Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gave campillo the 5th. he's a poor mans martinez with height.

gave cloud the 6th. the don king judges certainly gave it to him

campillo started whipping that ass again in the 7th. we cant get on cloud hard for having the judges favor in a robbery. he's a tough kid. he took a grip of hard punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      You should call him out. Show him what Joe Frazier would do!

What great infighter did you face? Or are you referring to sparring Joe?
      I got hit by joe more than a couple times on the pads. That hurt like hell.

I would spar with Marvis a lot. He had a piston jab and was an inside beast. He fought men way bigger than him and did well. He's terribly underrated. Broke my ribs a couple times.

Put me in Clouds corner and I will give Frazier esque head movement. Id love to be in his corner. He's a blue collar fighter. My kind of guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
        I got hit by joe more than a couple times on the pads. That hurt like hell.

I would spar with Marvis a lot. He had a piston jab and was an inside beast. He fought men way bigger than him and did well. He's terribly underrated. Broke my ribs a couple times.

Put me in Clouds corner and I will give Frazier esque head movement. Id love to be in his corner. He's a blue collar fighter. My kind of guy.
        I like Cloud. He took his pasting well, fought through it like a warrior and was pissed at the thought of a stoppage.

How's your pro career coming on? Any updates about ESPN appearances etc?

Comment

I like Cloud. He took his pasting well, fought through it like a warrior and was pissed at the thought of a stoppage.

How's your pro career coming on? Any updates about ESPN appearances etc?
          Fight got canceled. The Puss y pulled out due to backspasms. So I have a fight tonight for a local highschools basketball games halftime. I have sunken so low.

Comment

Fight got canceled. The Puss y pulled out due to backspasms. So I have a fight tonight for a local highschools basketball games halftime. I have sunken so low.
            Cheer up man. Another opportunity will present itself in due time.

Comment

• gave campillo the 8th. cloud had a rally that a biased judge would call on in giving him the round. in my opinion, however, it was a clear cut campillo round. he was much busier with effective work. he was landing four and five punch combinations. however, that's a round i'd call a likely cloud round on the 4 point cloud card.

campillo taking some time off in the 9th and doing his best maravilla martinez with his footwork and ring generaship. not a ton of clean punches. campillo round.

campillo beating him up again in the tenth. cloud wasnt what we though he was but we cant let that get in the way of the fact that he showed serious balls.

another ass whooping in the 11th up until the break. ref gave him some time to clear his head and talk to the doctor. campillo was really handing it to him before the doctor checked the cut. "dont stop this fight. i'm a man. let me be a man."
              cloud clearly hurt campillo late in the round. in the first round that would have taken him out of there. hard to score. cloud round. maybe i'm being generous, because cloud was taking a beating early in the round.

gave campillo the 12th on his ending flurry. they were the cleanest punches landed. it was a close round, with cloud getting the better of it outside of the last 30 seconds.

great fight

not as much of a robbery as i thought it was when i watched it last night but a four point cloud scorecard is insane.

campillo is a solid fighter and cloud is a lot less than i had hoped for.
              Last edited by New England; 02-19-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• I just got back from training (doing a Tough Mudder race) and all the non fans and casual fans were pumped out of their minds about Haye and Chisora! "I cant wait to see that one, that was ace!"

This fight will sell its self if Haye has the stones to take it and if he wins then he will actually have reclaimed some credibility and almost even deserve his shot at a Klitchko....

Comment

Cheer up man. Another opportunity will present itself in due time.
                  Well my wife is going to be in my corner so lets see how that works out hahaha.

Comment

• I've never rated Cloud.

He looked terrible against Yusuf Mack.

He didn't look great against Glen Johnson.

He's strong and has good power but that's where is stops IMO.

Comment

Well my wife is going to be in my corner so lets see how that works out hahaha.
                      Could end up interesting!

Comment

Working...
                      X