No announcement yet.

Your All Time favourite Fighters to watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
    Yeh, I had to mention Christie on the 'Great Fighters with weak chins' thread recently.. I remember his fight with Kaylor well.. Kaylor burst the highly touted Christie's bubble.. They had another scrap on the street at the pre-fight press conference aswell, which Kaylor also got the better of..
    I thought Mark was gonna go all the way, but then he was shockingly KTFO by Buster Drayton, and was never quite the same afterwards.. He eventually faded onto the unlicensed circuit, and the last i heard, he'd returned to his original occupation as a hod carrier.. His losing effort to Tony Sibson will always stick in my mind, it was razor close..
    Yeah, I found the whole deal of taking alchohol away from Kaylor's fans pretty interesting. You could almost tell that Kaylor had it in the bag when he knocked down Christie in the first round but it was still an excellent fight. I'll have to try and find his fights with Drayton and Sibson, for domestic scraps Great Britian is one of the best locations in the world.

Comment

Joe Louis
      Vinny Pazienza
      Tommy Hearns
      Roberto Duran
      Marvin Hagler
      Floyd Pattereson
      Mickey Ward
      Julio Cesar Chavez
      Johnny Tapia
      Tommy Morrison

Comment

Nigel Benn
        Vinny Pazienza
        Tommy Morrison
        Jeff Fenech
        David Tua
        Tommy Hearns
        Tony Ayala
        Tony Lopez
        Mathew Hilton
        Jorge Paez
        Naseem Hamed
        Manny Pacquiao
        Dwight Quawi
        Bobby Czyz
        Ray Mancini
        Arturo Gatti
        Henry Cooper
        Jake LaMotta
        Kostya Tszyu
        Roy Jones
        Ray Leonard
        Earnie Shavers
        Johnny Tapia

All great to watch..
        i cant argue with any of those great fighters Mickey... they are all great to watch

Comment

Being brought up in East London during the 60's and 70's, it was kind of compulsory.. That left hook of his was something else, i can assure you..
          Had he been a stone heavier & less susceptable to cuts, he'd have been a main player at HW 4 sure..
          I also enjoy watching Joe Erskine, Brian London, John L Gardner, John H Stracey, Alan Minter, Both Finnegans, Dave Charnley, Roy Gumbs, Mark Kaylor, Tony Sibson, Dennis Andries, Dave boy Green, Boza Edwards, Maurice Hope, Terry Marsh, Charlie Magri, Duke McKenzie, Barry McGuigan, Lloyd Honeyghan (when he KO'd Johnny Bumphus on his stool lol)

Too many to mention, but i'll always show a keen eye for British Talent..
          All great fighters ... throw John Conteh & Paul`hoko`Hopkinson in there as well

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            Conteh was always a joy to watch, at his best he really eptiomised "Boxer-Puncher" for me.

Comment

Im gonna make my list as small as possible so i will prolly miss a few of my favs out.

Terry Norris
              Evander Holyfield
              Felix Trinidad
              Ray Mancini
              Joe Frazier
              Bobby Chacon
              Marco Barrera
              Julio Cesar Chavez

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                Im gonna make my list as small as possible so i will prolly miss a few of my favs out.

Terry Norris
                Evander Holyfield
                Felix Trinidad
                Ray Mancini
                Joe Frazier
                Bobby Chacon
                Marco Barrera
                Julio Cesar Chavez
                Terry Norris is a nice pick. I always enjoyed watching him.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Terry Norris is a nice pick. I always enjoyed watching him.
                  Yeah.

I also like watching Bert Cooper fights, he was involved in some really good fights imo.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                    Granted... Dave boy McCauley, Colin Jones, Kirk Laing, Herol Graham, Gary Mason, Jim McDonnell should'nt be missing either.. Keep em coming!

Comment

gatti... morales... chico... these guys i was able to watch when they were still active... their biggest fights i was able to watch live...

but on re-runs & dvds & youtube, i enjoy watching saad muhammad... chacon...

it would have been great to watch battling nelson & fritzie zivic live during their heyday...

Comment

Working...
                      X