Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Johnson and Jack Dempsey. Mixed legacies, dubious wins/ draws and lot of ducks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
    The supposed Dempsey and Johnson fight was alleged to have happened on Saturday the 3rd 1921.
    Dempsey was on a stage in Seattle in a vaudeville act on Saturday December the 3rd

The gold strike was in April1923. Hence no gold in Saskatoon in1921.
    It isn't rocket science!
    Ah but this article says the fight took place on the 10th. Not the 3rd. Read it. And be sure to note on the bet offered to Jack : )

https://roberto00.wordpress.com/2020...eydec-10-1921/

By the way there was gold. You are wrong again.

https://www.moosejawtoday.com/opinio...ration-2411750
    Last edited by Dr. Z; 12-03-2023, 09:07 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dr. Z;n32091483]

Ah but this article says the fight took place on the 10th. Not the 3rd. Read it. And be sure to note on the bet offered to Jack : )

https://www.moosejawtoday.com/opinio...ration-2411750[/QUOTE

FFS get someone to read and explain it to you! The FIRST time this article appeared was on4th of December 1921 .
      I've already posted this!
      Do you actually read any of the replies? Or are you just solely interested in spreading this agenda driven misinformation?
      The story originated as the result of an article by Ray Pearson writing in the Chicago Tribune on December the 4th 1921. Pearson claimed that on Saturday 3rd of December ,in Saskatoon ,Saskatchewan Canada.Dempsey fought Johnson.

It's been verified that neither man was in Canada that day ,that week , that month,or that year!

Many Vloggers have since jumped on this myth and run with it.
      Retro Boxing an astonishingly ignorant vlogger who claims the fight was kept secret because many of Johnson's fights ended in demonstrations and hangings, [apart from the Jeffries fight name ONE!]

He also says the article was in the Brooklyn Daily Eagle on the 12 th of December 1921 .Which leads him to believe it happened the previous night.
      THAT IS 8 DAYS AFTER IT FIRST APPEARED IN THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE!
      The story originated as the result of an article by Ray Pearson writing in the Chicago Tribune December the 4th 1921. Pearson claimed that on Saturday 3rd of December ,in Saskatoon ,Saskatchewan Canada .Johnson and Dempsey fought.
      At the very end of the article Pearson comes clean and admits he made it all up .The Editor of the Saskatoon Star stated in print there was no such fight in Saskatoon.

I repeat there was no gold strike in Saskatchewan in1921when this mythical fight was supposed to have happened.Nor does that link you posted suggest in anyway that there was!

FFS. BUY THE ****ING POLLACK BOOK AND STOP MAKING A COMPLETE ASS OF YOURSELF!
      Last edited by Ivich; 12-03-2023, 10:02 AM.
      billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - None ever claimed the largest gold strike in the history of the world like Saskatoon did. No place better than Saskatoon to stage an illegal private men's club fight.

Half wits *****s nanowits every day and twice on Sundays......
        Sure... So far your proof of that is jumbled history... It would be like me saying lets go to Goldfinger nevada because of the Silver, never mind WHEN that occured. Just stop
        Last edited by billeau2; 12-03-2023, 06:24 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ivich;n32091975]
          Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

FFS get someone to read and explain it to you! The FIRST time this article appeared was on4th of December 1921 .
          Do you actually read any of the replies? Or are you just solely interested in spreading this agenda driven misinformation?
          The story originated as the result of an article by Ray Pearson writing in the Chicago Tribune on December the 4th 1921. Pearson claimed that on Saturday 3rd of December ,in Saskatoon ,Saskatchewan Canada.Dempsey fought Johnson.

It's been verified that neither man was in Canada that day ,that week , that month,or that year!

Retro Boxing an astonishingly ignorant vlogger who claims the fight was kept secret because many of Johnson's fights ended in demonstrations and hangings, [apart from the Jeffries fight name ONE!]

