Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Foreman vs Frazier I end in a knockout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post
    nightowl....Please read the above,you idiot.
    I already read it and didn't feel the need to respond, as you seem to be in agreement with me:

You have probably been watching boxing longer than I could speak?

Maybe,maybe not.I'm 53 years old and have been watching boxing since I was 9 years old when I watched the Ali-Cooper 2nd fight on TV.I have been watching and closely following boxing for 44 years.How about you?

A TKO is a technical knock out.

A KO is a knock out.

It's that simple.....And your calling me an idiot?
    You agree with me that a TKO is a form of a knockout.

I respect how long you've been watching the sport and how much you've learned. I would share some info on myself, but the user mMuhammadm is continually stalking me and I wouldn't feel safe sharing it.

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl View Post
      I already read it and didn't feel the need to respond, as you seem to be in agreement with me:

You agree with me that a TKO is a form of a knockout.

I respect how long you've been watching the sport and how much you've learned. I would share some info on myself, but the user mMuhammadm is continually stalking me and I wouldn't feel safe sharing it.
      I don't buy that.I don't believe that's the reason why you will not say how long you have been watching boxing.

YOU CALLED ME OUT saying you have probably been watching boxing longer than I can speak.You also called me an idiot.

When I responded and told you how long I have been watching boxing(44 years) you knew I have been watching boxing alot longer than yourself,and now want to avoid posting how long you have been watching boxing.

BTW-You are the first person on this forum that I called an idiot.

Comment

I don't buy that.I don't believe that's the reason why you will not say how long you have been watching boxing.

YOU CALLED ME OUT saying you have probably been watching boxing longer than I can speak.You also called me an idiot.

When I responded and told you how long I have been watching boxing(44 years) you knew I have been watching boxing alot longer than yourself,and now want to avoid posting how long you have been watching boxing.

BTW-You are the first person on this forum that I called an idiot.
        I don't care what you believe. If I have a stalker on this forum, I'm not gonna say some personal information.

I will say this: it's quite possible that I've watched twice as much boxing as you have.

I called you an idiot because that's what you are. In the poll, you voted that Frazier was not knocked out by Foreman. Even people who don't follow boxing know the result. But a man who has been following the sport for 44 years and who likely watched it on TV doesn't know the result.

Like I said, though, I respect how long you've been watching it and hopefully what you've managed to learn, but you're still an idiot for not knowing the result of one of the most popular fights of all-time.

Comment

I don't care what you believe. If I have a stalker on this forum, I'm not gonna say some personal information.

I will say this: it's quite possible that I've watched twice as much boxing as you have.

I called you an idiot because that's what you are. In the poll, you voted that Frazier was not knocked out by Foreman. Even people who don't follow boxing know the result. But a man who has been following the sport for 44 years and who likely watched it on TV doesn't know the result.

Like I said, though, I respect how long you've been watching it and hopefully what you've managed to learn, but you're still an idiot for not knowing the result of one of the most popular fights of all-time.
          I would be willing to bet i have watched 10 times as much boxing as you have.I have film on fighters since the early 1900's and ALOT of it.I have film of everything I can get my hands on.I have many fights on many fighters since the early 19 hundreds,all the way up to today.

I would be willing to bet I have also read more about boxing than you have my friend.I have read everything I could get my hands on.For 44 years I have been a boxing freak who sleeps,eats,and breathes boxing!!

And you call me an idiot because I said Frazier lost by TKO(Technical knock out)but was not KO'd(Knocked out for the 10 count).Let me ask you this you moron.Was Frazier ever down for the count of 10? Yes or No.

Comment

I would be willing to bet i have watched 10 times as much boxing as you have.I have film on fighters since the early 1900's and ALOT of it.I have film of everything I can get my hands on.I have many fights on many fighters since the early 19 hundreds,all the way up to today.

I would be willing to bet I have also read more about boxing than you have my friend.I have read everything I could get my hands on.For 44 years I have been a boxing freak who sleeps,eats,and breathes boxing!!

And you call me an idiot because I said Frazier lost by TKO(Technical knock out)but was not KO'd(Knocked out for the 10 count).Let me ask you this you moron.Was Frazier ever down for the count of 10? Yes or No.
            Had the fight gone on for 30 more seconds, he would've likely been down for a count of 20.

Comment

Had the fight gone on for 30 more seconds, he would've likely been down for a count of 20.
              Pure speculation.Nothing but speculation.

If,if,if,if,if,if....If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

So let me speculate.Joe Frazier had the heart of a lion,and would have kept getting up again and again.

You could say that after the 2nd knock down of the fight that if the fight continued for 30 more seconds(Which it did) he would have been down for 30 seconds.You could have said that after the 4th knockdowm.Or the 3rd,or 5th knock down etc. etc. SPECULATION does not get you a KO my friend.Stick with the facts my friend,it was a TKO.

Now your speculating to try and say the fight was a KO,Lol

Comment

Technically yes but that's besides the point. In reality he really didn't because Joe Frazier could have continued. His corner stopped the fight.

Comment

read what referee Arthur Mercante said about the the state Frazier was in when he stopped the fight:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle7102062.ece

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    read what referee Arthur Mercante said about the the state Frazier was in when he stopped the fight:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle7102062.ece
                    Nice find.

Yes,Frazier was up and ready to go!

He wasn't on the canvas when the count was 10,which would be a KO.

Comment

So let me speculate.Joe Frazier had the heart of a lion,and would have kept getting up again and again.
                      Heart of a lion with a chin of glass, porcilyn, maybe even crystal. im sure he would have gotten up multiple more times even though he had been using his hands to guard his waist instead of his face since the first KD.

which dosnt even really make sense to me as it wasnt even that decent of a kd, like fraizer was off balance and foreman only pushed him over.........or maybe i just thought more highly of him then that and truth is he was allways a ****ty boxer with no guard that could only move his head and hope to keep going.

Comment

Working...
                      X