Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Toney vs Prime Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a joke question right?????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Maybe so, but I firmly believe that besides the Tua fight where Lewis played it safe, that these other fights weren't Lewis having difficulties but fighting down to his competition and not giving it his all. And even with that he really didn't have any problems with these guys.
      thats true enough JAB.. but can you name me anyone who Lewis fought in his career who had boxing skills anywhere like what James Toney has... i remember Holyfield being interviewed in the ring after Toney stopped him and Evander said, "i was hurt several times by his punches and i am pleased my corner stopped the fight as i could have gotten hurt"... yet so far all i have read on this topic is members claiming Lewis would just more or less `steamroll` James Toney... IMO Lewis would be in way over his head, size means nothing, its skills that count!

Comment

Lennox by lopsided UD.

Comment

people actually picking toney to win

i didnt realize the delusion from NSB had spread into the history section

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            Mickey... explain your points in detail which you make:

Toney hurt an ancient Holyfield, but he wouldn't have the power to trouble a prime Lewis ?

he'd be overwhelmed in the second half of the fight and get stopped ?

A crafty defensive style won't beat Lewis, so I can't see a way in which Toney could win.?
            These are just my opinions, but if we go by facts, the facts are that although a brilliant boxer, James Toney was never a brilliant heavyweight..
            With the exception of Holyfield, he's struggled in all of his fights at HW..

Sam Peter's one of the slowest fighters i've ever seen, and he dealt with Toney on two occasions.. Toney also struggled against Rahman, Oquendo, Batchelder and Guinn..
            Lewis proved in his second fight with Rahman, that when he was concentrating, he could flatten him at will..
            With the exception of old Holy (who was stopped on his feet) Toney's never scored a KO at HW, so how on earth does he KO Lewis mid-way?

Lewis won the title twice, defending it several times, where as Toney wasn't able to win it once, and that was in one of the weakest pools of all time..
            I agree that size is less important than skill, but when you compare these two, it's fairly elementary that Lewis's 6'5" frame and 84" reach is way too much for Toney..
            That's 7" in height and 12" in reach.. I'd give him a chance against Valuev, but no way is he getting past Lewis..
            Last edited by mickey malone; 03-19-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

common opponents like Rahman & Holyfield say Toney via KO
              lmao
              Lewis is to big and to strong, Toney,s best chance would be to win by decision. If Lewis started using the jab like he did in Holyfield I, then Toney would have serious problems.

Lewis by jabbing and clinching on the inside wins a ud

Comment

Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
                lmao
                Lewis is to big and to strong, Toney,s best chance would be to win by decision. If Lewis started using the jab like he did in Holyfield I, then Toney would have serious problems.

Lewis by jabbing and clinching on the inside wins a ud
                ridiculous comments that Lewis is too big & strong... was any of the other heavyweights James Toney fought too big & strong?... you say about Lewis jab which was nothing more than a paw or distraction, who did Lewis ever beat using his jab.. Bruno gave him a beat down with his jab..no fighter who Toney has ever fought including the heavyweights have been able to put him in trouble.. was Rahman able to use his jab to put Toney in trouble?... its back to the old "My brother is bigger than your brother" drivel.... Toney beat Rahman and Holyfield far easier than Lewis beat those two fighters

Comment

ridiculous comments that Lewis is too big & strong... was any of the other heavyweights James Toney fought too big & strong?... you say about Lewis jab which was nothing more than a paw or distraction, who did Lewis ever beat using his jab
                  Lewis literally shut out Holyfield I with his jab.

.. Bruno gave him a beat down with his jab.
                  Bruno is 6'3 and Toney is at best 5'10, I dont know there reach but I know Bruno reach is much longer than Toneys, so this example doesnt mean anything
                  .no fighter who Toney has ever fought including the heavyweights have been able to put him in trouble.. was Rahman able to use his jab to put Toney in
                  Toney has never fought a 6'5 heavyweight yet with the same each as lewis, Toney was also dominated by Sam Peter in there remtch if I remember correctly
                  trouble?... its back to the old "My brother is bigger than your brother" drivel.... Toney beat Rahman and Holyfield far easier than Lewis beat those two fighters
                  Toney beat Holyfield in 2003, Holyfield was clearly on the slide by that point he was 2-1-2 in his last 5 fights before facing Toney, he would lose again after Toney and get suspended. Toney also went to Evnader body which Lewis didnt do.

