Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• margarito's eye looks god awful. i have no issue with a commission keeping him out of the ring.

however, the timing of all of this is absurd.

that sucks, surg, about your arrangements. that would have been a terrific fight to see live.

he never should have been allowed to finish the pacquiao fight. in my opinion the bulk of the blame goes to his corner for sending him out round after round.

lawrence cole was quick to stop the manfredo and chavez fight (though i thought it was a sound stoppage, he did look to be trying to stop it right away)

cole should have stopped the margarito fight.

the cotto - margarito 24/7 has by far been the best i've seen since the show was fresh and new
    Last edited by New England; 11-20-2011, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      margarito's eye looks god awful. i have no issue with a commission keeping him out of the ring.

however, the timing of all of this is absurd.

that sucks, surg, about your arrangements. that would have been a terrific fight to see live.

he never should have been allowed to finish the pacquiao fight. in my opinion the bulk of the blame goes to his corner for sending him out round after round.

lawrence cole was quick to stop the manfredo and chavez fight (though i thought it was a sound stoppage, he did look to be trying to stop it right away)

cole should have stopped the margarito fight.

the cotto - margarito 24/7 has by far been the best i've seen since the show was fresh and new
      Definitely.

Margarito should have been pulled out at the latest 9th Round.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Oh no its not like that, everything is still going ahead as planned - though Margs still needs cleared to fight with "that" eye, find out on Tuesday for sure as far as thats concerned.

Problem is on my end, just before i booked the tickets the share prices plummeted (was gonna cash my shares from work to go) plus we were expecting some inheritance money to come through but that got messy and is still ongoing...

Meh im gutted but its still gonna be a great night - as long as u aint mexican (bigstereotype )

Got my gym night out then too so im gonna be steaming come fight time, i'l probably be on here claiming Miguel is the GOAT! lol
        Hope it works out for you, because that would be a massive rip off if all of you that bought tickets don't get to go the fight NOW, when it's so close.

Cannot wait for this fight. The only surefire great fight left this year.

Comment

Id have loved all 30-60 seconds of a MW FIGHT between Kirkland and Nigel Benn.........

Seriously Great call on Kirkland vs Angulo - i thought Perro was a lock.

But as fun as JK is i cant see him doing much more, i'll pay to see him vs a Cotto or Canelo (He brings the ruckus!) but wont expect him to win
          Originally posted by New England View Post
          benn would have cleaned his clock but man would it have be fun

kirklands got fast hands too, so you know he'd get a few licks in and maybe even shake benn briefly
          Originally posted by New England View Post
          if manny is the number one WW according to ring ****zine why the hell isnt marquez ranked in their top ten now?

what the phuck
          Yeah i couldnt believe the punch stats for manny/pacman 3. Pac only glanced him except maybe an occassional decent punch, but you could tell every punch marquez landed. I was astonished at that decision.

Kirkland vs Benn would be so god damn epic. Kirkland would get his in no doubt. Hes so fast and the last thing you can question is his heart. He went into México a huge underdog against an iron chinned hard hitting classic mexican style fighter after getting embarrassed bu ishida only 6months ago. Got knocked down with one of ángulos hardest shots ever,
          Got up and trashed him. Benn would get him down early but thats part of kirklands style. The rest of it is pure aggression amazing cardio and heavy hitting volume punching. Kirkland is still young he hasnt even reached his full potential. If he somehow got by molina and lara, alavarez. Benn would stop him early now, maybe survive kirkland knockdown but wouldnt suprise me If later on kirkland gets even Better and would pick him to survive benns best early on pure heart, and comeback too smash him.

I think marquez could easily be a ranked welterweight but floyd will always be his Worst nightmare while he is pacs. Still Should rank him #3 WW and P4P.