He also says the article was in the Brooklyn Daily Eagle on the 12 th of December 1921 .Which leads him to believe it happened the previous night.
          The story originated as the result of an article by Ray Pearson writing in the Chicago Tribune December the 4th 1921. Pearson claimed that on Saturday 3rd of December ,in Saskatoon ,Saskatchewan Canada .Johnson and Dempsey fought.
          At the very end of the article Pearson comes clean and admits he made it all up .The Editor of the Saskatoon Star stated in print there was no such fight in Saskatoon.

I repeat there was no gold strike in Saskatchewan in1921when this mythical fight was supposed to have happened.Nor does that link you posted suggest in anyway that there was!

Apparently Doctor Q and Queenie B live in a Quantum world where time does not exist. I would continue but have to run to the Catskills to catch a vaudville act.

Comment

[QUOTE=billeau2;n32092278]

Apparently Doctor Q and Queenie B live in a Quantum world where time does not exist. I would continue but have to run to the Catskills to catch a vaudville act.
            If you produced a signed statement from both parties that the fight never happened Z would still challenge it. He doesn't deal in facts or reality ,so I'm not wasting any more time on this BS.
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ivich;n32092327]
              Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

If you produced a signed statement from both parties that the fight never happened Z would still challenge it. He doesn't deal in facts or reality ,so I'm not wasting any more time on this BS.
              I never said the fight happen, rather it could have. It is an unknown. And your dates are wrong and there was a gold rush in the area. Fool.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dr. Z;n32092567]

I never said the fight happen, rather it could have. It is an unknown. And your dates are wrong and there was a gold rush in the area. Fool.
                Its isn't an unknown the author states at the end of the article that it is:

A MYTHICAL MATCHUP WITH BOTH MEN IN THEIR PRIME

Nope my dates are taken from the original article by Ray Pearson which you have NOT read.

There was no Gold strike in Saskatchewan in1921,the next and last strike was in1923.

Dempsey was in Canada in1922 he kicked off a vaudeville tour there in Vancouver,but he wasn't there in1921and neither was Johnson.

Before swallowing this hog wash and posting it, did it never occur to you to check its veracity by establishing the whereabouts of the protagonists on the given date?

Neither were in Canada in1921!

You call me a fool?

You are arguing about an article you haven't even read,what does that make you?

FINIS!
                Last edited by Ivich; 12-04-2023, 07:49 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ivich;n32091975]
                  Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

- - Was a stealth, privately arranged fight by an exclusive club of Gold Barons. Both JJ and Dempsey have open schedules in that time frame easily traveled to incognito.

Y U no save us $60 and pray tell us, the poor, the bedraggled boxing fans what Polllack say?

Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

[QUOTE=QueensburyRules;n32092662]

- - Was a stealth, privately arranged fight by an exclusive club of Gold Barons. Both JJ and Dempsey have open schedules in that time frame easily traveled to incognito.

Y U no save us $60 and pray tell us, the poor, the bedraggled boxing fans what Polllack say?
                    Dempsey was in Seattle appearing in Vaudeville all that month,neither man was in Canada that year.

Now, try as you may you cannot get around that,you may be able to disappear up your own anus when your claims are proven to be wrong ,but there is no way you can change their movements in December1921 .
                    Nor is there any possibility you can invent a gold strike in Saskatchewan in1921and convince anybody it actually happened.

Now why don't you do yourself a favour before making yourself look any more foolish than you usually do?
                    Read a book on the ****ing subject you ignoramus!

Comment

[QUOTE=QueensburyRules;n32092662]

Pollack is a " happy jack " writer who choses to most positive outcome for his fighter, and lists other sources to cover himself. He does not cover the downside of the men, nor does he go into detail of the lives of the fighters much outside the ring. He tends to look the other way.

I wrote to him while he was writing his Jack Johnson book regarding his KO loss to Klon***e. Jack was a Ko'd / did a quit job. He had 4 sources for the fight, and chose the best one for his subject material that says Johnson was DQ's for excessive clinching which was suggestive on one report while the other reports don't mention that! A pity because sometimes his research is good.

He gets hero worship for Ivich " Tony McVey " But he really does not comment much on the round by round action of the viewable films.

I think he was banned here and his wife suffered a bad KO loss in boxing as he tried to coach her. He would make a decent poster here. I'm not sure why he was banned.​

Comment

Working...
                      X