Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) Is Joe Fraizer Overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on where you are rating him. If its wehre I rate him, as the number 67th best HW of all time. Then no. If its where some clowns rate him, who think the no chinned, runner could stand toe to toe with a machine like VItali Klitschko...then yes he is vastly overrated.

If you have Frazier ahead of
    Vitali
    Wlad
    Bowe
    Holy
    Lewis
    Tyson
    Holmes

Then yes he is vastly overrated.

Comment

depends on his rating.i call him overated because he has 1 great win.and a bunch of solid wins.out of his fights with the other 2 great heavys of his day he went 1-5.thats far from greatness.there are alot of guys with 1 great win and a bunch of solid wins.

Comment

Guess what I think?

Easily the most overrated fighter of the last fifty years.A cherry picker,a leech, and a complete and utter fraud compared to the legitimate all time greats.

Frazier's entire claim to fame is based on a trilogy with a past it,immitator of a man who was once champion before being stripped of his prime.The same trilogy in which Frazier was beaten twice decisively,the last being in which a fat,bloated old joker sunk down to Frazier's level,fought his fight,and still beat him into submission.

You take a look of Frazier's resume outside of that trilogy and it's like comparing a piss puddle with a lake when compared to the resume and accomplishments of the true all time greats of this sport.

He shamelessly ducked virtually every single puncher of his generation,an era crowded with ranked puncher, to fight light punching fighters who he knew he could atleast have been competitive with.

He stepped into the ring,heavily favoured,just once against a puncher and was then dropped an amazing SIX times in just Two rounds.Glancing shots that had Frazier literally turning his back and running away in fear (see sig pic for more details).

Frazier sat back on his fat lazy arse while real fighters cleared out the division.He was just there to capitalize on their hard work in the end.

Unfortunately for a true warrior in Jerry Quarry,Frazier was able to leech off of his success and managed to deeat him twice,thus basking in all the glory that Quarry achieved by defeating men Mac Foster,Earnie Shavers and Ron Lyle - three men who Frazier was absolutely terrified of.

When a man's entire being is only relevent because of a far more successful man,far more decorated man than yourself,then you simply don't belong among the elite.

Comment

No. He's an all-time great heavyweight. No doubt about it.

Originally posted by The Stones View Post
          His chin is certainly overrated.
          Aside from the first Bonavena fight, he's been knocked down by one of the hardest punchers in history. How does that equate to a bad chin?

Ali was knocked down by Cooper. Does he have a bad chin?

Originally posted by Erik13 View Post
          If Frazier is overrated, so is Ali.

Frazier whooped his ass remember?
          When was this? I hope you're not talking about their first fight, because it was very close and the decision could've gone either way.

Comment

No one is rating Frazier as a top 5 ATG Heavyweight, but he does deserve to be within the top 10-15, so no he isn't overrated.

Comment

lol @ the guy who gave med red k but didnt even post in here

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                There are only a few on here that downtalk the Great Joe Frazier and they're the least reputable people on this board.
                A-frickin'-men

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                  a leech, and a complete and utter fraud
                  My question is why are YOU (a complete and utter fraud of a poster) leeching off Boxing Scene? Come to think of it, why are you leeching oxygen from people far more deserving to breath than yourself? :thinking9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by TheMagicMan View Post
                    . If its wehre I rate him, as the number 67th best HW of all time.
                    I'd love to see the 66 HWs you have above Frazier. I'm assuming todays top 50 plus some tall guys from the recent past?

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                      No one is rating Frazier as a top 5 ATG Heavyweight, but he does deserve to be within the top 10-15, so no he isn't overrated.
                      That's the point.

Comment

Working...
                      X