Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was Archie Moore’s biggest opponent in size ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was Archie Moore’s biggest opponent in size ?

Since archie moore fought as a undersized heavyweight I would like to know who was his biggest opponent?

Abel Cestac was a bit taller than Mike DiBiase but weighed a few pounds lighter, so between them for "biggest"

230 at 6'0"

225 at 6'4"

you pick.

Also I'd like to point out HW has never had an upper limit. All these guys people bring up to say but they fought smaller HWs is never brought up in the context of men much heavier than 220lbs suck at boxing. Did then, do now, always have, always will. All anyone has in that debate is records like as if that isn't self-fulfilling.
    Last edited by Marchegiano; 03-20-2024, 07:24 AM.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron...n%2032%20falls.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Abel Cestac was a bit taller than Mike DiBiase but weighed a few pounds lighter, so between them for "biggest"

230 at 6'0"

225 at 6'4"

you pick.

Also I'd like to point out HW has never had an upper limit. All these guys people bring up to say but they fought smaller HWs is never brought up in the context of men much heavier than 220lbs suck at boxing. Did then, do now, always have, always will. All anyone has in that debate is records like as if that isn't self-fulfilling.
        Any relation to the wrestler "Iron" Mike DiBiase? Father of future hall of famer Ted DiBiase?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Any relation to the wrestler "Iron" Mike DiBiase? Father of future hall of famer Ted DiBiase?
          One and the same according to the wiki on his boxrec.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieWild114 View Post
            Since archie moore fought as a undersized heavyweight I would like to know who was his biggest opponent?
            - - You can go find Rocky record on boxrec as anyone can...

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

One and the same according to the wiki on his boxrec.
              As Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket would say "Well, no s***" . Dude was a legend who was so committed to not breaking character (kayfabe) that his made his own son feel bad when fans would boo him until Ted got older and was "smartened up" as they say, about the business, later getting into it himself. Ted was already a star in Mid South and Georgia Championship Wrestling/Jim Crockett Promotions before going to WWF and becoming the Million Dollar Man.

Comment

My first thought was Nino valdez

Comment

It is him ,Moore fought a couple of wrestlers.

Comment

As Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket would say "Well, no s***" . Dude was a legend who was so committed to not breaking character (kayfabe) that his made his own son feel bad when fans would boo him until Ted got older and was "smartened up" as they say, about the business, later getting into it himself. Ted was already a star in Mid South and Georgia Championship Wrestling/Jim Crockett Promotions before going to WWF and becoming the Million Dollar Man.
                    I would never have known if it weren't for you. You boxing knowledge is great, but your wrestling knowledge is unsurpassed around these parts !
                    Anthony342 Anthony342 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X