Collapse
No announcement yet.

P4P by Decade - Start and End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, Joshua's top 5 in 2019 right after being humiliated by Andy Ruiz?

How does that make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Sorry I don't get it. Camacho from 1980-1989 was 35-0-0 and held multiple titles and cleaned out both the Jr. Lightweight and Lightwright division.

P4P doesn't denote a fighter's ability to move up in weigh, that's called something else, right?

So how can the likes of Vito Antuofermo be on the list but not Macho? ​
      The list isnt who was the top P4P in the 1980s (the decade as a whole), the list is who he would have as his top P4P at the start of the 1980s. In essence what would be his P4P list on Jan 1 1980. At that time Hector Camacho had not fought a single pro fight, so he wouldn't be anywhere near a P4P list.

Once again, not a P4P list of the 1980s as a whole, rather a snapshot of what would be his P4P list at the specific point of Jan 1 1980.
      soul_survivor soul_survivor likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post

The list isnt who was the top P4P in the 1980s (the decade as a whole), the list is who he would have as his top P4P at the start of the 1980s. In essence what would be his P4P list on Jan 1 1980. At that time Hector Camacho had not fought a single pro fight, so he wouldn't be anywhere near a P4P list.

Once again, not a P4P list of the 1980s as a whole, rather a snapshot of what would be his P4P list at the specific point of Jan 1 1980.
        Thank you clearing that up for me

So on January 1st 1990 Hector is 35-0 and doesn't lose his first fight ever until 1991. But still no respect. I wonder why.

Comment

Where are you getting the P4P rankings from, for the start and end of each decade? Or are they your own personal rankings?

Because for the start of the 2010’s Floyd Mayweather Jr is too low at #5.

At worst he should be #2 in my opinion.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-05-2024, 06:21 AM.
          MoonCheese Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Where are you getting the P4P rankings from, for the start and end of each decade? Or are they your own personal rankings?

Because for the start of the 2010’s Floyd Mayweather Jr is too low at #5.

At worst he should be #2 in my opinion.
            These his personal ... That or I misunderstood the opening post.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Sorry I don't get it. Camacho from 1980-1989 was 35-0-0 and held multiple titles and cleaned out both the Jr. Lightweight and Lightwright division.

P4P doesn't denote a fighter's ability to move up in weigh, that's called something else, right?

So how can the likes of Vito Antuofermo be on the list but not Macho? ​
              lol...so each decade consists of two lists, one at THE START of the decade and then one at the end of that decade. Macho has just debuted in 1980 so he can't be p4p then.
              I don't think he is p4p 31st December 1989/1st Jan 1990 either. It's really not complicated bro llol

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

These his personal ... That or I misunderstood the opening post.
                Yep my personal list. On the topic of Mayweather He dropped down because the quality of opposition wasn't quite what it should have been opposed to those other fighters above him. But theres very little in it.

Pacman is just numero uno by a mile. Happy for Mya to be 2nd on other lists.

Comment

Working...
                X