness wise its massive. Id like to see Alvarez vs Cotto personally, i think it makes for a great fight and i like both guys. Alvarez beating Miguel's brother would give it some ****e too

Comment

• adrien broner's next few steps to take are mental in my opinion

if he can put it all together he's going to be one heck of a talent at the least, and potentially a very good boxer at the best
          i'd love to see him develop a jab and a style to win rounds when he fights guys (likely at 135) who wont get their doors blown off with the power and speed

he's got tons of power in both hands at 130
          serious pop for a guy that size.

and he's growing on me personally, too. great speaker. appreciative of the fans. looks to have some charisma to spare. a bit of a clown. salesman.
          i like him

what a left hook he landed on that guy
          what a hook! argentina had no clue where he was at. you guys see him just hanging out on the other side of the ropes?
          it probably wont get the nod and shouldnt, but that's a second KO of the year canidate for Le Bron (his KO of litzau was equally brutal)

and that was a bit of a zab judah uppercut that he threw to get argentina ready to go. talk about timing.
          you know who's looking like a decent fighter right about now?
          ponce

and on to canelo : the kid is getting much better. he's a very technical offensive fighter. turns his shots over nice and is learning how to set them up
          he's always got a harder punch to throw. big uppercuts. nice obtuse hook. great offense to watch certainly
          he started seeing and blocking // avoiding cintrons shots whereas he used to simply tuck his chin and take them
          he got hit with a couple nice right hands and it only pissed him off

while i dont know how competative it might be, mayweather and canelo would be a very good looking fight, with canelo throwing those combinations and mayweather looking to counterpunch through some wide openings on a huge guy that will make it risky

simmilar to the kirkland // mayweather fight without canelo coming forward so consistently

floyds fights are a finite quantity, and i'm not suggesting they should be his next opponents. They would be good looking fights, however, that would display floyds skill against huge aggressive guys

EDIT:

3k posts
          Last edited by New England; 11-29-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            adrien broner's next few steps to take are mental in my opinion

if he can put it all together he's going to be one heck of a talent at the least, and potentially a very good boxer at the best
            i'd love to see him develop a jab and a style to win rounds when he fights guys (likely at 135) who wont get their doors blown off with the power and speed

he's got tons of power in both hands at 130
            serious pop for a guy that size.

and he's growing on me personally, too. great speaker. appreciative of the fans. looks to have some charisma to spare. a bit of a clown. salesman.
            i like him

what a left hook he landed on that guy
            what a hook! argentina had no clue where he was at. you guys see him just hanging out on the other side of the ropes?
            it probably wont get the nod and shouldnt, but that's a second KO of the year canidate for Le Bron (his KO of litzau was equally brutal)

and that was a bit of a zab judah uppercut that he threw to get argentina ready to go. talk about timing.
            you know who's looking like a decent fighter right about now?
            ponce

and on to canelo : the kid is getting much better. he's a very technical offensive fighter. turns his shots over nice and is learning how to set them up
            he's always got a harder punch to throw. big uppercuts. nice obtuse hook.
            he started seeing and blocking // avoiding cintrons shots whereas he used to simply tuck his chin and take them
            he got hit with a couple nice right hands and it only pissed him off

while i dont know how competative it might be, mayweather and canelo would be a very good looking fight, with canelo throwing those combinations and mayweather looking to counterpunch through some wide openings on a huge guy that will make it risky

simmilar to the kirkland // mayweather fight without canelo coming forward so consistently

floyds fights are a finite quantity, and i'm not suggesting they should be his next opponents. They would be good looking fights, however, that would display floyds skill against huge aggressive guys

EDIT:

3k posts
            Yeah, Ponce does suddenly look like he is legit and having a renaissance here.

I appreciate Broner's talent, but something is keeping me from buying into him. I don't know what it is.

Cintron is so freaking done. It was the right opponent and the right step up for Alvarez, and he took full advantage, but I saw it coming because Cintron is terrible now. Who knew that Williams-Cintron was nothing more than a look at two guys who were pretty much done at that time?

Alvarez just has to work on his defense now. Very fun fighter to watch, and at his age he is on a pretty good career path now.

Comment

• Missed the Helenius fight, people are saying Chisora got robbed, that right ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                Missed the Helenius fight, people are saying Chisora got robbed, that right ?.
                I've seen much much much worse but Chisora certainly deserved the Decision.

Anywhere else in the world and he would have got it.

Comment

• Let it be shown today in history Cotto is not close to being finished, still improving and still has time to keep rising up the ranks of the ATG Puerto Ricans. I think a fight with Floyd would be sick i think Cotto causes him alot of problems especially since in the Ortiz fight floyds reflexes and speed arent what they use to look like. He beat Ortiz off pure experience and savy like a bernard hopkins scrap. Cotto is at his best going forward with his jab and body punching, two things that you need against mayweather. Also Floyd dont have the power and or the volume to hurt him.

When Pac struggles with marquez again or after floyd schools him, i think thatd be a prime time for a cotto rematch. Pac is looking more beatable by the second closing out on his prime. Only problem is cotto is a jr middleweight with bob arum. All the best jr mw are with golden boy and i think hes better going back down to WW for Ortiz, Berto, floyd, Bradley, jones and many.

Comment

• i tend to agree. I think Cotto looked really good and fresh out there. Crisp punches and quite good movement.

I think he has a couple more big fights in him. Hes for sure not "shot" like some have suggested.

And i don't want to get into it, we all can believe what we want. But i think that in COTTOS mind hes 100% sure now that he was cheated against Margarito the first time. I think this vindication could really do a lot for his mental strength going forward.

All in all, a very good night for Cotto.
                    Hopefully he won't resign with Top Rank. All the good fights for him is outside of top rank, many of them with GBP.
                    Canelo, Floyd, Ortiz/Berto. I'd say bring it on.

I feel martinez is a bad fight to take. Anyone here see Cotto having success there? At 154.
                    How about Chavez jr?

Comment

• Moreno had his coming out party, and good for him. That was the best I've ever seen him fight, so controlled and so hard to hit, with such variety, accuracy, and timing with his punches. His best fight against his best opponent. I hadn't ever thought of it before, but the Showtime crew was right, very Whitakeresque.

Agbeko made the same mistake as the first fight, and lost clearly because of it. I don't know what his obsession has been with the left hook against Mares, but he gave away rounds trying to land it. The scores were wide, but good win for Mares in a good fight.

I'd love to see either Donaire stick around for one more fight against either Mares or Moreno, just because they could both be very good fights.

I pretty much knew that would happen to Margarito. I think I even got the round right in a prediction thread, that around the 10th his eye would just be too damaged and the fight would get stopped, likely with Margarito beginning or in the middle of a charge. That fight was going to be very interesting, but Cotto did his thing, fought a very good fight, and got some measure of revenge.

Comment

Working...
                      X