No announcement yet.

Joe Frazier Knocking Out Sly Stallone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Frazier Knocking Out Sly Stallone

- - Remember ages ago, perhaps eons that Joe was recruited for an early Rocky before quickly being dismissed for KOing Stallone in a fight scene.

Anyone remember this?

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - - Remember ages ago, perhaps eons that Joe was recruited for an early Rocky before quickly being dismissed for KOing Stallone in a fight scene.

Anyone remember this?
    I heard that Shavers, upon Sly's request let him have it...albeit in a controlled fashion, and still has Sly doing the breakdance special. But I always understood that Sly was asking for it... Are you sure they dismissed Frazier?

I also heard from a source I remember trusting that Will Smith when playing Ali was scared of james Toney. Apparently Toney sought out Smith, they spoke and Toney turned out to be the conssumate professional.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

I heard that Shavers, upon Sly's request let him have it...albeit in a controlled fashion, and still has Sly doing the breakdance special. But I always understood that Sly was asking for it... Are you sure they dismissed Frazier?

I also heard from a source I remember trusting that Will Smith when playing Ali was scared of james Toney. Apparently Toney sought out Smith, they spoke and Toney turned out to be the conssumate professional.
      SMITH: Well I just have some concerns . . .

TONEY: OH! Don't worry, I'm not really a psychopath I just play one in real life.

SMITH: OK, I se . . . wait, what?

Comment

- - That's why I asked?

Anyway, I heared Rocky was always easy to beat up that helped make the film realistic though I always saw it as top shelf comedy for low brows in Hollywood and fansters in the general population..

billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

SMITH: Well I just have some concerns . . .

TONEY: OH! Don't worry, I'm not really a psychopath I just play one in real life.

SMITH: OK, I se . . . wait, what?
          probably true to form. Toney despite his menacing presence and love for fighting apparently has real self control and he is a very clean fighter.

Comment

He wouldn't even slap Chris Rock until Rock assured him.

Comment

I heard shavers broke his upper rib sent him to the hospital and sly had swelling around his heart but was ok luckily. I guy like Shavers prob wouldn't have to do much to hurt Sly, I doubt he actually loaded up full power even at slys request

Comment

probably true to form. Toney despite his menacing presence and love for fighting apparently has real self control and he is a very clean fighter.
                He never had much self control around his fridge!

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

He never had much self control around his fridge!
                  Oscar Wilde wrote about the virtuosa violinist who was also an elite championship fighter... alas nature's cruel joke necessitated a choice between one, or the other. The professional eating circuit lost a real talent when Toney decided on the square circle lol.
                  Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X