Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Toney vs Prime Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewis would just work his jab and make Toney think it's a big mac...

He'd eat it everytime.

Comment

Prime Lennox vs Prime Heavyweight Toney :
      Lennox Lewis outbowes a small Toney and wins a wide UD.

Comment

****s picking Toney to win.

smh sickening.

Comment

If Lewis couldn't stop Tua, it's doubtful he'd stop Toney.

Maybe the Toney that fought Holyfield could hurt Lewis, but I doubt it.

I think Lewis keeps him on the end of his jab most of the night, with Toney having some success in the clinches. Lewis UD.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
            If Lewis couldn't stop Tua, it's doubtful he'd stop Toney.

Maybe the Toney that fought Holyfield could hurt Lewis, but I doubt it.

I think Lewis keeps him on the end of his jab most of the night, with Toney having some success in the clinches. Lewis UD.
            Lewis had a very weak jab, it was nothing more than a paw or distraction, a fighter of the calibre of James Toney would have little difficulty slipping the jab and would hurt Lewis similar to how he hurt Holyfield & Rahman... Toney would be the most skilled fighter Lewis had ever been in the ring with by a long way... Lewis always struggled with fighters under 6ft tall, Tua, Ocassio, Billups all took him the distance, even Tyson who was a completely shot fighter lasted to the 8th round as did tomato can Lionel Butler.. This would be a very easy fight for Toney and i see him winning via KO in 6-7rds

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              Lewis had a very weak jab, it was nothing more than a paw or distraction, a fighter of the calibre of James Toney would have little difficulty slipping the jab and would hurt Lewis similar to how he hurt Holyfield & Rahman... Toney would be the most skilled fighter Lewis had ever been in the ring with by a long way... Lewis always struggled with fighters under 6ft tall, Tua, Ocassio, Billups all took him the distance, even Tyson who was a completely shot fighter lasted to the 8th round as did tomato can Lionel Butler.. This would be a very easy fight for Toney and i see him winning via KO in 6-7rds
              With all due respect Sonny, Lewis MAY have lost 6 or 7 rounds out of the 38 he fought between the guys I bolded. I wouldn't call that struggling.

Comment

Toney hurt an ancient Holyfield, but he wouldn't have the power to trouble a prime Lewis..
                He may have some success in the early rounds, but he'd be overwhelmed in the second half of the fight and get stopped.. He doesn't have a ghost punch like McCall and Rahman or the physical attributes to wear Lewis down.. A crafty defensive style won't beat Lewis, so I can't see a way in which Toney could win..

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  With all due respect Sonny, Lewis MAY have lost 6 or 7 rounds out of the 38 he fought between the guys I bolded. I wouldn't call that struggling.
                  JAB.. dont forget that those guys was all way past their best days when they fought Lewis and still went the full distance.. this topic is similar to what i read when Toney was fighting the likes of Rahman, Ruiz & Sam Peter and the majority claiming that Toney would be KOd and overwhelmed yet it was the opposite that happened, James Toney has never ever looked like he would be KOd by any fighter in his 70+ fight career, the same cannot be said for Lennox Lewis and as i pointed out earlier Toney is on a different planet skillwise to everyone Lewis has ever fought... i see Toney winning this easily KO 6-7rds

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                    Toney hurt an ancient Holyfield, but he wouldn't have the power to trouble a prime Lewis..
                    He may have some success in the early rounds, but he'd be overwhelmed in the second half of the fight and get stopped.. He doesn't have a ghost punch like McCall and Rahman or the physical attributes to wear Lewis down.. A crafty defensive style won't beat Lewis, so I can't see a way in which Toney could win..
                    Mickey... explain your points in detail which you make:

Toney hurt an ancient Holyfield, but he wouldn't have the power to trouble a prime Lewis ?

he'd be overwhelmed in the second half of the fight and get stopped ?

A crafty defensive style won't beat Lewis, so I can't see a way in which Toney could win.?

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                      JAB.. dont forget that those guys was all way past their best days when they fought Lewis and still went the full distance.. this topic is similar to what i read when Toney was fighting the likes of Rahman, Ruiz & Sam Peter and the majority claiming that Toney would be KOd and overwhelmed yet it was the opposite that happened, James Toney has never ever looked like he would be KOd by any fighter in his 70+ fight career, the same cannot be said for Lennox Lewis and as i pointed out earlier Toney is on a different planet skillwise to everyone Lewis has ever fought... i see Toney winning this easily KO 6-7rds

Maybe so, but I firmly believe that besides the Tua fight where Lewis played it safe, that these other fights weren't Lewis having difficulties but fighting down to his competition and not giving it his all. And even with that he really didn't have any problems with these guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X