Let’s get this straight about the Ali-Marciano comp fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s get this straight about the Ali-Marciano comp fight

It was a weird event

Ali lets Rocky call him clay without reacting or complaining. He says only good things about Marciano while marciano openly talks bad about Ali.

then Ali complains of Marcianos power, soreness of arms and body. And goes on to say the man who beat him (frazier) is not on the same level as Marciano. Stating he is a much better fighter than Frazier.

then he says the hardest fight for him would be Marciano, and thats because he is the toughest man.

liston said the same thing: Marciano is the greatest champion because he refused to quit.

then we have this article:

https://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/n...ory?id=3529752

to sum it up, Liston and his team did not want anything to do with Rocky after seeing the guy get so heated and willing to fight Liston, a man who normally scared everyone. Liston sounded like Ali after the fact, just in constant praise of Marciano.

Furthermore, just watch the interviews when they have walcott, Louis, charles as soon as Rocky gets brought up everyone goes silent.

watch interviews of Marciano, they just bootlick him to no end.

when I watch Marciano I see the meanest sociopath in boxing, a man whos mentality allowed him to train harder than anyone and fight harder. He actually hurt his oponents, he didn’t just stop them.

Yup. Angelo Dundee held Marciano in a very high place.
    Where there's smoke, there's fire.
    them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

Despite what was said. Ali looks like he could have taken out Rocky at will. Not just in terms of Rocky Rocky being old but just in terms of styles.
      Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        It was a weird event

Ali lets Rocky call him clay without reacting or complaining. He says only good things about Marciano while marciano openly talks bad about Ali.

then Ali complains of Marcianos power, soreness of arms and body. And goes on to say the man who beat him (frazier) is not on the same level as Marciano. Stating he is a much better fighter than Frazier.

then he says the hardest fight for him would be Marciano, and thats because he is the toughest man.

liston said the same thing: Marciano is the greatest champion because he refused to quit.

then we have this article:

https://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/n...ory?id=3529752

to sum it up, Liston and his team did not want anything to do with Rocky after seeing the guy get so heated and willing to fight Liston, a man who normally scared everyone. Liston sounded like Ali after the fact, just in constant praise of Marciano.

Furthermore, just watch the interviews when they have walcott, Louis, charles as soon as Rocky gets brought up everyone goes silent.

watch interviews of Marciano, they just bootlick him to no end.

when I watch Marciano I see the meanest sociopath in boxing, a man whos mentality allowed him to train harder than anyone and fight harder. He actually hurt his oponents, he didnât just stop them.

Here is what Rocky Marciano said of Sonny Liston after Liston knocked out Mike DeJohn in 1959

"His left jab is the best of any fighter i've seen since Louis. This fellow gets real force into his jabs like Joe used to do. He's great, just great. The left jab set up DeJohn. Then Liston cut him down with a body attack. To me, he appeared a more effective body puncher than Charles. I would have to say Ez is a better boxer. I thought Liston looped his punches more than he should. He should shorten 'em up more. He can move faster than Jersey Joe. I don't know [if he can take a punch]. He really didn't have to fighting DeJohn. A couple of uppercuts shook him, his legs wobbled but he came right back again."​

When are we going to see all these quotes from Sonny praising Marciano?
        Last edited by Ivich; 03-18-2024, 07:52 AM.

Comment

It when I watch Marciano I see the meanest sociopath in boxing, a man whos mentality allowed him to train harder than anyone and fight harder. He actually hurt his oponents, he didnât just stop them.

You ever click around on the records of those beaten to see how long of a career they had after facing Marciano? It is telling. imo
          them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
            Here is what Rocky Marciano said of Sonny Liston after Liston knocked out Mike DeJohn in 1959

"His left jab is the best of any fighter i've seen since Louis. This fellow gets real force into his jabs like Joe used to do. He's great, just great. The left jab set up DeJohn. Then Liston cut him down with a body attack. To me, he appeared a more effective body puncher than Charles. I would have to say Ez is a better boxer. I thought Liston looped his punches more than he should. He should shorten 'em up more. He can move faster than Jersey Joe. I don't know [if he can take a punch]. He really didn't have to fighting DeJohn. A couple of uppercuts shook him, his legs wobbled but he came right back again."​

Did you read the link?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Watch the second charles fight, the right hand marciano lands near the end that sets up the stoppage is just brutal. A perfectly timed right hand shift you see the delayed response and charles legs are completely gone and never come back. At the end of the fight he can’t stand up. Charles got permanently injured from that one right hand. Ive noticed the delayed response knockouts are always the worst. His knockout of rex layne was just brutal
              Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Watch the second charles fight, the right hand marciano lands near the end that sets up the stoppage is just brutal. A perfectly timed right hand shift you see the delayed response and charles legs are completely gone and never come back. At the end of the fight he canât stand up. Charles got permanently injured from that one right hand. Ive noticed the delayed response knockouts are always the worst. His knockout of rex layne was just brutal
                Rocky was an attrition puncher, his body attack softened Layne up to the point he was ready to go.
                Still no quotes from Liston?

Comment

Did you read the link?
                  Yes Duva hero worshipped Rocky,there is nothing there that says Liston was afraid of Marciano.
                  A short, slow guy with a tiny reach and a porous defence,with suspect skin tissue, is just who Liston would pick as a showcase for his strengths.

At range he jabs his face into raw hamburger,in close he ragdolls him and uppercuts the life out of him.

A past prime Sonny wanted Frazier,why would he, in his prime be afraid of an old fat Rocky?

Comment

Ivich this ***** thinks I am the cantankerous one.

You got the ability to write anything without coming off like a pompous *******? Apples a really nice dude so he's not gonna say ****. Me, not so much. If you didn't know this, you are being a dick for no good reason. Right now, to a lovely poster.

Not giving much information here, but, bet if I call you names you do. Bet, even after telling you my motivation, bet, I can call you names to manipulate you into sharing more information than you would have had I been nice or just let apples deal with your goofy ass.
                    Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X