Tito Trinidad
    Manny Pacquiao
    Mike Tyson
    Erik Morales
    Roberto Duran
    Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      You are in the house on a weekend, 6 friends & a fridge full of beer... which fighters do you select from your collection of DVDs to watch....my fav 5 are:

Jerry Quarry
      Bobby Chacon
      Arturo Gatti
      Frank`the animal`Fletcher
      Mike`bounty`Hunter
      Alexis Arguello
      Matthew Saad Muhammad
      Thomas Hearns
      Muhammad Ali
      James Toney

Comment

Nigel Benn
        Vinny Pazienza
        Tommy Morrison
        Jeff Fenech
        David Tua
        Tommy Hearns
        Tony Ayala
        Tony Lopez
        Mathew Hilton
        Jorge Paez
        Naseem Hamed
        Manny Pacquiao
        Dwight Quawi
        Bobby Czyz
        Ray Mancini
        Arturo Gatti
        Henry Cooper
        Jake LaMotta
        Kostya Tszyu
        Roy Jones
        Ray Leonard
        Earnie Shavers
        Johnny Tapia

All great to watch..
        Last edited by mickey malone; 01-12-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          You are in the house on a weekend, 6 friends & a fridge full of beer... which fighters do you select from your collection of DVDs to watch....my fav 5 are:

Jerry Quarry
          Bobby Chacon
          Arturo Gatti
          Frank`the animal`Fletcher
          Mike`bounty`Hunter

Comment

To me, a prime Mike Tyson is the most exciting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              Nigel Benn
              Vinny Pazienza
              Tommy Morrison
              Jeff Fenech
              David Tua
              Tommy Hearns
              Tony Ayala
              Tony Lopez
              Mathew Hilton
              Jorge Paez
              Naseem Hamed
              Manny Pacquiao
              Dwight Quawi
              Bobby Czyz
              Ray Mancini
              Arturo Gatti
              Henry Cooper
              Jake LaMotta
              Kostya Tszyu
              Roy Jones
              Ray Leonard
              Earnie Shavers
              Johnny Tapia

All great to watch..
              My favorites from your list are:

Jeff Fenech
              Tony Lopez
              Jorge Paez
              Ray Mancini
              Ray Leonard

I also find it real interesting that you include Henry Cooper on your list.

Comment

Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
                My favorites from your list are:

Jeff Fenech
                Tony Lopez
                Jorge Paez
                Ray Mancini
                Ray Leonard

I also find it real interesting that you include Henry Cooper on your list.
                Being brought up in East London during the 60's and 70's, it was kind of compulsory.. That left hook of his was something else, i can assure you..
                Had he been a stone heavier & less susceptable to cuts, he'd have been a main player at HW 4 sure..
                I also enjoy watching Joe Erskine, Brian London, John L Gardner, John H Stracey, Alan Minter, Both Finnegans, Dave Charnley, Roy Gumbs, Mark Kaylor, Tony Sibson, Dennis Andries, Dave boy Green, Boza Edwards, Maurice Hope, Terry Marsh, Charlie Magri, Duke McKenzie, Barry McGuigan, Lloyd Honeyghan (when he KO'd Johnny Bumphus on his stool lol)

Too many to mention, but i'll always show a keen eye for British Talent..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                  Being brought up in East London during the 60's and 70's, it was kind of compulsory.. That left hook of his was something else, i can assure you..
                  Had he been a stone heavier & less susceptable to cuts, he'd have been a main player at HW 4 sure..
                  I also enjoy watching Joe Erskine, Brian London, John L Gardner, John H Stracey, Alan Minter, Both Finnegans, Dave Charnley, Roy Gumbs, Mark Kaylor, Tony Sibson, Dennis Andries, Dave boy Green, Boza Edwards, Maurice Hope, Terry Marsh, Charlie Magri, Duke McKenzie, Barry McGuigan, Lloyd Honeyghan (when he KO'd Johnny Bumphus on his stool lol)

Too many to mention, but i'll always show a keen eye for British Talent..
                  I agree with you about him being a much bigger threat in the heavyweight divsion had he been bigger with tougher skin. The thing I like about watching Cooper is that his big left hook is so wild that you never know when he is going to drop the hammer on his opponent. Out of your list my favorite is probably Mark Kaylor, he was just a crowd pleaser and he had some great fights back in the 80's my favorite being his scrap with Errol Christie.

Comment

Holyfield, Morales, Duran, JMM, James Toney, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
                      I agree with you about him being a much bigger threat in the heavyweight divsion had he been bigger with tougher skin. The thing I like about watching Cooper is that his big left hook is so wild that you never know when he is going to drop the hammer on his opponent. Out of your list my favorite is probably Mark Kaylor, he was just a crowd pleaser and he had some great fights back in the 80's my favorite being his scrap with Errol Christie.
                      Yeh, I had to mention Christie on the 'Great Fighters with weak chins' thread recently.. I remember his fight with Kaylor well.. Kaylor burst the highly touted Christie's bubble.. They had another scrap on the street at the pre-fight press conference aswell, which Kaylor also got the better of..
                      I thought Mark was gonna go all the way, but then he was shockingly KTFO by Buster Drayton, and was never quite the same afterwards.. He eventually faded onto the unlicensed circuit, and the last i heard, he'd returned to his original occupation as a hod carrier.. His losing effort to Tony Sibson will always stick in my mind, it was razor close..

Comment

Working...
                      X