Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Foreman vs Frazier I end in a knockout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Foreman vs Frazier I end in a knockout?

Since the user mMuhammadm put me on ignore because I was embarrassing him in a debate, I've decided to make my final reply in this thread and also make way for a new discussion about something which he refuses to acknowledge: that Foreman vs Frazier I ended in a knockout.

So what do you think? Did Foreman knock out Frazier or was that troll right and history was lying to us the whole time?

Originally posted by MmuhammadM
    I'm not avoiding your point. I've already explained it to you about the poll:

The question of frazier's chin is related to the George Foreman fight. Most posters on this history section/NSB have probably seen it. Hence they draw their own conclusions.

Floyd Patterson was Ko'd; he couldn't beat the count. you can't really compare that with the frazier-foreman fight.

When did I say fighters are never supposed to be able to stand up?

A glass chinned fighter can only dream of getting up six times against George foreman.
    Nope, you're still avoiding it. Their conclusions are about Frazier's chin. Not what they perceive as a knockout.

Oh.. he didn't beat the count, so THAT's a knockout. I guess Marciano vs Louis, Ali vs Williams, Hearns vs Duran, Tyson vs Holmes, and Jones vs Tarver II should be erased from the history book of knockouts, right?

Do they also dream about getting knocked down six times in two rounds?
    Yes - Frazier was knocked out in two rounds
    66.67%
    No - I refuse to acknowledge that Frazier was knocked out
    33.33%

It was a technical knockout, a 'TKO'. This is how the record/stat books will show it.

Nothing more to add. The referee rightly saved Joe Frazier from further punishment, the man needed to be saved from himself because he kept getting up and could have suffered a permanent injury.

In the case of Marciano vs Louis, Hearns vs Duran or Tyson vs Holmes, these guys were dropped like a sack of spuds and didn't have a hope in hell of beating the count, these were genuine KOs despite the lack of a ten count, (hell they were all down much longer than 10 seconds from memory!).

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      It was a technical knockout, a 'TKO'. This is how the record/stat books will show it.

Nothing more to add. The referee rightly saved Joe Frazier from further punishment, the man needed to be saved from himself because he kept getting up and could have suffered a permanent injury.

In the case of Marciano vs Louis, Hearns vs Duran or Tyson vs Holmes, these guys were dropped like a sack of spuds and didn't have a hope in hell of beating the count, these were genuine KOs despite the lack of a ten count, (hell they were all down much longer than 10 seconds from memory!).

I agree....The referee stopped the fight,thus a TKO.

Frazier was not knocked out.He beat the count of 10 each time he was knocked down.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post
        I agree....The referee stopped the fight,thus a TKO.

Frazier was not knocked out.He beat the count of 10 each time he was knocked down.
        So Hearns vs Duran wasn't a knockout? It also ended on a TKO and the fight was stopped before a ten-count was reached.

Comment

You do know a KO is different from a TKO, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
            You do know a KO is different from a TKO, don't you?
            If a TKO isn't a knockout, then Tyson only has 16 knockouts in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl View Post
              So Hearns vs Duran wasn't a knockout? It also ended on a TKO and the fight was stopped before a ten-count was reached.
              It's a KO when a fighter can't beat the 10 count.

It's a TKO when the referee or the corner stops the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post
                It's a KO when a fighter can't beat the 10 count.

It's a TKO when the referee or the corner stops the fight.
                I know what the terms mean. I've probably been watching boxing longer than you could speak.

The point is, if you don't consider a TKO a knockout, you're an idiot. If you do consider it a knockout but not for this fight, you're a biased idiot.

Comment

W
                  Originally posted by nightowl View Post
                  I know what the terms mean. I've probably been watching boxing longer than you could speak.

The point is, if you don't consider a TKO a knockout, you're an idiot. If you do consider it a knockout but not for this fight, you're a biased idiot.

I been breathing longer than you could spell, double that maybe.

You are trying to prove that joe has no chin because he got tko'd by foreman? I guess chuvalo has a glass chin as well, since foreman and frazier both tko'd him, you idiot altt.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
                    W

I been breathing longer than you could spell, double that maybe.

You are trying to prove that joe has no chin because he got tko'd by foreman? I guess chuvalo has a glass chin as well, since foreman and frazier both tko'd him, you idiot altt.
                    I'm just asking whether or not Foreman vs Frazier I ended in a knockout.

It's a pretty easy question to answer. Everyone who knows anything about boxing knows the result. For some, however, it seems really hard to answer

Comment

Working...
                    X