Comment

• Originally posted by dionysius View Post
      Pacquiao Morales 2 and Pacquiao Marquez 1

Marquez was ko for the 3rd time... he stood up very slowly
      Pac vs Terrible 1, couldnt find the rematch, ****in loved that fight tho

Comment

• Arce vs hussein 1, the way undercards used to be

Comment

• Over the coarse of the fight i felt the crowd and commentary reacted far too much to what was actually effective and not effective for Nashiro and that when he pushed Cazares he was put firmly in his place by the more accurate counter punches. There were a few rounds where he managed to negate that by overwhelming Cazares and even in those rounds he caught some good shots in return.

Nobuo Nashiro vs Hugo Fidel Cazares

Round 1 Nobuo Nashiro

Nobuo Nashiro more active over the round and landed the straight right consistently

Round 2 Hugo Fidel Cazares

Hugo Fidel Cazares came out more purposeful and landed the cleaner punches imo.

Round 3 Hugo Fidel Cazares

Hugo Fidel Cazares countered Nashiro with the cleaner punches and managed
          to hurt him early in the round by countering him, straight left by Cazares cant miss
          Nashiro.

Round 4 Hugo Fidel Cazares

Nashiro forcing the action but clearly getting countered with the clean punches

Round 5 Nobuo Nashiro (kind)

Gonna give Nobuo Nashiro the benefit of the doubt here as he prolly landed the
          two best clean punches of the round went to the body and generally started the
          round well,although Cazares did comeback a bit down the stretch.

Round 6 Hugo Fidel Cazares

Very closley contested round that could of gone either way. I went for Cazarez
          as i felt he carried his workrate on down the stretch and landed some more
          clean punches whilst Nashiro seemed to drop off slightly although he did nail
          Cazares with a punch right at the end.

Round 7 Hugo Fidel Cazares

Competitive round but Cazares clearly landed the cleaner more eye catching punches

Round 8 Hugo Fidel Cazares
          Spirited round by Nashiro in a round which was competitive albeit did an excellent
          job of counerting with his accurately, he seemed to dip Nashiro's legs with one shot
          that landed early in the round.

Round 9 Hugo Fidel Cazares

Nashiro actually had a very good round here and landed some solid shots on
          Cazares and active throughout the round but the problem is his defence let him
          down as he caught the more accurate hard counter from Cazares who also closed
          better by nailing him with an uppercut.

Round 10 Hugo Fidel Cazares

Target practice early in the round for Cazares and Nashiro got hit with cleaner punches
          more consistently prolly due to the fact he looks to be tiring, Nashiro came back down
          the stretch but Cazares did way too much landing on him to lose the round imo.

Round 11 Nobuo Nashiro

Probably Nashiro's best round as he hurt Cazares earls in the round then and landed
          his right hand over and over, Cazares was on the defensive for the most part.

Round 12 Nobuo Nashiro

Tremendous round where Nobuo Nashiro turned it into a complete war with his
          tenacity,he got into a brawl with Cazares and had him reeling a couple of times.

Cazares deserve to win the fight with his superior accuracy and counter
          punching skills imo. Nashiro fought tenaciously throughout but he clearly caught
          the cleaner shots, and its not like Cazares was not active himself to where you could
          say sure he landed the better shots but he was inactive, Cazares was active and clearly
          landed the better shots throughout the fight imo. Cazares put Nashiro in his place
          majority of the time when he tried to win the round, Cazares would come alive
          when Nashiro forced the pace and nail him with the clean punches.

I think Nashiro's right hand might of been the only thing keeping him in this fight
          from a technical stand point, well that and his heart and tenacity, that said he still lost clearly
          imo. Cazares showed some nice countering skills but his defence was very leaky at
          times to the right hands of Nashiro.

BTW round 9 was extremely close! so i dont blame anyone who scored it for Nashiro
          as he did have one of his better rounds.

Terrific little scrap though, it was war! in the last round.

Comment

• watson-benn and byrd-tua

Comment

• Man i need to watch that fight again. I was not sure about round 9 so i went back and watched it and it seems i maybe shoulda scored that round for Nashiro, round 10 was also one which could of swung Nashiro's way, however i still liked Cazares accuracy and felt that the commentary had ability to sway you if you did not ignore the hysteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                Man i need to watch that fight again. I was not sure about round 9 so i went back and watched it and it seems i maybe shoulda scored that round for Nashiro, round 10 was also one which could of swung Nashiro's way, however i still liked Cazares accuracy and felt that the commentary had ability to sway you if you did not ignore the hysteria.
                Watched a 1985 fight between Greg Haugen and Freddie Roach. Roach was a tough cookie who had more heart than skills. Haugen completely dominated Roach until the 7th round, when he caught Roach with an excellent left hook. Referee davey Pearl stopped the fight seconds later when Haugen dropped Roach a second time with an equally devastating left hook. Eddie Futch was in Haugen's corner.

Comment

• DLH vs Vargas

Comment

• De Marco vs Valero Showtime

Round 1 Valero

Valero landed the two best punches of the round imo,a series
                    of 1 2's that landed flush, he dictated the pace of the round to. The
                    second 1 2 Valero landed looked like it slightly! dipped De
                    Marco's leg.

Round 2 Valero 10/8

Round started with De Marco getting hit with some solid looking
                    straight left hands and Valero was winning the round then he
                    got caught with an elbow from De Marco and suffered a terrible
                    cut, WBA ruling states that a point must be taken from the
                    uncut fight so this was 10/8 Valero.

