No announcement yet.

James Toney vs Prime Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
    You mentioned that Lewis was dominated by Bruno's jab and the point I made was that that had no bearing on how a Lewis Toney fight would play out.

None of the above fighters fight like Lewis or are the same size as Lewis, how would Toney cope with Lewis jab which would keep him on the outside like it did against Holyfield? None of the guys you mentioned try to keep Toney on the outside either, Ruiz is mr punch and grab and Guinn fought a inside fight against Toney.

Holyfield headbutted Rahman to death, like he tries to do in a lot of his fights, Evander also had the same shoulder problem in the Toney fight which is why he was getting caught with so many right hands. Interesting that you forgot to mention that.

Lewis doesnt fight like Holyfield, so this is a bad comparison, Holyfield has always been susceptable to body attacks as well.

Lewis wiped out Rahman in their rematch, which proves the point that he wasnt focused in their first fight.
    i was looking forward to a decent discusion on the sport and this topic in particular with you until you posted this comment..
    ""Lewis wiped out Rahman in their rematch, which proves the point that he wasnt focused in their first fight.""

So what you are saying is that every fighter in the history of boxing who loses a fight then defeats that opponent in a rematch "Was not focused" in the first fight... i cannot recall Muhammad Ali claiming he was not focused for Fight of the Century or Ray Robinson making that claim after he fought Carmen Basilio... Lewis liked to `make-up` those kind of lame excuses, like when he claimed McCall caught him with a "Lucky Punch"...so with you being easily sucked in by those kind of fairy stories i will call it a day on this topic as i cannot state my case with someone like you.

Comment

I like to think of Lewis in two ways. The pre-Steward Lewis walked in throwing the big right fighting his way to victory. Steward's role in his career is underrated. The steward trained Lewis came in behind the jab and rarely led with the right. This was a major development and change that seperated him from the rest. This Lewis style wise would have been a problem for Toney. Offering movement and making Toney come foward. If it worked for Peter(Peter the boxer lol), Lewis would have dominated Toney. However if Toney faced the pre-Steward Lewis, it might have been closer. But either way I favor Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by SirAuron View Post
        Toney by Brutal KO, Lewis was a typical British hype job, he ducked all the good fighters, Bowe, Tyson and Holyfield and instead fought other bums like Bruno and Morrison.

Toney only has to land once on lewis glass chin and it will be Hasim Rahman all over again!

Comment

Lennox wins this easily. JT at HW wasnt the man he once was, his size for one, the relative decline in speed etc. Lewis jabs all day. UD.

Comment

What a totally and utterly ridiculous thread, this has turned out to be..
            But it's also a classic example of why i'm rapidly losing interest in this site..
            Note - All the poeple who are in favour of Toney have shrivelled up and fizzled out already lol..

This was after opening their argument, WITHOUT ONCE realizing that James Toney has NEVER cracked it at heavyweight, in one of the weakest retirement pools of all time..

1. He has never knocked out a prime heavyweight
            2. He has struggled in ALL of his fights at heavyweight
            3. He's only had 10 out of 70 fights at heavyweight

There are clowns on here who still believe in Captain America and Santa Claus, and i'm just about sick of it..
            Toney looks like Oliver Hardy at 200+ and would be crushed by Lewis..

Anyone who disagree's... Please give me the name of a prime heavyweight who James Toney has dominated??.. With or without using steroids lol

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
              I like to think of Lewis in two ways. The pre-Steward Lewis walked in throwing the big right fighting his way to victory. Steward's role in his career is underrated. The steward trained Lewis came in behind the jab and rarely led with the right. This was a major development and change that seperated him from the rest. This Lewis style wise would have been a problem for Toney. Offering movement and making Toney come foward. If it worked for Peter(Peter the boxer lol), Lewis would have dominated Toney. However if Toney faced the pre-Steward Lewis, it might have been closer. But either way I favor Lewis.
              One of the few sensible posts.. GreenK given..

Comment

Lewis wins on points in a boring safety first match

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                  What a totally and utterly ridiculous thread, this has turned out to be.. But it's also a classic example of why i'm rapidly losing interest in this site.. Note - All the poeple who are in favour of Toney have shrivelled up and fizzled out already lol..
                  I can understand your sentiment. I go through similar phases every few months. After a while the trolls, nuthuggers, and all-around idiots get to be mentally exhausting. The thing is, this is still the boxing forum with by far the most activity day to day.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
                    Well if Stewart was so good for Lewis why did Stewart tell Lewis not to fight Chris Byrd because Byrd would make Lewis look bad and that Lewis would most likely lose a lop-sided decision to Byrd.... Why did Stewart tell Lewis to drop his belt rather than face John Ruiz saying Ruiz grappling hook style is all wrong for Lewis... Why did Stewart talk Lewis out of fighting a rematch with Vitali Klitschko... Manny Stewart is responsible for Lennox Lewis being stripped of all three world title belts, WBA for refusing to fight John Ruiz... IBF for refusing to fight Chris Byrd... WBC for refusing to fight Vitali Klitschko.... Stewart got Lewis to avoid all the No1 contenders because they was too dangerous and instead he had Lewis fight Tomato can Michael Grant who had been exposed by Golota as mediocre... Mike Tyson who had 12 weeks to shed 60lbs in weight and was heavily under sedation and also years past his best... Frans Botha a steroid freak who was not ranked in the world Top 50.... David Tua who weighed 255lbs and was the fattest man to ever fight for the title... Hasim Rahman a journeyman who poleaxed Lewis.

So much for your great Emanuel Stewart... the truth is that Lewis avoided the guys who was at the top of their game and chose to instead fight tomato cans and old has-beens

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                      i was looking forward to a decent discusion on the sport and this topic in particular with you until you posted this comment..
                      ""Lewis wiped out Rahman in their rematch, which proves the point that he wasnt focused in their first fight.""
                      I shouldnt of mentioned that, but Lewis did tend to fight to the level of his opposition, he underrated Rahman and got wiped out. If I remember correctly wasnt he busy making films instead of training as well

Comment

Working...
                      X