No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
    Let it be shown today in history Cotto is not close to being finished, still improving and still has time to keep rising up the ranks of the ATG Puerto Ricans. I think a fight with Floyd would be sick i think Cotto causes him alot of problems especially since in the Ortiz fight floyds reflexes and speed arent what they use to look like. He beat Ortiz off pure experience and savy like a bernard hopkins scrap. Cotto is at his best going forward with his jab and body punching, two things that you need against mayweather. Also Floyd dont have the power and or the volume to hurt him.

When Pac struggles with marquez again or after floyd schools him, i think thatd be a prime time for a cotto rematch. Pac is looking more beatable by the second closing out on his prime. Only problem is cotto is a jr middleweight with bob arum. All the best jr mw are with golden boy and i think hes better going back down to WW for Ortiz, Berto, floyd, Bradley, jones and many.
    Sorry, but you have to take the opponent into account here. Nothing in that fight suggested Cotto gets anything other than wiped out against Floyd. I'd like to see him against anyone else at 147 or 154 though, he could surprise people.

Comment

• I got all of my predictions right last night;

Rodriguez Decision Wolak
      Rios stopping Murray
      Moreno Decision Vic
      Mares Decision Agbeko
      Cotto beating Margarito (I predicted him to win by Decision)

So 4 out of 5 I got the outcome right.

****! I knew I should have gone to the bookies Moreno and Mares were underdogs aswell!

Comment

• I just want to say how proud i am of all the British lads fighting away from home this weekend, Martin Murray was unlucky, he had a case for victory there and made Sturm look so ordinary (which i think he is) I scored it level

John Murray poured his soul out vs Big punching Bam Bam Rios in a great fight and took him to the 11th when most felt it would be an early blowout

Del Boy Chisora showed up in great shape and BROUGHT IT in Finland, total screw job!

More than that though WELL DONE MIGUEL COTTO!

Masterful performance. He outclassed the cheater and hit him with Hard flashy shots at will, it was clinical stuff and Cotto was surgical. Revenge was sweet and Cotto kept it Gangster afterwards too

Id love to see him in with Manny again without having to struggle to make weight and with a proper trainer and full confidence

Either that or dump Bob, get with GBP and face Alvarez, Kirkland or even pit his abilities vs Mayweather for big bucks and a shot at eternal glory

Comment

• As for the fights;

Moreno was incredible. And I wasn't at all suprised.

I knew Moreno would win and win big. He's so skilled, so slick, so versatile.

He has so much potential and other than Mayweather he is probably my favourite active fighter.

Round 8 it was an just incredible display. 7-12 was by far more dominant of a performance than any of the Bantamweight tornument.

Rodriguez-Wolak I thought would be closer but I felt Devlin would have the advantage this time because he has much more to give than Wolak. Wolak only fights one way and Devlin already knew how to deal with it. I felt he won their first fight anyway although obviously much closer.

Agbeko doesn't seem to know how to beat Mares. I picked him to beat Mares the first time but in the first fight it seemed to be that Mares had his number. Despite the low-blows.

John Murray did much much better than I expected. But, how much of that is to do with Rios' weight? I'm not sure.

It lasted much longer than I expected but the outcome was the same as I expected. Murray in a ****ing mess. Rios just does everything better than Murray. Literally everything.

And Cotto-Margarito, well, Margarito is obviously done. He's on his last legs and needs to think about retiring.

And the win doesn't do anything for Cotto in my book. He got his revenge and that's it.

To be honest, Cotto didn't really impress me that much. He still has overwhelming and glaring flaws.

But it was cool seeing Margarito take another deserving beating.

Comment

• 2011 awards

My 2011 awards predictions:

Fighter of the year: The winner of the ward-froch fight
            fight of the year: Kirkland-angulo
            upset of the year: Kirkland being ko'd in round 1 by ishida
            comeback fighter of the year: James kirkland
            round of the year: Round 1 of kirkland-angulo
            ko of the year: Mayweather ko4 ortiz
            event of the year: Joe frazier's death and funeral

Comment

• I gave Margarito two rounds....anyone else think my hands should be slapped for being generous?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                I just want to say how proud i am of all the British lads fighting away from home this weekend, Martin Murray was unlucky, he had a case for victory there and made Sturm look so ordinary (which i think he is) I scored it level

John Murray poured his soul out vs Big punching Bam Bam Rios in a great fight and took him to the 11th when most felt it would be an early blowout

Del Boy Chisora showed up in great shape and BROUGHT IT in Finland, total screw job!

More than that though WELL DONE MIGUEL COTTO!

Masterful performance. He outclassed the cheater and hit him with Hard flashy shots at will, it was clinical stuff and Cotto was surgical. Revenge was sweet and Cotto kept it Gangster afterwards too

Id love to see him in with Manny again without having to struggle to make weight and with a proper trainer and full confidence

Either that or dump Bob, get with GBP and face Alvarez, Kirkland or even pit his abilities vs Mayweather for big bucks and a shot at eternal glory
                Chisora did get totally screwed. That might be second to Williams-Lara as the worst decision of the year. It was worse than Sturm-Macklin.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                  I gave Margarito two rounds....anyone else think my hands should be slapped for being generous?
                  Not at all. If you were watching the HBO feed, Lampley was only calling what Cotto was doing and ignoring Margarito. Just like the first fight. Margarito lost almost every round, but he did some damage too.

Comment

• So far, I've got Yaegashi-Porpramook as the FOTY.

Great stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                      I gave Margarito two rounds....anyone else think my hands should be slapped for being generous?
                      I gave him two as well. He had rounds where he was accumulating punishment on Cotto, without question.

Comment

Working...
                      X