Toney drew with Rahman and got a nc in his second fight with him due to the headbutt so its hardly a win. Didnt Lewis wipe out Rahman in there rematch?
                  since moving to hw toney has only stopped 2 fighters in 11 fights, so there is no way he is going to stop lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                    Lewis literally shut out Holyfield I with his jab.

Bruno is 6'3 and Toney is at best 5'10, I dont know there reach but I know Bruno reach is much longer than Toneys, so this example doesnt mean anything

Toney has never fought a 6'5 heavyweight yet with the same each as lewis, Toney was also dominated by Sam Peter in there remtch if I remember correctly

Toney beat Holyfield in 2003, Holyfield was clearly on the slide by that point he was 2-1-2 in his last 5 fights before facing Toney, he would lose again after Toney and get suspended. Toney also went to Evnader body which Lewis didnt do.

Toney drew with Rahman and got a nc in his second fight with him due to the headbutt so its hardly a win. Didnt Lewis wipe out Rahman in there rematch?
                    since moving to hw toney has only stopped 2 fighters in 11 fights, so there is no way he is going to stop lewis.
                    Bruno is 6ft 3ins but your using your my brother is taller than your brother thesis once again... if hieght was the deciding factor then Nicolay Valuev would be champ for life.

Tonay aint fought a 6ft 5in fighter yet... but so what, he fought and beat Rahman, Guinn & Ruiz who are both 6ft 3in, he called repeatedly for a shot at the Klitschko brothers who are both taller than Lewis..

Holyfield who fought Toney was the same Holyfield who fought Lewis, Evander had just butchered Rahman and injured his shoulder vs Byrd... but of course like all Lewis fans you will try to claim Lewis fought a prime Holyfield.

Toney went to Holyfields body just like he would go to Lewis body, the reason Lewis never went to Holyfields body is because he ran all night from Holyfield.

Toney hammered Rahman in there 2nd fight and Rahman quit.. and what you fail to say was that Rahman poleaxed Lewis...

you could give me a good laugh and try to claim Lewis was not focused against Rahman

Comment

Bruno is 6ft 3ins but your using your my brother is taller than your brother thesis once again... if hieght was the deciding factor then Nicolay Valuev would be champ for life.
                      You mentioned that Lewis was dominated by Bruno's jab and the point I made was that that had no bearing on how a Lewis Toney fight would play out.
                      Tonay aint fought a 6ft 5in fighter yet... but so what, he fought and beat Rahman, Guinn & Ruiz who are both 6ft 3in, he called repeatedly for a shot at the Klitschko brothers who are both taller than Lewis..
                      None of the above fighters fight like Lewis or are the same size as Lewis, how would Toney cope with Lewis jab which would keep him on the outside like it did against Holyfield? None of the guys you mentioned try to keep Toney on the outside either, Ruiz is mr punch and grab and Guinn fought a inside fight against Toney.
                      Holyfield who fought Toney was the same Holyfield who fought Lewis, Evander had just butchered Rahman and injured his shoulder vs Byrd... but of course like all Lewis fans you will try to claim Lewis fought a prime Holyfield.
                      Holyfield headbutted Rahman to death, like he tries to do in a lot of his fights, Evander also had the same shoulder problem in the Toney fight which is why he was getting caught with so many right hands. Interesting that you forgot to mention that.
                      Toney went to Holyfields body just like he would go to Lewis body, the reason Lewis never went to Holyfields body is because he ran all night from Holyfield.
                      Lewis doesnt fight like Holyfield, so this is a bad comparison, Holyfield has always been susceptable to body attacks as well.
                      Toney hammered Rahman in there 2nd fight and Rahman quit.. and what you fail to say was that Rahman poleaxed Lewis...

you could give me a good laugh and try to claim Lewis was not focused against Rahman
                      Lewis wiped out Rahman in their rematch, which proves the point that he wasnt focused in their first fight.

Toney was also dominated by Peters in their rematch and a lot of people thought he got a gift with his draw against Rahman in their first fight.
                      Last edited by General Zod; 03-19-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X