Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Had A Good Chin In His Prime!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roys biggest test on his chin is when he put on 20 lbs and got in the ring with Ruiz who still outweighed him by 30lbs and landed flush right hands on his face in the first round... he stumbled back one step, and then fired right back.

I would say that was his biggest test of his career.

Doesn't mean it's granite, but it's certainly not weak.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I wouldn't say he punched a lot harder. The point is though, neither of them really knocked out anyone of any real note. Both were beaten everytime they stepped up.
      hall was beatin the **** outta that michawezki, until outta nowhere the fight was stopped, he was robbed
      after that beating from roy and that war with michal he was pretty much done for

Comment

Originally posted by .Paulie. View Post
        I hate when people say Jones's chin was always his weakness. But at his peak years, his chin was never a issue. He got hit by the likes of Hopkins, Toney, Ruiz and stayed up and was never hurt.

Here's a video that proves it.

His chin only declined when he cut so much weight to go back to 175lb, which affected his punch resistance and he was also 35 years of age.

In this video Jones, gets hit with some heavy leather and still stays up.

Paulie
        roy was speedy gonzales in his Prime

Comment

Depends on what you categorize as a good/bad chin, many will tell you that Terry Norris had a chin of pure glass but if you watch him fight you start to realize that if his chin was that poor than why did it take so long for him to get found out? its not like he never fought punchers and its not like he did not engage the opponent, most of the time he went toe to toe and ****** it out with the opponent.

I dont think Tito had a shaky chin either but many others will probably disagree. I feel Tito drained himself to make weight a lot but how many times was badly hurt to where he was on the point of been taking out? he always got up and proceeded to beat the **** outta the opponent.

Junior Jones is someone who had a pure glass chin because when he got hurt he almost never recovered, Amir Khan is prolly in the same category imo.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
            hall was beatin the **** outta that michawezki, until outta nowhere the fight was stopped, he was robbed
            after that beating from roy and that war with michal he was pretty much done for

You cannot change the facts. EVERY time he stepped up he got beat. Am I lying? Who were the top flight fighters he ko'd?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

You cannot change the facts. EVERY time he stepped up he got beat. Am I lying? Who were the top flight fighters he ko'd?
              Did yu read my post a few comments up?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Roys biggest test on his chin is when he put on 20 lbs and got in the ring with Ruiz who still outweighed him by 30lbs and landed flush right hands on his face in the first round... he stumbled back one step, and then fired right back.

I would say that was his biggest test of his career.

Doesn't mean it's granite, but it's certainly not weak.
                he stumbled cuz he got hit behind the ear(ala danny green)

anyway, the one he took in round 6(think it was) is a much better example, there used to be another "roy jones' chin" video on youtube that showed that pretty well in slow mo, right on the kisser

my verdict is- not glass that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
                  he stumbled cuz he got hit behind the ear(ala danny green)

anyway, the one he took in round 6(think it was) is a much better example, there used to be another "roy jones' chin" video on youtube that showed that pretty well in slow mo, right on the kisser

my verdict is- not glass that's for sure.
                  Hell, if anything a HW hitting u behind the ear should def make you go down.

Comment

Working...
                  X