Fastest white boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Still Michael Jordan.
    - -Credit Jordan for my disengagement from my brief NBA foray when opposing teams would part like the Red Sea for his freebie drive to the basket lest they be charged with a free throw by touching his eminence.

Wilt!

The most fouled player in NBA history who instituted the most rules changes to limit his scoring.

What, you buggermasters born yesterday?

Made Ali quit their fight with nary a punch thrown.

WILT for you unwashed masses of corporate clones dumbing down the world. Weep for thee.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -Credit Jordan for my disengagement from my brief NBA foray when opposing teams would part like the Red Sea for his freebie drive to the basket lest they be charged with a free throw by touching his eminence.

Wilt!

The most fouled player in NBA history who instituted the most rules changes to limit his scoring.

WILT for you unwashed masses of corporate clones dumbing down the world. Weep for thee.

Two valid points in 5 days. You must be on a roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        By Buggery some good cases made! I don't know who "the best" is...But I do know my favorites. I used to love the ABA when the New york Nets had Dr J. I loved the league, which was ahead of its time, having the 3 point shot when the NBA had a stick up its rear about the shot and would not allow a 3 pointer. I loved the shooters, the goofy ball, and I absolutely adored the Nets at that time. And the teams were spirited! from the announcers, to the fans, etc.
        Are you now a fan of the Nets again, now that they're back in New York?

Comment

By Buggery some good cases made! I don't know who "the best" is...But I do know my favorites. I used to love the ABA when the New york Nets had Dr J.
          - -Doc J top 5 forever.

Guaranteed one on one he'd clown Jordan like a schoolboy needing bully protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Next on the agenda, true observations of course, the thing I specialize in.

You will not find a single fighter who moved like Robinson before he did.
            Many things were just beginning with Robinson, and he was the one beginning them. Innovator, Sugar Ray.
            mhm Panama Al Brown. Boy he did move with a feline grace.

Comment

• As for fastest white boxers - Johnny Tapia, Ken Buchanan, Niccolino Locche comes to mind first

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Are you now a fan of the Nets again, now that they're back in New York?
                Nah its not the same...The ABA had a certain way about it. It was like the NBA was all high and mighty, the ABA was like a bunch of guys playing pick up in New York, the Rutgers league in Harlem, for the fun of it, and who could take on any NBA team. the guys were all great players but individualist is some ways, more creative.

Comment

- -Doc J top 5 forever.

Guaranteed one on one he'd clown Jordan like a schoolboy needing bully protection.
                  That would be a tall order but then again Julius Irving might pull it off. Yeah I adored Dr J lol.

Comment

Wilt!

A lot of people don't understand how much basketball is a contact sport...Wilt did catch a lot of elbows, so did Russell, another player I admired.

Comment

Nah its not the same...The ABA had a certain way about it. It was like the NBA was all high and mighty, the ABA was like a bunch of guys playing pick up in New York, the Rutgers league in Harlem, for the fun of it, and who could take on any NBA team. the guys were all great players but individualist is some ways, more creative.
                      Oh you mean the Rucker league and tournaments? I've heard of those. Weren't they big in the 70s? I remember the Don Cheadle HBO movie they made about The Goat called Rebound that talked about him becoming famous from the old Rucker games. There was also a more recent movie called Uncle Drew with a bunch of present and a few past NBA people and one from the WNBA in age makeup that mentioned Rucker where the team gets back together to win a tournament. Would have loved to see those old ABA games back then. The HBO documentary about the ABA was great.

Comment

Working...
                      X