No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well

i'm going to go into the demarco and linares war later.
    because that's what it was, a war.

bernard looked to be faking in my opinion. perhaps im wrong.
    chad did toss him. he even grabbed a leg

it should show up on some sort of imaging (MRI or X ray) and end his career if he's not faking this

it will swell up if somethign is torn
    and if its out of its socket and popped back in you're still looking at surgery

Comment

• Today in boxing history, the feeling most hardcore boxing fans have is a feeling of betrayal.

It ended in a crazy and confused fashion. And Hopkins is seen by many as a quitter and a poor actor. As for Dawson, he is seen as a bully and unsportsmanlike in his fight against Hopkins.

Today's PPV is a mixture of horrible and beautiful matches.

Danny Garcia suckerpunching an old and over-the-hill Kendell Holt.

Dawson applying WWE technique of flipping his opponent out of his shoulder. An unnecessary behavior.

However, the beautiful matches:

Linares and DeMarco both showed heart and dedication. And supplied the fans with action and great boxing.

Paulie showed he still have his skills and his speed in the Welterweight division. I honestly believe he should stay in a little bit more in boxing.

That sums up my boxing for today.

Also, I feel cheated at this ridiculous PPV matches set up by Golden Boy Promotions a suckerpunch and now a WWE toss technique. Seriously, the fighters are out of control. Very unsportsmanlike.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        Well

i'm going to go into the demarco and linares war later.
        because that's what it was, a war.

bernard looked to be faking in my opinion. perhaps im wrong.
        chad did toss him. he even grabbed a leg

it should show up on some sort of imaging (MRI or X ray) and end his career if he's not faking this

it will swell up if somethign is torn
        and if its out of its socket and popped back in you're still looking at surgery
        Hopkins has pulled this tired act too many times now (Echols, Calzaghe, Jones II). I'm glad he lost. He was all over Dawson's back. If you can't continue it is a TKO. But the referee really should have informed Hopkins of the consequences of his drama.

Comment

• Tavoris cloud is looking reeeaal good right about now.
          I can't wait til he beats the snot out of Dawson.

Comment

• Scott has summed it up perfectly;

Hopkins milking the most minor of injuries is just tiresome.

Why he does it I simply don't know. But, it is something that has always annoyed me about Hopkins.

Boxing is a Warrior's sport and I'm sure Hopkins will agree with that so why he stays on the ground and moans and milks the littlest of injuries is beyond me.

Comment

• For a guy who markets himself as a tough old school Philly fighter he sure doesn't act like it at times. Can you imagine Bennie Briscoe rolling around on the canvas like that? I don't think Hopkins was looking for an out, but he was probably trying to buy himself a rest or maybe a points deduction. As Scott mentioned he's pulled this stunt before, only this time it backfired on him.

Comment

• I really don't care what the seriousness of Hopkins's injury is, I'm glad Dawson dropped him like that. I've been waiting years to see someone that simply would not accept the clinching and the pulling down and all the negative tactics Hopkins employs.

Round of applause for Bad Chad Dawson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Hopkins has pulled this tired act too many times now (Echols, Calzaghe, Jones II). I'm glad he lost. He was all over Dawson's back. If you can't continue it is a TKO. But the referee really should have informed Hopkins of the consequences of his drama.

i agree 100%. if bernard gets told he's going to lose via tko there's no way he's going to quit.

if a fall like that injures you so seriously you shouldnt be boxing anyway

i'm going to guess that this is bernards last fight regardless

i almost put 140 down for dawson to win (it would have paid me 100)

but who knows, with the pull hopkins has this one very well could end up as a NC

it will be sad to look back on hopkins record and see a stoppage

i'm 100% for his retirement at this point.

that fight wasn't ending well anyway for bernard, unless he landed one of those headbutts, which is his best offensive weapon these days without any exaggeration

edit: i also have had some pretty serious shoulder problems in my tenure on earth

if bernard has a real shoulder injury at 46 his career is over.
                  it will take him at least half a year to recover. probably much longer.

both of my shoulders sublux (pop out of place and pop back in)
                  anterior subluxation is the name. and it takes a hell of a lot more than a light and braced fall on some canvas to bust a shoulder out of place if its not already damaged, especially in a well trained boxer.

i havnt gotten the surgeries because they involve two months in a sling and about 6 months of rehab (and i cant go without working // driving for 2 months)

you'd be hard pressed to get back into the game within a year with a shoulder injury even if you are young

bernard is 46

thanks for the memories, you're either faking it and should retire because your heart isnt where it used to be or your career is over from the injury you sustained

the injury is a "seperated AC joint" according to a doctor.
                  i believe thats the small bump where your deltoids come together at the top of the shoudler (near the bottom of the t****zius, on either side) but i'm not 100% sure

i dont know a ton about it but i will do some research and get back to you fine gentlemen.
                  Last edited by New England; 10-16-2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i agree 100%

if a fall like that injures you so seriously you shouldnt be boxing anyway

i'm going to guess that this is bernards last fight regardless

i almost put 140 down for dawson to win (it would have paid me 100)

but who knows, with the pull hopkins has this one very well could end up as a NC

it will be sad to look back on hopkins record and see a stoppage

i'm 100% for his retirement at this point.

that fight wasn't ending well anyway for bernard, unless he landed one of those headbutts, which is his best offensive weapon these days without any exaggeration

edit: i also have had some pretty serious shoulder problems in my tenure on earth

if bernard has a real shoulder injury at 46 his career is over.
                    it will take him at least half a year to recover. probably much longer.

both of my shoulders sublux (pop out of place and pop back in)
                    anterior subluxation is the name. and it takes a hell of a lot more than a light and braced fall on some canvas to bust a shoulder out of place if its not already damaged, especially in a well trained boxer.

i havnt gotten the surgeries because they involve two months in a sling and about 6 months of rehab (and i cant go without working // driving for 2 months)

you'd be hard pressed to get back into the game within a year with a shoulder injury even if you are young

bernard is 46

thanks for the memories, you're either faking it and should retire because your heart isnt where it used to be or your career is over from the injury you sustained

the injury is a "seperated AC joint" according to a doctor.
                    i believe thats the small bump where your deltoids come together at the top of the shoudler (near the bottom of the t****zius, on either side) but i'm not 100% sure

i dont know a ton about it but i will do some research and get back to you fine gentlemen.

I never realized how much recovery time that specific injury required. Thanks for sharing. If I'm ever unfortunate enough to have a shoulder injury I'll keep that in mind.

As for Hopkins I didn't see him winning this fight under any scenario before it even started. I just didn't and was surprised at the amount of people who thought he was going to repeat what he did to Pascal. Dawson is a completely different type of opponent and the best Hopkins has faced since Calzaghe. It's definitely time for him to retire and I have a hunch that he will. Or he can look forward to more injuries and embarrassing performances.

Comment

• guys Linares and DeMarco are why i have hope in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X