Chávez jr is a clown. Like a win over manfredo means anything. Waste of a fight beating sakio bikas 5year leftovers. Alvarez would smash him. Martinez kills him. Kirkland would smash him. Chávez is total hype. Hell beat cans and draw against anybody that beats him tho i thought the last european boy beat him and failed prospect Duddy gave him hell. I think his biggest best challenge in a relevant big fight is jermain taylor who i think could definitely make some noise in his comeback. I think he will fight pirog or martinez for a major world title again. I think If this comeback after a much needed layoff Like morales, he could knock Chávez jr out.
          Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 11-20-2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Oh no its not like that, everything is still going ahead as planned - though Margs still needs cleared to fight with "that" eye, find out on Tuesday for sure as far as thats concerned.

Problem is on my end, just before i booked the tickets the share prices plummeted (was gonna cash my shares from work to go) plus we were expecting some inheritance money to come through but that got messy and is still ongoing...

Meh im gutted but its still gonna be a great night - as long as u aint mexican (bigstereotype )

Got my gym night out then too so im gonna be steaming come fight time, i'l probably be on here claiming Miguel is the GOAT! lol
            Oh hellllllllllll no! Bummer that you can't catch the fight, was looking forward to sharing a few brews.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              Oh hellllllllllll no! Bummer that you can't catch the fight, was looking forward to sharing a few brews.
              Best Avatar on this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Best Avatar on this site.

He was kicking as tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                  He was kicking as tonight!
                  He's a real entertainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
                    Yeah i couldnt believe the punch stats for manny/pacman 3. Pac only glanced him except maybe an occassional decent punch, but you could tell every punch marquez landed. I was astonished at that decision.

Kirkland vs Benn would be so god damn epic. Kirkland would get his in no doubt. Hes so fast and the last thing you can question is his heart. He went into México a huge underdog against an iron chinned hard hitting classic mexican style fighter after getting embarrassed bu ishida only 6months ago. Got knocked down with one of ángulos hardest shots ever,
                    Got up and trashed him. Benn would get him down early but thats part of kirklands style. The rest of it is pure aggression amazing cardio and heavy hitting volume punching. Kirkland is still young he hasnt even reached his full potential. If he somehow got by molina and lara, alavarez. Benn would stop him early now, maybe survive kirkland knockdown but wouldnt suprise me If later on kirkland gets even Better and would pick him to survive benns best early on pure heart, and comeback too smash him.

I think marquez could easily be a ranked welterweight but floyd will always be his Worst nightmare while he is pacs. Still Should rank him #3 WW and P4P.

Chávez jr is a clown. Like a win over manfredo means anything. Waste of a fight beating sakio bikas 5year leftovers. Alvarez would smash him. Martinez kills him. Kirkland would smash him. Chávez is total hype. Hell beat cans and draw against anybody that beats him tho i thought the last european boy beat him and failed prospect Duddy gave him hell. I think his biggest best challenge in a relevant big fight is jermain taylor who i think could definitely make some noise in his comeback. I think he will fight pirog or martinez for a major world title again. I think If this comeback after a much needed layoff Like morales, he could knock Chávez jr out.

chavez has shown some improvement but unless he's going to get another two years of top rank home cooking i dont think he's going to be able to develop.
                    eventually he'll run into a puncher. he just doesnt box consistently.

he's also huge and young. he wont be a MW forever. hell, 180 lbs is a cruiserweight.

floyd's been my number one WW and p4p since he came back. marquez has to get ranked somewhere in the top ten by virtue of his performance against pacquiao. the ring is starting to suck.

they still have B-hop as the LHW champion.
                    what the hell is going on over there?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      chavez has shown some improvement but unless he's going to get another two years of top rank home cooking i dont think he's going to be able to develop.
                      eventually he'll run into a puncher. he just doesnt box consistently.

he's also huge and young. he wont be a MW forever. hell, 180 lbs is a cruiserweight.

floyd's been my number one WW and p4p since he came back. marquez has to get ranked somewhere in the top ten by virtue of his performance against pacquiao. the ring is starting to suck.

they still have B-hop as the LHW champion.
                      what the hell is going on over there?
                      Ur joking!? How can Hopkins still be champ???

Btw did any medical reports or evidence ever come out about his injury?

And while ur talking about Chavez, Freddie Roach really needs to shut up about this kid! His trash talking and over rating wont be winning Jnr and new fans....

Comment

Working...
                      X