No announcement yet.

Most famous boxer ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bolopunchez View Post
    There's no need for that kind of disrespect. I didn't show that towards you, so don't show it towards me.

Go to YouTube, for example, and see which one of them has more video views. You probably already know the answer.

Among my friends and family, they all know who Tyson is more than they know Ali. They even think Tyson would knock out Ali and they're not boxing fans.

Ali remains one of the most popular boxers of all-time, but Tyson exceeded him.
    If you took that is disrespectful you have my apology. But I would bet that I am right about you being very young. You think the world revolves around youtube and video's? Ali has sat with kings, queens, presidents and dictators. He's walked with royalty and peasants all around the world. He's known to people who've never even owned a tv. Ali simply transcends boxing.

And there is no way Tyson would beat Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      If you took that is disrespectful you have my apology.
      Forgiven.

But I would bet that I am right about you being very young. You think the world revolves around youtube and video's? Ali has sat with kings, queens, presidents and dictators. He's walked with royalty and peasants all around the world. He's known to people who've never even owned a tv. Ali simply transcends boxing.
      My age group has nothing to do with it, and neither do all the high ranking people Ali has sat with.

My mother and father were around during Ali's title reign, and to this day they know more about Tyson than Ali.

And there is no way Tyson would beat Ali.
      I'm not saying they're right, but that shows you how much hype there is into Tyson. He's that popular and that much of a mythical figure.
      Last edited by bolopunchez; 03-24-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Muhammad Ali>Thread/

Comment

Forgiven.

My age group has nothing to do with it, and neither do all the high ranking people Ali has sat with.

My mother and father were around during Ali's title reign, and to this day they know more about Tyson than Ali.

I'm not saying they're right, but that shows you how much hype there is into Tyson. He's that popular and that much of a mythical figure.
          I think it may be a demographic thing.

Tyson is more well known where I'm at in the north than Ali. Everybody knows Mike Tyson, and while many people know Ali there are people, my age or not, that do not know of him, but you bet your ass they know Mike Tyson.

Tyson has been in numerous songs in hip hop, will smith made a song about him, he's had many video games, and recently made the cover of FN4 along with Ali, and is referenced to in many many movies, more so than Muhammad Ali.

Comment

Forgiven.

We're going to have to agree to disagree my man. Tyson has incredible popularity. I just think you're underestimating Ali's overall popularity because you're not as familiar with him. Its all cool though. One of these days you may change your mind. I know I've changed my mind and opinions on many things related to boxing the more I learn each day. Peace.

Comment

Come'on, man. Be real.

If you went to some random people on the street and asked them to name a boxer, most of them would probably name Tyson. Even people who don't watch boxing know more about Tyson than Ali. He has more of a mystique about him.

Tyson is known for knocking out people in the first round and biting someone's ear off. What is Ali known for?
              Tyson might be the most famous fighter TODAY. I don't think so but let's not quibble about that. However the topic is the most famous boxer of ALL-TIME.

Do you really think that anyone outside of hard-core boxing fans will remember Tyson 80 years from now?

Comment

Originally posted by Stones In Exile View Post
                lol.....this is not even debatable.......Muhammad Ali is not only the most famous boxer but probably in the Top 3 most famous Athletes Ever.........also, Dempsey was huge in his day
                I co-sign this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                  I co-sign this!!!
                  I co-sign it as well

Comment

As a kid the names that would always come up would be Ali, Tyson and Sugar Ray Leonard

It has to be first Ali and then Mike Tyson

Ali would be behind Maradona and Michael Jordan as the most popular in all sports

Comment

ali was the athlete of the 20th century wasnt he?

people born in the last 20 years that dont know anything about boxing would still know tyson and about75% would know ali. But overall ali is more recognized. so many rap songs have his name in it. ali wasnt just known for his boxing skills but his gift of gab, the king of trash talking, he wasnt just a boxer he was a poet lol.

pele, ali and michael jordan are probably the most known sports personality's ever. they are the greats of their sport.

as for boxing it would go ali, tyson then foreman imo

Comment

Working...
                      X