Round 3 Valero

Another Valero round where he landed straight lefts and
                    got a few more combos off in this round, De Marco is too
                    inactive and his defence is a bit leaky as the straight lefts cant
                    miss

Round 4 Valero

Another clear round for Valero as he was again more active
                    and landing his power shots, De Marco is too inactive.

Round 5 Valero
                    Another clear round for Valero, Valero is getting off first he is
                    more active and landing clean punches, De Marco is trying
                    to counter but is not doing an effective enough job of it, it has
                    him waiting too long.

Round 6 Valero
                    Better round for De Marco but he still got outpunched and nailed
                    with the cleaner harder shots

Round 7 Valero

Big round for Valero,he opened up here and landed some
                    very hard straight left and mixed up his punches in combos

Round 8 Valero

Better round for De Marco but still a Valero round because
                    he faded down the stretch and let Valero take over, Valero
                    was back to beating him up toward the end and landed the
                    left hands again.

Another clear round for Valero, more active, landing more punches and just
                    dominating. Fight stopped by De Marco's corner,prolly
                    because it was so one sided.

I expected Valero to win but i expected him to win because i saw De Marco more
                    of a fighter than a Boxer and i felt at some point he would get hit and not be able
                    to resist getting drawn into a fire fight, but he actually did a disciplined job of staying
                    composed when he did get hit,that said he was not effective with his game plan which
                    was to stay composed and counter the mistakes of Valero, Valero actually showed an
                    underrated defence and some Boxing skills as he attacked at odd angles when De
                    Marco covered up. I noticed that Valero actually does a good job of getting
                    his chin behind his shoulder when punches are being thrown at him.

De Marco could not avoid getting hit with the straight left hand as Valero painted him
                    with it over and over throughout the whole fight and as the fight wore on he let his
                    punches go more in combination and started to give De Marco a beating toward the
                    end. De Marco Boxers in a style which reminds me of an aggressive fighter trying! to
                    Box the opponent but he is not skilled enough to be able to fight that way and win,
                    thats why i think he dropped rounds on inactivity and did not land frequently enough
                    with counters, he is not a counter puncher but more of an aggressive Boxer puncher.

BTW Gus Johnson riding the balls of De Marco all night till he got the message
                    that the boy he was touting was getting himself a new ass hole ripped.
                    Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 02-07-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      De Marco vs Valero Showtime

Round 1 Valero

Valero landed the two best punches of the round imo,a series
                      of 1 2's that landed flush, he dictated the pace of the round to. The
                      second 1 2 Valero landed looked like it slightly! dipped De
                      Marco's leg.

Round 2 Valero 10/8

Round started with De Marco getting hit with some solid looking
                      straight left hands and Valero was winning the round then he
                      got caught with an elbow from De Marco and suffered a terrible
                      cut, WBA ruling states that a point must be taken from the
                      uncut fight so this was 10/8 Valero.

Round 3 Valero

Another Valero round where he landed straight lefts and
                      got a few more combos off in this round, De Marco is too
                      inactive and his defence is a bit leaky as the straight lefts cant
                      miss

Round 4 Valero

Another clear round for Valero as he was again more active
                      and landing his power shots, De Marco is too inactive.

Round 5 Valero
                      Another clear round for Valero, Valero is getting off first he is
                      more active and landing clean punches, De Marco is trying
                      to counter but is not doing an effective enough job of it, it has
                      him waiting too long.

Round 6 Valero
                      Better round for De Marco but he still got outpunched and nailed
                      with the cleaner harder shots

Round 7 Valero

Big round for Valero,he opened up here and landed some
                      very hard straight left and mixed up his punches in combos

Round 8 Valero

Better round for De Marco but still a Valero round because
                      he faded down the stretch and let Valero take over, Valero
                      was back to beating him up toward the end and landed the
                      left hands again.

Another clear round for Valero, more active, landing more punches and just
                      dominating. Fight stopped by De Marco's corner,prolly
                      because it was so one sided.

I expected Valero to win but i expected him to win because i saw De Marco more
                      of a fighter than a Boxer and i felt at some point he would get hit and not be able
                      to resist getting drawn into a fire fight, but he actually did a disciplined job of staying
                      composed when he did get hit,that said he was not effective with his game plan which
                      was to stay composed and counter the mistakes of Valero, Valero actually showed an
                      underrated defence and some Boxing skills as he attacked at odd angles when De
                      Marco covered up. I noticed that Valero actually does a good job of getting
                      his chin behind his shoulder when punches are being thrown at him.

De Marco could not avoid getting hit with the straight left hand as Valero painted him
                      with it over and over throughout the whole fight and as the fight wore on he let his
                      punches go more in combination and started to give De Marco a beating toward the
                      end. De Marco Boxers in a style which reminds me of an aggressive fighter trying! to
                      Box the opponent but he is not skilled enough to be able to fight that way and win,
                      thats why i think he dropped rounds on inactivity and did not land frequently enough
                      with counters, he is not a counter puncher but more of an aggressive Boxer puncher.

BTW Gus Johnson riding the balls of De Marco all night till he got the message
                      that the boy he was touting was getting himself a new ass hole ripped.
                      Johnson is one of the worst broadcasters in the history of boxing. Can someone clue him on the difference between a hook and a cross? Every power punch either fighter threw hi called it a hook. The always capable Bernstein in his analysis called a cross a straight left or right when it was one. Surprised Johnson didn't cry when DeMarco couldn't come out for the 10th round.

Comment

Working...
                      X