No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    It looks like Klitschko-Haye is almost a done deal. It's obvious that Wladimir is not injured and only pulled out of the Chisora fight to negotiate for the Haye fight. This has happened may times before in boxing for various reasons. As a fan I'm happy about that. A lot of fans are angry and I personally don't understand why. Some of those same people were complaining about the Chisora fight which I personally had zero interest in. This is the biggest fight in the division and the fans win no matter how you look at. Chisora might not like it but he didn't truly deserve a shot in the first place.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6186846
    I have zero interest in the heavyweight division at the moment. Besides the k bros there are no real fighters there and that include Haye in my opinion. Its better than the Chisora fight, and there is interest because Haye pays a lot of lip service, but I simply can't get excited about this or any other fight at heavyweight. Wlad in 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I have zero interest in the heavyweight division at the moment. Besides the k bros there are no real fighters there and that include Haye in my opinion. Its better than the Chisora fight, and there is interest because Haye pays a lot of lip service, but I simply can't get excited about this or any other fight at heavyweight. Wlad in 6.

I don't see Haye winning either. But at least it will be something to look forward too which is something that I couldn't say about any other fights in the division.

I agree that Haye's mouth has made it interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        I think there are at least 5 respectable top heavyweights (K bros,Adamek,Haye,Povetkin), and that doesn't even include legit contenders like Chambers and Thompson. I just don't buy into the common theory that the division has never been worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I think there are at least 5 respectable top heavyweights (K bros,Adamek,Haye,Povetkin), and that doesn't even include legit contenders like Chambers and Thompson. I just don't buy into the common theory that the division has never been worse.
          Whats respectable about Adamek, I never got why people consider him decent at HW, he hasn't proved he is yet, I'd easily put Chambers over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            Whats respectable about Adamek, I never got why people consider him decent at HW, he hasn't proved he is yet, I'd easily put Chambers over him.
            Adamek has looked pretty good in his heavyweight fights, and hasn't lost either. His win over Arreola was very respectable. Chambers is a quality fighter, but he already had his chance and wasn't competitive. Adamek would do better against Wladimir, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Adamek has looked pretty good in his heavyweight fights, and hasn't lost either. His win over Arreola was very respectable. Chambers is a quality fighter, but he already had his chance and wasn't competitive. Adamek would do better against Wladimir, IMO.
              I don't think highly of Arreola, he looks like an even further gone tall version of Johnny Tapia, I never got why anyone thought he was a threat, also Adamek looked horrible against Estrada and was momentarily hurt against a shot and **** Grant. Hes become overrated because he moved up in weight, now a relatively small man hes remained unbeaten but people seem to forget its been against poor opposition, but he hasn't really done anything at HW.
              Last edited by RubenSonny; 03-08-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I don't think highly of Arreola, he looks like an even further gone tall version on Johnny Tapia, I never got why anyone thought he was a threat, also Adamek looked horrible against Estrada and was momentarily hurt against a shot and **** Grant. Hes become overrated because he moved up in weight, now a relatively small man hes remained unbeaten but people seem to forget its been against poor opposition, but he hasn't really done anything at HW.
                I dont see anything special with Adamek either, i think there are a good few that beat him at HW. U probably know this but he isnt undefeated. Only at HW wich i guess is what u ment.

There are a few decent fighters other than the Klitchko boys and Haye but none even remotely grab my attention, no charisma or star power.

The ONLY fights that get me excited at HW involve David Haye, and the best one will be this Wlad vs Haye fight. The Division blows and its a good job we have fighters like Manny Pacquaio lighting up the boxing world

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  I dont see anything special with Adamek either, i think there are a good few that beat him at HW. U probably know this but he isnt undefeated. Only at HW wich i guess is what u ment.
                  Yeah my bad on that one, I meant at heavyweight.

The ONLY fights that get me excited at HW involve David Haye, and the best one will be this Wlad vs Haye fight. The Division blows and its a good job we have fighters like Manny Pacquaio lighting up the boxing world
                  Pacquiao was excellent in 2008-2009 but at the moment he's hurting the sport, he's had 3 consecutive tune-ups on ppv, its seriously pathetic, I don't see how hes lighting up the boxing world? Atleast Wlad fights the best he can.

Comment

Yeah my bad on that one, I meant at heavyweight.

Pacquiao was excellent in 2008-2009 but at the moment he's hurting the sport, he's had 3 consecutive tune-ups on ppv, its seriously pathetic, I don't see how hes lighting up the boxing world? Atleast Wlad fights the best he can.
                    Yeah thats true actually but as far as casual fans go, watching Manny bash around some bigger guy is very special.

Wlad is a fighter i WANT to like, he looks the part, has skill and power, a dodgy chin which i find makes a fighter more exciting, is a great ambassador, does loads for charity and is generaly a cool dude. He also takes on the best consistantly as u mentioned but ***** son he B.O.R.I.N.G!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      Yeah thats true actually but as far as casual fans go, watching Manny bash around some bigger guy is very special.

Wlad is a fighter i WANT to like, he looks the part, has skill and power, a dodgy chin which i find makes a fighter more exciting, is a great ambassador, does loads for charity and is generaly a cool dude. He also takes on the best consistantly as u mentioned but ***** son he B.O.R.I.N.G!
                      That's funny, I've been having the same struggle recently. I'll watch one of Wlad's videos where he seems like a great. He does a lot of stuff with kids, he gets all those KO's, he's fast, powerful, has good skills. I think to myself "hey. I just haven't given him enough of a chance as a fighter!" And then I watch a fight and I'm asleep by the third round. Maybe I'm watching the wrong fights. I hope so. Are there any exciting Wlad fights?

Comment

Working...
                      X