Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also thought the Floyd fight went as expected..although I predicted a TKO on cuts. But as mentioned..Cotto would give him fits at times, not with the left hook..but the underrated jab of his. But he'd do no more than give him fits and win a few rounds but get hit with uppercuts frequently. Floyd "dominated" the scorecards and controlled most of the fight so it's "domination" just not in the traditional, punishing way. He was in control and seemed to put himself on the ropes, not the other way around. Floyd won convincingly, but it was competitive...if that makes sense.

Canelo's speed really impressed me and he's gotten really sharp. :|... I'm starting to be slowly sucked in to the hype again. He seemed to really respect Shane because he came in much better shape than he's ever come in and much sharper and seemed stronger. Eff it..I'm a...belieber again. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      It wasn't close but it was competitive.

I have a very hard time taking people saying Mayweather dominated as being serious. Either the word has completely lost it's meaning or we saw a different fight.

I gave Cotto 4 because i wanted him to do well. I could see 3 or 2, but 3 rounds were close enough to go either way and Cotto took one clear round.

I think Cotto did very well. He was a 5:1 underdog and probably had a better performance against Floyd than anyone in recent years.

Shot? Doubt it. But we'll see.
      I don't think he dominated, per say.

But he won very clearly.

At the very most I can see 4 rounds. But that's pushing it and to be honest I can't see that.

And I think Cotto proved tonight he's not shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I don't think he dominated, per say.

But he won very clearly.

At the very most I can see 4 rounds. But that's pushing it and to be honest I can't see that.

And I think Cotto proved tonight he's not shot.
        About 9-3 sounds right. I never thought during the match that Cotto was a genuine threat to win it. But my idea of dominant would be the fight before (Alvarez-Mosley).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          About 9-3 sounds right. I never thought during the match that Cotto was a genuine threat to win it. But my idea of dominant would be the fight before (Alvarez-Mosley).
          Yeah, agreed.

I had it 10-2 but 9-3 is fine. 8-4 I struggle to see.

More than 4 Rounds is just a joke to me. I think it's ludicrous to even utter that suggestion.

It wasn't a Marqeuz, Mosley type domination type fight , but it was one sided.

It was an entertaining fight, I enjoyed it.

Looked to me like Mayweather pushed too hard for the KO and that's why he got hit more than usual. On his mind he wanted to out do Pacquaio and get him out of there.

From Round 1 he was throwing hard combinations. And on the inside he was trying to break him down.

Had he took his time some more and stopped trying to push for a stoppage I think he would have took less shots.

But people always critisize him for not going to the KO so props so that, I guess.

Comment

• Very good fight, Floyd made it harder than it had to be laying on the ropes and depending on his defense to make Cotto miss, which he couldn't do like he seemed to expect.

I can't see more than 4 rounds for Cotto, and that's being generous. I gave him 2, 3 seems fair.

Very good fight, great action on the ropes.

Comment

• I loved looking at Quintana, hes the type of fighter that just comes out of nowhere and pulls a win out of his ass. We all saw it against Joel Julio then again with Paul Williams, i just knew he was going to get either stopped or just beaten but he came to fight, not bad for a guy who i believe came from 140.

Mayweather, if im not mistaken is a two time jr middleweight champ and now the ring magazine holder of the belt? i saw the ring belt there. Mayweathers place in history was really cemented tonight.

When cotto fought at that 145 against pacquiao, he reminded me alot of the cotto that fought ricardo torres, tonight, cotto reminded me alot of when fought mosley and zab, he looked excellent.

one thing is for sure, cottos style is just an issue for floyd, but he overcame it.

I felt bad for shane, its hard for me to think this was the same shane that was plastering people at lightweight, like some of you i have been watching him since the start, he needs to just retire, i feel bad watching him take a beating.

good to see you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                I loved looking at Quintana, hes the type of fighter that just comes out of nowhere and pulls a win out of his ass. We all saw it against Joel Julio then again with Paul Williams, i just knew he was going to get either stopped or just beaten but he came to fight, not bad for a guy who i believe came from 140.

Mayweather, if im not mistaken is a two time jr middleweight champ and now the ring magazine holder of the belt? i saw the ring belt there. Mayweathers place in history was really cemented tonight.

When cotto fought at that 145 against pacquiao, he reminded me alot of the cotto that fought ricardo torres, tonight, cotto reminded me alot of when fought mosley and zab, he looked excellent.

one thing is for sure, cottos style is just an issue for floyd, but he overcame it.

I felt bad for shane, its hard for me to think this was the same shane that was plastering people at lightweight, like some of you i have been watching him since the start, he needs to just retire, i feel bad watching him take a beating.

good to see you guys.
                That was the WBA Belt.

He's a 2 time Champion at 154 but he didn't win the Ring belt.

Comment

• i have not gotten to it yet, but i'll try and put something coherent down about the cotto and floyd fight

i'll say first that i thought floyd easily won the fight on points.

and finish by saying to floyd mayweather

"what the hell were you doing on the damn ropes?"

makes you wonder
                  i will be back. speculating.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                    I loved looking at Quintana, hes the type of fighter that just comes out of nowhere and pulls a win out of his ass. We all saw it against Joel Julio then again with Paul Williams, i just knew he was going to get either stopped or just beaten but he came to fight, not bad for a guy who i believe came from 140.

good to see you guys.
                    Quintana seems like one of those fighters you can't count out. When you do he suprises you.

DeMarcus Corley is one of those too I guess. I kept expecting Shane to be one but it never happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
                      Quintana seems like one of those fighters you can't count out. When you do he suprises you.

DeMarcus Corley is one of those too I guess. I kept expecting Shane to be one but it never happened.

quintana vs corley

could be anything from a total snoozer to a great one
                      who knows!

unrelated:

shane mosley's chin

Comment

Working...
                      X