No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    salido - lopez II round 9 is one of the best you will ever see. lopez took a hell of a beating throughout the fight.

juanma cannot get out of the way of punches
    and he cant make 126 forever. it is over for him.

if you have not gotten a chance i highly suggest checking the fight out. i'll post a link if i can find one. pretty damn unreal. the fight to beat for FOTY for sure.
    Fantastic 8th and 9th, it was like Lopez said f*** it and tried to knock Salido out, because what he was doing wasn't working. Funny thing is, he should have run the last few rounds, he would have gotten the hometown robbery.

Salido really impressed me, even more so than in the first fight. In those epic last three rounds, as awesome as they were, he was fantastic. As fun as they were to watch, he was really dominating Lopez, landing all the hardest shots, slipping and ducking and fighting off the ropes, great stuff. He didn't get a mention that I remember in that thread in NSB about inside fighters, after the stuff he was doing in this fight he has to be on that list.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Fantastic 8th and 9th, it was like Lopez said f*** it and tried to knock Salido out, because what he was doing wasn't working. Funny thing is, he should have run the last few rounds, he would have gotten the hometown robbery.

Salido really impressed me, even more so than in the first fight. In those epic last three rounds, as awesome as they were, he was fantastic. As fun as they were to watch, he was really dominating Lopez, landing all the hardest shots, slipping and ducking and fighting off the ropes, great stuff. He didn't get a mention that I remember in that thread in NSB about inside fighters, after the stuff he was doing in this fight he has to be on that list.

salido has some nice little moves and knows how to land his big shots on juanma's chin

if they ever fight again it will look a whole lot worse for juanma i'd venture.

i dont think a salido - gamboa rematch is in order. the first fight was not competative.

serves arum right for letting juanma and gamboa pass him by. he should have figured that juanma was never going to develop into a great boxer (and gamboa is even older than he is!)

salido should probably move up to 135 and take politic for a shot at marquez. there's really not that much of a difference in size, with marquez being a former career FW himself a. same heigh and reach, and marquez is a small LW to begin with.

that fight would be huge in mexico, and let marquez get a stay busy fight that he should win and look good in the process.

Comment

• Great fight. Round 9 was amazing.

I put some money down on Salido. Despite logic dictating he should be the favourite the oddsmakers for some reason made him the underdog.

I'm a fan of Salido. He's everything Boxing is about, skills, power, will, chin, determination, inside fighting. He's a true warrior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          I was jumping in my seat at round 9. It was obvious Salido was going to pull through in the end though.

pretty obvious early on, too, lol

he couldnt miss juanma's chin... again

Comment

pretty obvious early on, too, lol

he couldnt miss juanma's chin... again
            When Juanma fought Saldio the first time I said he would give him problems and the all wise NSB shot me down.

Don't get me wrong I thought Juanma would win the first time but I knew Salido would give him problems.

All this time later and Salido has 2 KO wins over him

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              When Juanma fought Saldio the first time I said he would give him problems and the all wise NSB shot me down.

Don't get me wrong I thought Juanma would win the first time but I knew Salido would give him problems.

two serious beatings, too

that fight on saturday was a beatdown in every sense of the word.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

All the Salido has no chance talk for the first fight was from the large number of people that thought Lopez was as good or better than Gamboa. So they couldn't fathom him doing worse than Gamboa, who for the most part controlled the fight against Salido.

I was thinking before the first fight the same thing I was thinking before Peterson/Khan, when people thought Khan would kill Peterson. Peterson may have lost convincingly to Bradley, the same way Salido lost convincingly to Gamboa, but they were both competitive, so why would they not be competitive against Khan/Lopez?

Comment

• Anybody giving Macklin much of a chance on saturday?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                    Anybody giving Macklin much of a chance on saturday?

nope

i can see him getting stopped.

Comment

nope

i can see him getting stopped.
                      ye i think he gets stopped somewhere around the 9th

Comment

Working...
                      X