Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beterbiev vs Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beterbiev vs Marciano

    Marciano was only 180 something pounds. He was a light heavyweight in todays standards even by the standards of the 1970s and later.

    How would this match up go?

    Beterbiev is the far more techical fighter and I would say the much harder hitter. I think he stops marciao in the late rounds.

  • #2
    I got Beterbiev by late TKO.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by elfag View Post
      Marciano was only 180 something pounds. He was a light heavyweight in todays standards even by the standards of the 1970s and later.

      How would this match up go?

      Beterbiev is the far more techical fighter and I would say the much harder hitter. I think he stops marciao in the late rounds.
      I love how Rocky just keeps getting lighter and lighter as time goes on. He starts his career at 192, averages around 187 lbs. now you start a post that he’s 180 lbs as if he could easily make light heavyweight.

      first of all, Marciano trains down in weight. Beterbiev probably cuts 20 lbs which means he’s carrying too much weight.

      beterbeiv is more technical if you don’t know how to box. In the sense that he keeps his hands up and always maintains the same form. Yes to someone new this looks like a more technical fighter.

      in reality he’s a robot. No feints, no timing changes, No headmovement, tight from strength training - and overrated power.

      is he still a good fighter? Yes. Marciano would murder him though, knock him out cold.
      billeau2 billeau2 JAB5239 JAB5239 like this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by them_apples View Post

        I love how Rocky just keeps getting lighter and lighter as time goes on. He starts his career at 192, averages around 187 lbs. now you start a post that he’s 180 lbs as if he could easily make light heavyweight.

        first of all, Marciano trains down in weight. Beterbiev probably cuts 20 lbs which means he’s carrying too much weight.

        beterbeiv is more technical if you don’t know how to box. In the sense that he keeps his hands up and always maintains the same form. Yes to someone new this looks like a more technical fighter.

        in reality he’s a robot. No feints, no timing changes, No headmovement, tight from strength training - and overrated power.

        is he still a good fighter? Yes. Marciano would murder him though, knock him out cold.
        You can't say a boxer is not technical if he has hundreds of fights in amateurs(including two KD against Usyk in his prime), has been p4p #1 in amateurs (AIBA, p4p 2010), has outboxed(i.e. delivered twice more jabs) Ring #1's Gbozdyk who was considered as one of the most tech guys at LHW.

        Watch his two unification fights if you want to see his feints and timing.
        moneytheman moneytheman likes this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by them_apples View Post

          I love how Rocky just keeps getting lighter and lighter as time goes on. He starts his career at 192, averages around 187 lbs. now you start a post that he’s 180 lbs as if he could easily make light heavyweight.

          first of all, Marciano trains down in weight. Beterbiev probably cuts 20 lbs which means he’s carrying too much weight.

          beterbeiv is more technical if you don’t know how to box. In the sense that he keeps his hands up and always maintains the same form. Yes to someone new this looks like a more technical fighter.

          in reality he’s a robot. No feints, no timing changes, No headmovement, tight from strength training - and overrated power.

          is he still a good fighter? Yes. Marciano would murder him though, knock him out cold.
          Marciano's average weight as champion was 186.8lbs so yes 187lbs.

          Comment


          • #6
            - - We don't know how Rocky would fare today if he had to make 175 nor how Beter would fare in Rocky's era if he didn't have to make weight.

            However, we have a modern size comparison with former LH contender and current Beter trainer John Scully.


            EDfqFdnX4AA37zd-1024x1024.jpg


            Extrapolating Beter not needing to make weight today with Rocky still unlimited, based on Rocky's comp in his title years, Beter gets smoked.

            It ain't beyond the pale though to figure Beter not needing to make weight who already weighs 190 the night of the fight while making weight, 200 vs Rocky 190 now we might get a great fight. Beter chin not proven at full heavy, but 18-0, 18 KO shows he can crack at a higher level than Rocky with 18 fights who was still quite clumsy at that stage, but the matchup ain't 18 vs 18, it's 18 vs 49-0, 43 KOs.

            All I know is we'd have a better fight than 80% of the usual suspects here are capable of understanding, so Let's Get Ready to Rumble!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by them_apples View Post

              I love how Rocky just keeps getting lighter and lighter as time goes on. He starts his career at 192, averages around 187 lbs. now you start a post that he’s 180 lbs as if he could easily make light heavyweight.

              first of all, Marciano trains down in weight. Beterbiev probably cuts 20 lbs which means he’s carrying too much weight.

              beterbeiv is more technical if you don’t know how to box. In the sense that he keeps his hands up and always maintains the same form. Yes to someone new this looks like a more technical fighter.

              in reality he’s a robot. No feints, no timing changes, No headmovement, tight from strength training - and overrated power.

              is he still a good fighter? Yes. Marciano would murder him though, knock him out cold.



              You must not have paid attention to math class in elementary school. I said "hes 180 something pounds" you said "he averages around 187 lbs".

              Newsflash, 187 pounds is 180 something pounds. You agree with me but are too dumb to realize it.

              Also if beterbiev "cuts 20 pounds" then 175+20 is 195 pounds, he is larger than marciano so glad we agree on that one too.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - - We don't know how Rocky would fare today if he had to make 175 nor how Beter would fare in Rocky's era if he didn't have to make weight.

                However, we have a modern size comparison with former LH contender and current Beter trainer John Scully.


                EDfqFdnX4AA37zd-1024x1024.jpg


                Extrapolating Beter not needing to make weight today with Rocky still unlimited, based on Rocky's comp in his title years, Beter gets smoked.

                It ain't beyond the pale though to figure Beter not needing to make weight who already weighs 190 the night of the fight while making weight, 200 vs Rocky 190 now we might get a great fight. Beter chin not proven at full heavy, but 18-0, 18 KO shows he can crack at a higher level than Rocky with 18 fights who was still quite clumsy at that stage, but the matchup ain't 18 vs 18, it's 18 vs 49-0, 43 KOs.

                All I know is we'd have a better fight than 80% of the usual suspects here are capable of understanding, so Let's Get Ready to Rumble!!!


                everyone one of the first 40 fighters marciano faced were complete bums. I would wager that beterbiev faced more full time boxers in his reign than marciano.
                moneytheman moneytheman likes this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DenBTR View Post

                  You can't say a boxer is not technical if he has hundreds of fights in amateurs(including two KD against Usyk in his prime), has been p4p #1 in amateurs (AIBA, p4p 2010), has outboxed(i.e. delivered twice more jabs) Ring #1's Gbozdyk who was considered as one of the most tech guys at LHW.

                  Watch his two unification fights if you want to see his feints and timing.


                  beterbiev is both larger and more skilled. the only thing anyone would have to defend marciano is they have a point that we dont know what he would look like with modern training techniques and all that. maybe he would be 210 pounds on fight night as a cruiserweight and maybe he would be more skilled and have had better competition.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by elfag View Post



                    everyone one of the first 40 fighters marciano faced were complete bums. I would wager that beterbiev faced more full time boxers in his reign than marciano.
                    - - Gonna let Jabberwokey or Ivichwokey take up that loooser's bet

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP