• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    I vote for Mills Lane to referee the rematch
    Lol Good Call Bring Back Mills!

Tyson "I I I Didnt.."

Mills interrupting "BULL****!"

I always envision the Mills from Celebrity Death Match when i think of Lane tho lol

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      i rage every time i see him in the rankings

he fought guy who was 0-1 recently

1-2
      0-2
      1-3

i mean you gotta be joking, wonjonkam, lol. fight somebody.

he's on the list i believe on a victory over an undefeated kameda

not really sure how the strength of a kameda victory gets him such a secure slot on the p4p list
      but hey, ring ****zine does wild **** sometimes and there's nothing that can be done.

Sosa will be the 7th world champion he's defeated.

He has the fastest title ko in the divisions history against a man who would become world champion.

I have always been a Jorge Arce fan but he BLATANTLY ducked Wonjongkam
      and instead fought interims against Pongsaklek's left overs. (Hussy Hussein)
      Segura is going to fight Pingo (a former champion who already got owned by Wonjongkam)
      Archie Solis just won a title of a world champion Wonjongkam already beat.

The guys has been fighting at world level for a decade.

And you make it sound like he's a bum??????????
      No disrespect but have you ever seen him fight??
      Cos you comments sound like something right out of nsb

I am willing to bet ALL my points against you that he beats (destroys) Sosa

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        That's rough.

joking ^^

don't even have a bird

Comment

• Anyone catch that sack of piss Cintron last night? Howd he look?

BTW What the Hell is Michael Katsidis doing fighting OFF of Tv!? It disgusts me the way that guys career has been handled - he Should be Rich as ***** by now. Id like to see him re base in England and sign with Warren, Frank would make a Star out of him

Comment

• Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post

He has the fastest title ko in the divisions history against a man who would become world champion.

Segura is going to fight Pingo (a former champion who already got owned by Wonjongkam)

lol^^

first of all he's on the pound for pound list
            not the list of accomplished boxers. the same list that floyd mayweather got bumped from for inactivity.

he's not on american tv. at all.

but yes, i've seen him fight. i woldnt be talking about him if i hadn't.
            you've got to go on youtube and find footage of him fighting in past fights
            or if you feel like it, find a stream and watch it live early in the morning, which i certainly do not for a wonjonkam fight .

i never called him a horrible fighter
            but he's not always fighting at world level. not even close, dude

four of his last five opponents have had losing records
            lemme go over that one more time. for of his last five opponents have had losing records. none of them (any opponent in 2011, the guy does fight a lot,) have had more than 18 fights. four of the five had fewer than four fights

i said he doesn't belong on the p4p list, and he doesn't. and if he earned his way in to the list after a good showing he certainly hasn't done what is necessary to stay there.

think about the guys who are pushed out of that spot
            you think wonjonkam is a more worthy p4p fighter than carl froch?
            you gotta be crazy
            froch has beat pascal, taylor, abraham, johnson, dirrell, and lost a sd in denmark to mikkell kessler

wonjonkam's recent body of work is an insult to the p4p, to be frank.
            he hasn't been fighting at the world level for a decade. he has picked some spots.

he's been a domestic flyweight fighting almost exclusively in thailand, carving out a what will probably be a hall of fame career doing what he can, against opponents who frankly aren't good enough to warrant a spot among the planets ten best fighters.
            Last edited by New England; 08-18-2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              joking ^^

don't even have a bird
              It's all good bro. You had me worried for a second.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post

I think he's on his last legs now, though.

He seems to have slowed down considerably.

Also, just to highlight the losing record thing; look at the time duration between those fights. He takes those stay busy fights (and doesn't defend his title by the way) to stay busy and for money, because I can only gather he needs to.

When he does defend his title, it's against a legit opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I think he's on his last legs now, though.

He seems to have slowed down considerably.

Also, just to highlight the losing record thing; look at the time duration between those fights. He takes those stay busy fights (and doesn't defend his title by the way) to stay busy and for money, because I can only gather he needs to.

When he does defend his title, it's against a legit opponent.

he fights a boatload
                  which is cool with me

it's not the sort of schedule that keeps a man on the p4p list in my eyes, even when he does step up.

there are just far too many more deserving boxers based on their recent work

we've got to be fair to men in every weight class, certainly
                  but the talent pool at flyweight is nowhere near the level of 168, 140, 118, 147, (when those guys actually fight,) etc

those guys (when active,) do what is necessary in my eyes against much more worthy opponents.

frankly, the jump to bw is six lbs
                  six of them

frankly, if he was so goddamn great, (and in need of money,) he could campaign at BW and look for a big fight over here in the states

wonjonkam has made a career at 112
                  its not like he was a minimum weight, though he is small in height and reach
                  he's got some muscles and a style that could move up
                  and a solid chin

fight tyson marquez even

if you want to belong on the p4p list, you've got to do a hell of a lot more in my eyes

it seems the ring is giving another "honorary" top ten ranking

"thanks for the great career. we'll see you in canastota, here's a p4p ranking late in your career to put on your CV"

oh and he's also a 34 year old flyweight
                  that's a race against the clock
                  Last edited by New England; 08-15-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• I agree IronDanHamza he is on his last legs but he's still got something left.......

Oh and I think you gentleman might be interested to know that when he beats Sosa it will now be the 8th world champ he's defeated.

Suriyan Sor Rungvisai beat the tough Tomas Rojas for wbc superfly.......
                    It is worth watchin Rungvisai/Wonjongkam its a decent fight and Rungvisai projectile vomits for some reason in the middle of a round late in the fight!?!?!?!?

Comment

• Froch wants winner take all

By Robert Hough

Carl Froch said Wednesday the loser of his fight with Andre Ward should get no money. “I’ll bet my purse against his, ” the Nottingham, England native and WBC super middleweight champion said moments before a press conference in Ward’s hometown of Oakland, Calif. “I’m serious. Anyone can say they’re confident. I mean it.”

Froch (28-1, 20 KOs) and Ward (24-0, 13 KOs), whose three-city media tour took them to London and New York on Monday and Tuesday, respectively, talked about the fight in an event that was open to the public and attracted about 150 fans.

Ward, who faces Froch on Oct. 29 in Atlantic City, N.J., in the Super Six World Boxing Classic final, dismissed the Englishman’s suggestion as more talk.

“He’s great with the one-liners, ” Ward said.

Wouldn’t a winner-take-all fight be a whole lot more interesting?

“That’s easy for you to say, ” Ward said.

In his opening remarks, Ward acknowledged the crowd at the noon event under warm, sunny skies, and that some people are having hard times making any money.

“It’s great to see so many people come out for this, ” he said at the event that started at noon. “I hope everyone’s out here on their lunch breaks and have jobs to go back to.”

Comment

Working...
                      X