No announcement yet.

The Hardest Punchers Marciano's Victims Faced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

We know what you think. You wrote Marciano lacked one punch power.

This is just another one of your lame attempts to smear Marciano.
    No, I said he was not usually a one punch ko guy and his record definitely supports this.Marciano ,like Frazier, usually ground down his opponents gradually softening them up for the coup de grace.

Marciano is not being smeared in the slightest here, I just posted the opinions of the men that fought him ,each poster may take from that what he wishes.

The chief poster for smearing is of course YOU.
    Recent examples of this can be see in your recent defamatory posts on;'
    Joe Louis,Jack Johnson,and Lennox Lewis.
    Now, instead of following me around from thread to thread ,why don't you occupy yourself learning to read and write properly,learning how to spell ,and how to construct a legible sentence?
    Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

No, I said he was not usually a one punch ko guy and his record definitely supports this.Marciano ,like Frazier, usually ground down his opponents gradually softening them up for the coup de grace.

Marciano is not being smeared in the slightest here, I just posted the opinions of the men that fought him ,each poster may take from that what he wishes.

The chief poster for smearing is of course YOU.
      Recent examples of this can be see in your recent defamatory posts on;'
      Joe Louis,Jack Johnson,and Lennox Lewis.
      Now, instead of following me around from thread to thread ,why don't you occupy yourself learning to read and write properly,learning how to spell ,and how to construct a legible sentence?
      Are you denying that you said Marciano lacks one punch power? Sure we believe you aren't try to smear Rocky.. You are a sad old clown.

You continue to misconstrue what I said as facts for Johnson and Louis, two very different men! One was patriotic the other one was not. One was a pimp and a criminal. That other one was one. I could go on...

But they were not all that different, I mean Louis defended his 26 title defenses vs. just two black men, and likey lost to one of them, though the judges gave him the decision. Johnson fought but one black man for this title run . And was not even a contender! He avoided his top contenders for the title...and like Louis he was gifted by the judges, except he drew with a journeyman.​

They each avoided the black talent for the most part.

Rocky fought the best men who were available.

Last edited by Dr. Z; 09-21-2023, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Are you denying that you said Marciano lacks one punch power? Sure we believe you aren't try to smear Rocky.. You are a sad old clown.

You continue to misconstrue what I said as facts for Johnson and Louis, two very different men! One was patriotic the other one was not. One was a pimp and a criminal. That other one was one. I could go on...

But they were not all that different, I mean Louis defended his 26 title defenses vs. just two black men, and likey lost to one of them, though the judges gave him the decision. Johnson fought but one black for this title run who wasn't even a contender! He avoided his top contenders for the title...and like Louis he was gifted by the judges, except he drew with a journeyman.​

They each avoided the back talent for the most part.

Rocky fought the best two was available.

Its obviously escaped you,[no surprise there,] but this thread is not about Marciano!
        "That other one was one."

"likey lost to one of them"

"each avoided the back talent."

"fought the best two was available."

Is this code?

Get that spellcheck! lol
        Last edited by Ivich; 09-21-2023, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I don't see any smear in presenting quotes of others, even if they happen to be negative. That is on the person who made them. As a matter of history an eyewitness is better than no witness.

Marciano didn't just fight big punchers--he took the full force of their punches throughout. He wasn't a guy big punchers couldn't find in the ring. I like what La Starza said.

What you feel is only a measure of pain. That is not how force is measured. There is an obvious and natural proclivity for fighters to associate pain with force. But the most painful punch is not necessarily the hardest one.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugfester View Post
            I don't see any smear in presenting quotes of others, even if they happen to be negative. That is on the person who made them. As a matter of history an eyewitness is better than no witness.

Marciano didn't just fight big punchers--he took the full force of their punches throughout. He wasn't a guy big punchers couldn't find in the ring. I like what La Starza said.

What you feel is only a measure of pain. That is not how force is measured. There is an obvious and natural proclivity for fighters to associate pain with force. But the most painful punch is not necessarily the hardest one.
            The man who hit you the hardest isn't necessarily a harder puncher than another who hit you,its just that one registered more with you that the other.
            eg Joe Louis said Al Delaney hit him the hardest punch he ever received.
            Rex Layne said Joe Louis hit him the hardest,and that was in an exhibition! Did Joe hit Rex harder than Rocky?
            For his size Marciano probably hit just about as hard as anyone,but his accuracy left a lot to be desired,generally speaking he wore his opponents down until they were ready to go.
            eg Lastarza,Moore,Cockell,Charles,Layne.

Rocky didn't fight that many real heavyweight bangers , but that's not his fault.
            Last edited by Ivich; 09-22-2023, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Something of note here. Punching power is similar to posting our musings on a message board.
              One fighter might be a harder puncher, while another may be a better puncher.

Here, we observe that Dr. Z is the harder poster, but Ivich is the Better poster.
              Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X