Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing that suprised me was Shane being able to make Pacqiuao miss quite easily in the early rounds and even mid rounds. Considering how eas Shane is to hit in close quarters I found that very suprising.

Other than that I was suprised Manny's workrate was cut so drastically, Regardless to Shane running. I mean, Cotto was running from Manny also in the 2nd half of the fight.

Other than that I wasn't suprised since it was abudently clear Shane was done going into this fight. We knew this months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Moley is 100% SHOT, not passed his best but SHOT. This win means nothing to Pacquaio's legacy as far as im concerned. We thought this coming in too so its not like everyones being wise AFTER the fight.

Shane couldnt pull the trigger, didnt hold a punch quite the same, didnt have the ambition and seemed tired even though he barely threw. Sad really. What he did do was show that Manny Pacquaio is human. He wasnt the devasting Thrashing Machine from recent fights where his opponent brought the fight to him, it shows he is far less effective when he has to go looking for his man as he most likely would against Floyd Mayweather should they ever fight. JMM stood off him and look at the trouble Pac had with him, even when Cotto got on his toes Manny looked frustrated

I believe Manny when he complained about his legs tho, he lacked his usual spring and bounce. Still u cant complain when u pretty much shutout a guy with Shanes pedigree who had never been stopped and only ever been down the once (twice same fight)

For the record i gave Mosley the first and Manny everything else including his KD 10-8, Mosley's was never a KD but a push and i gave that round to Pacquaio
      No ****...

I think we saw a strong case for that in 04, 05 and 08.

This whole delusion that Manny Pacqiauo isn't human like is slightly frustrating.

People forget he has been made to look silly on several occasions over his great career.

Comment

• Mosley took a pay day IMO.

Prime for Prime at any of their mutual weight classes, I'd pick shane though.

Comment

Moley is 100% SHOT, not passed his best but SHOT. This win means nothing to Pacquaio's legacy as far as im concerned. We thought this coming in too so its not like everyones being wise AFTER the fight.

Shane couldnt pull the trigger, didnt hold a punch quite the same, didnt have the ambition and seemed tired even though he barely threw. Sad really. What he did do was show that Manny Pacquaio is human. He wasnt the devasting Thrashing Machine from recent fights where his opponent brought the fight to him, it shows he is far less effective when he has to go looking for his man as he most likely would against Floyd Mayweather should they ever fight. JMM stood off him and look at the trouble Pac had with him, even when Cotto got on his toes Manny looked frustrated

I believe Manny when he complained about his legs tho, he lacked his usual spring and bounce. Still u cant complain when u pretty much shutout a guy with Shanes pedigree who had never been stopped and only ever been down the once (twice same fight)

For the record i gave Mosley the first and Manny everything else including his KD 10-8, Mosley's was never a KD but a push and i gave that round to Pacquaio
          Excellent recap and analysis Surgeon

Comment

• I thought Mosley had maybe 20% chance of winning, I think it was less then that now. Still don't think its a joke, for instance I would not put a bullet in a gun spin the chamber put it to my head and pull the trigger thinking its a joke, or that there is no chance of the bullet being fired. Mosley had a chance to win the fight. The odds were just against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Excellent recap and analysis Surgeon
              Cheers Scott, the Arce vs WV jnr fight was a cracker wasnt it, good job too coz the main event was weak. I was rootin for the PR man but u have to love Arce and the way he brings it, good win for him

Comment

• Pavlik - washed up or just shaking off the rust?

Comment

Pavlik - washed up or just shaking off the rust?
                  More like Pavlik - Not that good to begin with. I've always thought the dude was grossly overrated.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    More like Pavlik - Not that good to begin with. I've always thought the dude was grossly overrated.

Poet
                    Ive always thought he was over rated too, iuldnt believe he was favourite over Hopkins! Still he wasnt himself last night if u ask me, he's better than that

Comment

Ive always thought he was over rated too, iuldnt believe he was favourite over Hopkins! Still he wasnt himself last night if u ask me, he's better than that
                      I don't know if he's rusty or shot but that was a pathetic display last night. The only reason I didn't ****ing cut Bob Arum myself was because of the Arce fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X