No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Martinez has to get FOTY. No other logical choice. Then again, I've seen weirder choices in these categories.

Comeback or even FOTY in 2008 should most definitely have gone to the batty crab Vic Darchinyan but instead went to Big Klit and Pacman.

Anyway....knocking out Windmill Williams in a FOTY rematch/revenge fight and winning the 160 title over Pissed Pavlik beats anything anyone else had done.
    Pacquiao should win Fighter of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Pacquiao should win Fighter of the Year
      No he shouldn't, how can 2 glorified tuneups equate to FOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        No he shouldn't, how can 2 glorified tuneups equate to FOTY.
        he should and will win it... his performances against Clottey & Margarito was exceptional and if it was Floyd Mayweather who had beaten those two fighters then there would be no doubt about him being FOTY

Comment

he should and will win it... his performances against Clottey & Margarito was exceptional and if it was Floyd Mayweather who had beaten those two fighters then there would be no doubt about him being FOTY
          Why do you say that? I don't see how a win over a top 5 WW and an unranked fighter who had been KO'ed in his last significant fight is better than winning the lineal mw title and a KOOTY win against a top 5 P4P opponent.

Comment

How on Earth could you pick Clottey and Margarito as better wins then Kelly Pavlik and Paul Williams ?, I really don't get it at all, Martinez's performances were exceptional as well or did you miss him blast Williams (Who was in pretty much all top 5 p4p lists, something Clottey and Marg were not even close too) out of there in the 2nd round ?.

Comment

Why do you say that? I don't see how a win over a top 5 WW and an unranked fighter who had been KO'ed in his last significant fight is better than winning the lineal mw title and a KOOTY win against a top 5 P4P opponent.
              Martinez victory over Pavlik was good but not great and has been tarnished by Pavlik's alcohol addiction.. The KO over Williams will most certainly be Ring Mag KO of the Year.

Comment

Martinez victory over Pavlik was good but not great and has been tarnished by Pavlik's alcohol addiction.. The KO over Williams will most certainly be Ring Mag KO of the Year.
                Yep clearly a better year than Pac.

Comment

Yep clearly a better year than Pac.
                  i will bet you your 2800 points that Pacquiao gets FOTY ?

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                    How on Earth could you pick Clottey and Margarito as better wins then Kelly Pavlik and Paul Williams ?, I really don't get it at all, Martinez's performances were exceptional as well or did you miss him blast Williams (Who was in pretty much all top 5 p4p lists, something Clottey and Marg were not even close too) out of there in the 2nd round ?.
                    in a recent poll of Ring Magazine subscribers who was asked who the 2010 Fighter of the year should be 71% voted Pacquiao ?..... so i am not in the minority but the majority

Comment

i will bet you your 2800 points that Pacquiao gets FOTY ?
                      I have more in the bank but go on then even if he does get it(which he won't), it's clear Marrtinez had the best year in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X