No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    margarito's eye looks god awful. i have no issue with a commission keeping him out of the ring.

however, the timing of all of this is absurd.

that sucks, surg, about your arrangements. that would have been a terrific fight to see live.

he never should have been allowed to finish the pacquiao fight. in my opinion the bulk of the blame goes to his corner for sending him out round after round.

lawrence cole was quick to stop the manfredo and chavez fight (though i thought it was a sound stoppage, he did look to be trying to stop it right away)

cole should have stopped the margarito fight.

the cotto - margarito 24/7 has by far been the best i've seen since the show was fresh and new

The build up for this fight has been very interesting and a little strange. Margarito's eye issues(this late), Cotto's strange catch weight demands as well announcing that he will not fight Margarito outside of New York, has given me reservations about whether the fight will happen. I believe it will but I'll be relieved when they both get in the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      [/U]

The build up for this fight has been very interesting and a little strange. Margarito's eye issues(this late), Cotto's strange catch weight demands as well announcing that he will not fight Margarito outside of New York, has given me reservations about whether the fight will happen. I believe it will but I'll be relieved when they both get in the ring.

i feel for the folk who bought and cancelled plane tickets and ****

now the fight is evidently still going on in NY

unrelated to the post to which i'm replying :

tyson marquez and giovanni segura are going to scrap if segura can get by viloria (which shouldnt be an issue)
      at least that's the rumor i've been seeing//hearing

segura and marquez could be a bonafide classic.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        i feel for the folk who bought and cancelled plane tickets and ****

now the fight is evidently still going on in NY

unrelated to the post to which i'm replying :

tyson marquez and giovanni segura are going to scrap if segura can get by viloria (which shouldnt be an issue)
        at least that's the rumor i've been seeing//hearing

segura and marquez could be a bonafide classic.
        I think Segura will wipe the floor with Viloria, but ur right man Tyson Marquez and Segura has all the ingredients for a real classic! Id back Segura i think but its a FIGHT!

Anybody else liking Martin Murray's chances against Felix Sturm, im gonna drop a few quid on him....

Canelo vs Cintron predictions???

I like Saul, hope he pastes this punta and i do expect him to win but i see a cautious boxing match here with Alvarez coming out on top. Cintron is big and rangey with big power though so its no given. If J.Cotto can hurt him Cintron COULD go further...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          I think Segura will wipe the floor with Viloria, but ur right man Tyson Marquez and Segura has all the ingredients for a real classic! Id back Segura i think but its a FIGHT!

Anybody else liking Martin Murray's chances against Felix Sturm, im gonna drop a few quid on him....

Canelo vs Cintron predictions???

I like Saul, hope he pastes this punta and i do expect him to win but i see a cautious boxing match here with Alvarez coming out on top. Cintron is big and rangey with big power though so its no given. If J.Cotto can hurt him Cintron COULD go further...
          I'm rooting for Murray but wouldn't put money on him.

I imagine he'll give it his all, but I would never put money on someone who hasn't fought at World Level against a sseasoned world level fighter like Sturm. In his country none the less.

Cintron looked horrible against Molina. Really horrible. I think GBP are putting Alvarez in there with him because he looks vunerable. I don't expect Cintron to look fantastic after that horrible performance. So I'm thinking Alvarez possibly by KO.

I don't really rate Alvarez but one thing I do like about him is when he sits down on his punches he has real power, in both hands.

I was actually at his fight with J.Cotto. He didn't impress me at all.

I'm looking forward to Adrian Broner's fight more than anything tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I'm rooting for Murray but wouldn't put money on him.

I imagine he'll give it his all, but I would never put money on someone who hasn't fought at World Level against a sseasoned world level fighter like Sturm. In his country none the less.

Cintron looked horrible against Molina. Really horrible. I think GBP are putting Alvarez in there with him because he looks vunerable. I don't expect Cintron to look fantastic after that horrible performance. So I'm thinking Alvarez possibly by KO.

I don't really rate Alvarez but one thing I do like about him is when he sits down on his punches he has real power, in both hands.

I was actually at his fight with J.Cotto. He didn't impress me at all.

I'm looking forward to Adrian Broner's fight more than anything tonight.
            I like Alvarez alot but im not sold on him yet, i Want him to impress me tonight

Im feeling like Murray might be able to get Felix outta there with good body work a key factor, Murray Late stoppage! He hasnt fought at that level but u got to make the plunge sometime and also u never know just how good an unbeaten fighter is

Comment

• I dont like Broner much, good fighter but something turns me off. Russell Jnr i like

Comment

I like Alvarez alot but im not sold on him yet, i Want him to impress me tonight

Im feeling like Murray might be able to get Felix outta there with good body work a key factor, Murray Late stoppage! He hasnt fought at that level but u got to make the plunge sometime and also u never know just how good an unbeaten fighter is
                He looked pretty good against Ryan Rhodes.

But against Cotto, Hatton and Gomez I wasn't impressed.

I just can't see that happening. Macklin found the body a lot and he wasn't close to being badly hurt to the body. I don't think he'll hurt him to the body.

I don't think he'll hurt him at all. Sturm's pretty tough.

I think if it goes to the cards Sturm will definitely win but I think Sturm might even stop him.

It's a joke of a fight for Sturm really like most of his fights.

Comment

I dont like Broner much, good fighter but something turns me off. Russell Jnr i like
                  Broner's opponent tonight sure doesn't impress on paper. This looks like yet another HBO "showcase" card with one sided matches favoring the house fighter. This is two straight weeks of the odds on the TV fights being over 5-1. I can't wait for the new HBO boxing admistration. It can't be any worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Broner's opponent tonight sure doesn't impress on paper. This looks like yet another HBO "showcase" card with one sided matches favoring the house fighter. This is two straight weeks of the odds on the TV fights being over 5-1. I can't wait for the new HBO boxing admistration. It can't be any worse.
                    To be fair to Broner he was supposed to be fighting Ricky Burns but he decided to move up to 135.

So the guy he's fighitng tonight is more of a filler. Bit silly it's for a title though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      To be fair to Broner he was supposed to be fighting Ricky Burns but he decided to move up to 135.

So the guy he's fighitng tonight is more of a filler. Bit silly it's for a title though.
                      That is true. A Broner-Burns fight would have definitely been worth watching. I'm just tired of all the showcase fights on HBO. Chavez-Manfredo was just last week.

Comment

Working...
                      X