Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hardest Hitting Heavyweight (Pure Power)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slugfester View Post
    The poll is going dry but I am still hoping to accumulate 20 votes or so to induce a little more clustering to work with. Collar a stranger someone.

Come one, come all!

Can someone call Dr Z? Is it his shyness or just that Ivich has not said much yet? He could be ill. Or he may not be the boxing researcher or fan he leads on to be. He is supposed to have a strong opinion and come to the aid of his boys. There is one more thing I can try.

Ivich, will you please say something you feel certain is true? Choose well.

Come walk-in, come fanboy!
    Come troll, come Alt!

We need ten votes.

Come, card carrying shrunken head clubbers! Exercise your precious rights.

Come size mongers, Come boxing evolution hounds!
    I don't claim to be anything other than a boxing fan.Which boys would they be?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

I don't claim to be anything other than a boxing fan.Which boys would they be?
      No one was talking about you.​ You can't read straight or recognize a joke? Dummy, you were supposed to say som....oh,never mind.

Comment

No one was talking about you.​ You can't read straight or recognize a joke? Dummy, you were supposed to say som....oh,never mind.
        My name was mentioned,so I assumed I was involved? Or are there to Ivich's here?
        I read okay,no I didn't get the joke, probably my fault, I haven't taken umbrage ,whereas it appears you have? You sure you aren't also Machegiano or whatever he calls himself?
        You both seem have the same anger management issues.lol

Comment

Who was the hardest hitting HW ever? This does not mean their overall punching skills. We don't care how well they punch, their form or anything else. This thread has to do with how hard they could deliver one shot. You can only vote for one in the poll but you can expand your list in the comments.
          Shavers, Liston, Foreman, Wilder...
          Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Shavers, Liston, Foreman, Wilder...
            Pretty decent lineup.
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Julian Jackson pound for pound without doubt. Chilling power!

Defo shavers in the heavys. Wilder these days but aj hits hard too.
              billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by cfang View Post
                Julian Jackson pound for pound without doubt. Chilling power!

Defo shavers in the heavys. Wilder these days but aj hits hard too.
                Jack Dempsey broke the jaw in 2 places of 7ft ,300lbs sparring partner Big Ben Wray with one punch.

Joe Louis drove Braddock's teeth through his mouthpiece, into his lips with one right hand.

Louis knocked Uzcudun's gold teeth out and onto the canvas.

Willard knocked out 2 of Johnson's gold teeth, which Jack swallowed,rather than let the crowd see it.
                nathan sturley max baer billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

Pretty decent lineup.
                  Would certainly not like to get clipped by any of em!

Comment

Jack Dempsey broke the jaw in 2 places of 7ft ,300lbs sparring partner Big Ben Wray with one punch.

Joe Louis drove Braddock's teeth through his mouthpiece, into his lips with one right hand.

Louis knocked Uzcudun's gold teeth out and onto the canvas.

Willard knocked out 2 of Johnson's gold teeth, which Jack swallowed,rather than let the crowd see it.
                    Honestly from a professional perspective Dempsey and Louis impress because of the short, perfect technique and lack of telegraph. Louis had to learn a bit more on that account after the first Schmelling fight.

Let us take a Jerry Cooney left hook, which may well have similar, or even more impact than a Dempsey hook... But Cooney shot so wide, totally repositioned... Just not the same dynamics that catch someone cold.
                    Ivich Ivich Slugfester Slugfester like this.

Comment

My name was mentioned,so I assumed I was involved? Or are there to Ivich's here?
                      I read okay,no I didn't get the joke, probably my fault, I haven't taken umbrage ,whereas it appears you have? You sure you aren't also Machegiano or whatever he calls himself?
                      You both seem have the same anger management issues.lol
                      Stop whining. Let me help you, since you obviously have not understood. In order to draw Z from his cave I suggested you say something you know is true (preferably about boxing) to make him come. You didn't get it, not your fault; I forgot to remember you are the most humorless fellow on Boxing Scene I know of, and that of course you wouldn't get it. I even had a flash right afterwards that you would not get it. But I let it go. Silly mistake, but nonetheless a mistake. So I accept your chastisement for not making it simple enough for you to get.

As for Marchegiano, I am too schizoid to know if I am him. Maybe he knows, if you ask him nice.
                      Last edited by Slugfester; 03-30-2024, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X