Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Foreman vs Frazier I end in a knockout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    which is like saying Lennox Lewis was KOd twice but he never fought Bowe, Witherspoon, Sanders, Wlad, Ruiz, Foreman, Moorer or Byrd... who knows how many knockdowns and stoppage losses he would have suffered then?

or you could say the same for every heavyweight champion in boxing history... The bottom line is Frazier was never Knocked out where the referee had to count ten over him so it has to be accepted that his chin was granite because the sports hardest ever punching heavyweight champion could not put him to sleep for 10 seconds unlike a long list of other heavyweight champions.
    Frazier's chin was far from granite because fighters with a granite chin do not go down as much as Frazier did and he even managed to avoid the most of the punchers of his era.
    Are you serious about a possibility of Lewis going down or stopped against Ruiz , Moorer or Byrd ?
    And Witherspoon was old in the Lewis' time , he would have been criticized if he took this fight , especially when taking a fight usually comes at the expense of taking another fight. Wlad was still young and not very proven in Lewis' time , and Bowe threw his title just to stay away from Lewis , did he ?
    Sanders' stoppage of Wladimir Klitschko happened by the time Lewis retired , and I assume Lewis' retirement had more to do with ducking Vitali than it had to do with ducking Sanders who had no claim to a title shot at Lewis especially after getting stopped by Rahman. Does being stopped by Rahman yield a fighter a shot at the main champion ?
    So every single fighter you mentioned there is irrelevant for such a claim.
    You gave a succession of real bad examples.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
      I guess chuvalo has a glass chin as well, since foreman and frazier both tko'd him, you idiot altt.

That is a terrible and quite shameless comparison,in all honesty.

Chuvalo wasn't knocked down six times in two rounds like frazier was against either foreman or frazier.Actually,as I recall,Chuvalo wasn't knocked down once against either man and was still on his feet at the time of the bout was stopped.

Comment

A fighter who gets dropped 6 times in 1 fight has a glass chin.

The fact that he got up each time only speaks to his "Will To Win". Smokey Joe's chin couldn't take a punch from Foreman. He wouldn't be able to take a punch from Foster, Shavers or Lyle either.

Comment

Like a Las Vegas decision, I am suprised by the closeness of the scoring on the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            That is a terrible and quite shameless comparison,in all honesty.

Chuvalo wasn't knocked down six times in two rounds like frazier was against either foreman or frazier.Actually,as I recall,Chuvalo wasn't knocked down once against either man and was still on his feet at the time of the bout was stopped.
            Well it all goes down in the record book the same, right? Thats whats being argued here.

It doesnt matter if someone goes down x number of times when the 3 knockdown rule is waived, and it doesnt matter if someone gets punched into the corner into a semi fetal position, or turns his back after getting blasted in the face. Its a TKO.

Comment

Well it all goes down in the record book the same, right? Thats whats being argued here.

It doesnt matter if someone goes down x number of times when the 3 knockdown rule is waived, and it doesnt matter if someone gets punched into the corner into a semi fetal position, or turns his back after getting blasted in the face. Its a TKO.
              You're an idiot.

You're argument was:

I guess chuvalo has a glass chin as well, since foreman and frazier both tko'd him, you idiot altt.
              We have all agreed that both losses go down as TKO defeats but for you to claim George Chuvalo had a glass chin proves you are a stupid ****.

Chuvalo was never knocked down. The fight was stopped due to Chuvalo's inability to defend himself proper from Foreman's attack.

Frazier was humiliated and dropped several times. The Ref stopped the fight to prevent further punishment.

Your comparison was stupid.

Frazier had a glass chin.
              Last edited by Fighting Marine; 06-22-2010, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nightowl View Post
                I'm just asking whether or not Foreman vs Frazier I ended in a knockout.

It's a pretty easy question to answer. Everyone who knows anything about boxing knows the result. For some, however, it seems really hard to answer
                The fight did end in a knockout. But to be more precise. It was a "Technical" knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
                  You're an idiot.

You're argument was:

We have all agreed that both losses go down as TKO defeats but for you to claim George Chuvalo had a glass chin proves you are a stupid ****.

Chuvalo was never knocked down. The fight was stopped due to Chuvalo's inability to defend himself proper from Foreman's attack.

Frazier was humiliated and dropped several times. The Ref stopped the fight to prevent further punishment.

Your comparison was stupid.

Frazier had a glass chin.
                  A tko is a tko, whether you can't defend yourself "proper" or stand there in the corner getting hit. I was pointing out to a poster that a tko didn't mean glass chin you thick ****,

Comment

A tko is a tko, whether you can't defend yourself "proper" or stand there in the corner getting hit. I was pointing out to a poster that a tko didn't mean glass chin you thick ****,
                    You fail. Your comparison was stupid.

Frazier was dropped several times. Chuvalo never touched the canvas.

Admit it. Your comparison was ****.

Comment

I clicked yes for the first option as the 2nd option did not appeal to me as correct.

While Frazier was not "Knocked out" or as some people coin it, " Down for the 10 count", there is no doubt in my mind that if it had continued, Frazier would have been Ko'd and very seriously injured as the shots he was taking were vicious.

Frazier did not have the style to beat Foreman. He was not going to be able to bully a much larger, stronger fighter in George Foreman, so allowing him to continue would have been irresponsible of the referee and Fraziers corner.

Comment

Working...
                      X