Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fact that Ali was complaining about how hard Rocky was hitting…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Yes and rocky Marciano had a very high birth weight. Foreman was 13 lbs, Ali was 12. Duran was 10 and correct Marciano was a bit over 13 lbs. scott camerons book
    Here's an article, that says Carnera weighed 22 pounds at birth! Everybody can come up with all kinds of unverifiable nonsense... doesn't mean we should lap it all up, without a critical mind.

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/...se-of-carnera/
    Last edited by Bundana; 03-23-2024, 08:33 AM.
    Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post

Here's an article, that says Carnera weighed 22 pounds at birth! Everybody can come up with all kinds of unverifiable nonsense... doesn't mean we should lap it all up, without a critical mind.

https://slamwrestling.net/index.php/...se-of-carnera/
      13.5 lbs is highly probable. I have a friend who was 10 lbs.

you are exaggerating about Marcianos birthrate being too high. And honestly I bet Carnera was a freakishly heavy baby. Hes the only one who probably had a higher birthweight than rocky and foreman. Carnera was a physical freak. His bone structure and natural muscle placement / size cant be built in a gym. Even though Tyson Fury is taller than Carnera, Carnera is probably 2 weight classes bigger. I wouldn't doubt if Carneras wrists are double the circumference of Furys.
      Last edited by them_apples; 03-23-2024, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Does Cameron give a source for his figure?
        Foreman ,Ali, and Duran were born considerably later than Marciano,[DOB 1923,] when birth weights had risen.
        That wouldn’tatter. There would always be heavy babies, even in 1300. Maybe not as many.

even in that sense we don’t know, diets and lifestyles have changed millions of times - there could have been periods where birth weight increased. I wouldn’t doubt babies from the 70s were on average heavier than 1903 babies, but its likely just fat from all the box calories and cheap food.

the standard of living it really only crawls forward. Like for example, the same people hungry without food in the 1920s may not have been hungry in 1977 - but the food they got in 77’ was cheap garbage with very little nutrients.

I think mothers just eat more of that **** boxed food so the babies come out fat. I was a fat baby. I was 9 lbs, but I am not a big person. Marciano, Foreman etc these guys weren't fat babies they were big babies. Alis mother said the first thing she noticed about Ali was that he had big leg muscles. With Foreman the first thing his mother said apparently was , “wow, he big”

birth rate will go up, birth size is based on. Genetics. And genetics are a combination of breeding and lifestyle choices.

I believe the russian wrestler Alexandr Karelin was also a 13-14 lb baby.
        Last edited by them_apples; 03-23-2024, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't doubt if Carneras wrists are double the circumference of Furys.[/B]
          Do you not even know, that saying silly things like this hurts your credibility?

Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Russian HW wrestler Aleksandr Medved (free style) with three Olympic Gold, refused to answer a western reporter when asked his birth weight.

A translator explained "he doesn't like to say, it embarrasses him," eveyone would react with shock and awe.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

No mention of sparing. That's interesting. I wonder if he slowed that down as the years passed. I personally think sparing does much damage and should be avoided. I think 'gym wars' should actually be made illegal. Literally.
              - - Gym wars are ridiculous. Smart sparring requires two agreed upon partners, one training for a specific size and style with the other replicating size and style. Punches have to be real, but not power shots.

Also, running should be optional and never on the streets. Lotsa cancelled fights from running injuries where fighters may not be natural runners.
              Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post

Do you not even know, that saying silly things like this hurts your credibility?
                It hurts my credibility with you! But not everyone.

I know at this point you position yourself to counter the perceived bias I have.

the main point I am trying to make is Carnera was a considerably bigger man than Fury. Fury was born premature. Thats why he’s knock kneed and has low natural muscle mass. He’s not very strong for his size and never will be. In his own words he says “I am a miracle”. Carnera on the other hand was likely born w some form of giantism.

when you are 270 lbs with 5 percent body fat and never lifted a weight in your life and had a fighters diet, a 20+ lb birth weight sounds just about right. Carnera was enormous.

Comment

It hurts my credibility with you! But not everyone.

I know at this point you position yourself to counter the perceived bias I have.

the main point I am trying to make is Carnera was a considerably bigger man than Fury. Fury was born premature. Thats why hes knock kneed and has low natural muscle mass. Hes not very strong for his size and never will be. In his own words he says I am a miracle. Carnera on the other hand was likely born w some form of giantism.

when you are 270 lbs with 5 percent body fat and never lifted a weight in your life and had a fighters diet, a 20+ lb birth weight sounds just about right. Carnera was enormous.
                  So this is your response to a post, where I comment on you saying: I wouldn't doubt if Carneras wrists are double the circumference of Furys.

What do you base this on - other than Fury being a knock kneed modern weakling? Have you seen any measurements, that back this up?

"Perceived bias"`? But isn't your sole purpose for being here, to denigrate modern boxers - who, in your opinion, are weak-chinned sissies, so utterly useless, that we can't even compare them to the old masters? Isn't this exactly, what you have been preaching here for years? Nothing "perceived" about it at all!
                  Last edited by Bundana; 03-23-2024, 05:45 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bundana;n32209055]

Jeff Dabe has the world's largest wrists.
                    Bundana Bundana likes this.

Comment

[QUOTE=them_apples;n32208788]

[B]That wouldnâtatter. There would always be heavy babies, even in 1300. Maybe not as many.

even in that sense we dont know, diets and lifestyles have changed millions of times - there could have been periods where birth weight increased. I wouldnt doubt babies from the 70s were on average heavier than 1903 babies, but its likely just fat from all the box calories and cheap food.

the standard of living it really only crawls forward. Like for example, the same people hungry without food in the 1920s may not have been hungry in 1977 - but the food they got in 77 was cheap garbage with very little nutrients.

I think mothers just eat more of that **** boxed food so the babies come out fat. I was a fat baby. I was 9 lbs, but I am not a big person. Marciano, Foreman etc these guys weren't fat babies they were big babies. Alis mother said the first thing she noticed about Ali was that he had big leg muscles. With Foreman the first thing his mother said apparently was , wow, he big

birth rate will go up, birth size is based on. Genetics. And genetics are a combination of breeding and lifestyle choices.

LET US NOW,FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT SAY THAT MARCIANO WAS 14LBS AT BIRTH

EXACTLY WHAT RELEVANCE HAS THAT TO DO WITH HIS BOXING CAREER?

Comment

Working...
                      X