No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I don't see Cotto getting in the HOF, but that's just me.

Cotto didn't really show an interest in a fight with Mayweather either. That must be mentioned. Mayweather didn't pull his weight to make the fight but neither did Cotto.

Margarito however, is a different story.

As for Tszyu Mayweather, the HBO - SHO dispute was obviously a roadblock for starters.

Other than that on what timeline could Floyd fight Tszyu?

There was never a time in Floyds short stay in 140 where both were available. I mean, never even once were in talks.

Nate doesn't remember this, though.

I think people just like pulling names out of a hat of the division Floyd was in and saying he ducked them. For some reason.
    I never thought Floyd ducked Zoo, that rings a bell tho the Showtime / HBO dispute being a stumbling block...

I honestly think he'd make the Hall NOW but he still has the chance for redemption against Tony, a 4th weight class title awaits and potentially many more blockbuster fights, he will get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      I never thought Floyd ducked Zoo, that rings a bell tho the Showtime / HBO dispute being a stumbling block...

I honestly think he'd make the Hall NOW but he still has the chance for redemption against Tony, a 4th weight class title awaits and potentially many more blockbuster fights, he will get in.
      Hmmm, maybe. Maybe.

The whole weight class thing doesn't mean much these days. Especially considering Cotto has never been Lineal Champion in any of those.

Camacho, R.Mayweather, Arce. All 3 weight world champions that will never see the HOF as fighters or most likely won't.

Cotto, is an unlikely one IMO.

There have been alot of Cotto's across many era's that most people have no clue who they are now.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe. Maybe.

The whole weight class thing doesn't mean much these days. Especially considering Cotto has never been Lineal Champion in any of those.

Camacho, R.Mayweather, Arce. All 3 weight world champions that will never see the HOF as fighters or most likely won't.

There have been alot of Cotto's across many era's that most people have no clue who they are now.
        Fair points, i try to make sure i mention he is a TITLIST or belt holder when i can as ur right the championship has been watered down immensly. Still impressive tho and like with that stupid ESPN poll the other day "Mainstream appeal" could be a factor and Cotto is a STAR and the third biggest draw in boxing

To me Mainstream appeal is a crock of ***** but id have Miguel in regardless, he's better than Barry Mcguigan for example

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Fair points, i try to make sure i mention he is a TITLIST or belt holder when i can as ur right the championship has been watered down immensly. Still impressive tho and like with that stupid ESPN poll the other day "Mainstream appeal" could be a factor and Cotto is a STAR and the third biggest draw in boxing

To me Mainstream appeal is a crock of ***** but id have Miguel in regardless, he's better than Barry Mcguigan for example
          Cotto deserves to be in over McGuigan but so do many people

I don't know. Like I said he might get in but I think it's unlikely.

There are alot of people still waiting to be inducted that are more deserving than Cotto also.

Comment

Cotto deserves to be in over McGuigan but so do many people

I don't know. Like I said he might get in but I think it's unlikely.

There are alot of people still waiting to be inducted that are more deserving than Cotto also.
            Cant argue with that last sentence

Comment

Hmmm, maybe. Maybe.

I think Camacho as well as Cotto will make it in sometime down the road.Jmo.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I think Camacho as well as Cotto will make it in sometime down the road.Jmo.
                True, he was just one of the first 3 weight world champions I could think of that isn't that good, you know?

I give Camacho more chance than Cotto.

Both very well could get in. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  More than a few guys seem to be on PED's so better testing needs to happen. But if it doesn't happen across the board than Im not for it. In order for that to happen though the sport needs to be better organized and the the ABC factions need to unite, or at the very least get on board with one another and form a union where a certain percentage of EVERY professional fighters purse will go towards such testing. I think its unfair the let the up and comer have the chance to juice his way into a big money fight before finally getting tested. If OSDT is going to be successful and fair it needs to be implemented from top to bottom. If not....let things stay as they are now.
                  I agree with most of this, especially the union, which would be great to have other functions as well...

Are you aware of how the drug testing currently in place came to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    It seemed like Zbik won the first half of the fight and JCC Jr won the 2nd half. A draw would have been fair enough, but that wasn't going to happen in Los Angeles anymore than Junior would have won in Germany.
                    I've heard Zbik deserved it from a few respected posters but I've been told it wasn't convincing enough to be a robbery?

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      I agree with most of this, especially the union, which would be great to have other functions as well...

Are you aware of how the drug testing currently in place came to be?

I don't know specifically, no. But I'll e-mail a few people and see what I can find out.

Comment

Working...
                      X