No announcement yet.

Fastest white boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forza View Post
    Anyway I never thought kota was that fast, mostly just hard hitting.
    You need to look at some of his earlier fights. His right hand was blazingly fast, and it wasn't pitty-pat fast, he could punch with enormous power and accuracy behind it. His other punches were none too shabby in the speed department either. A lot of people tend to underestimate Kostya's speed due to his lack of flash and dazzle and apparent flat-footedness (course, he was far from flat-footed, but that's the impression he sometimes gave). Was he the fastest? No. But if I were a fighter, I'd personally prefer Kostya's speed over someone like Camacho's, who in my opinion had probably the fastest hands of any white fighter (yeah, yeah, Hispanic, whatever). Kostya could hit you fast and knock you out. That *****s pure speed in my book anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
      You need to look at some of his earlier fights. His right hand was blazingly fast, and it wasn't pitty-pat fast, he could punch with enormous power and accuracy behind it. His other punches were none too shabby in the speed department either. A lot of people tend to underestimate Kostya's speed due to his lack of flash and dazzle and apparent flat-footedness (course, he was far from flat-footed, but that's the impression he sometimes gave). Was he the fastest? No. But if I were a fighter, I'd personally prefer Kostya's speed over someone like Camacho's, who in my opinion had probably the fastest hands of any white fighter (yeah, yeah, Hispanic, whatever). Kostya could hit you fast and knock you out. That *****s pure speed in my book anyday.
      DANNY GREEN ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ... is it him ??????

Comment

Calzaghe P4P is the fastest.

Willie Pep at featherweight
        Dempsey at Heavyweight
        Morrison for Modern Heavyweights

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          Calzaghe P4P is the fastest.

Willie Pep at featherweight
          Dempsey at Heavyweight
          Morrison for Modern Heavyweights
          I only agree to Willie Pep..... he most certainly was.

Comment

lol @ all the fighters brought up that weren't really white. While were on that topic

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
            Maybe Willy Pep, have not seen him fight much though. Calzaghe was pretty fast same with Sergio Martinez.

In terms of velocity on their punches I would add Marciano maybe Ketchel,Wlads punches are traveling at a high speed.
            Serg is from Argentina

Comment

Calzaghe had great hand speed of course. People have mentioned Locche and Pep who had fast hands but even faster head/body movement.

Comment

I keep up with boxing in my lifetime from 1980. Still I'm going to have to say Willie Pep.

Comment

I'm such an idiot of course Joe Calzaghe!

Comment

canzoneri

pep

calzaghe

me

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                      DANNY GREEN ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ... is it him ??????
                      I was joking about Green above..... but seriously though I've never seen quicker hands on a white fighter than those of bantamweight Champion Jimmy Carruthers,... there is no fighters in heavier divisions than Jimmy,... he was quicker than Pep....... White-Lightning.

Comment

Working...
                      X