Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    Mosley was another one for me. After he whipped Hoya and then some nobodies, Papa Smurf even had him way overpriced, and was going on and on about Shane being an ATG. Then Forrest whomped him twice, and even Winky Wright handled him easily. Sometime after that, Mayweather got around to Mosley. Isn't that correct, wasn't that the order?
    I think it was... Forest was considered a prodigy, and it was ironic because another talented, somewhat under achieving puncher, el matadore (Mayorga), smoked Vernon twice! Styles make fights after all lol.

I was going to add El matadore. Mayorga, to my list but I figured he would never really get to the top...even though I loved the guy. One of my favorite fighters...
    Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Leave a comment:

• QueensburyRules
    replied
    - - Yoka could go on to KO Fury in his next fight and monkeys gonna say he the best ever.

Has anyone's favorite ever lost?

Of course. Like Leffy, it happens.

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Same here.

For me, Golota was a sure bet to become an alphabet titleholder at the very least. I was shocked by his mental crumbling. He had everything to become a major player, and flushed that same "everything" into the toilet.
    You dope! Lol seriously Golota had a lot of talent. He could hit hard, could throw most punches well. i think Duva really thought the world of him. I mean all things considered he had a decent go...
    Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Leave a comment:

• The Old LefHook
    replied
    Mosley was another one for me. After he whipped Hoya and then some nobodies, Papa Smurf even had him way overpriced, and was going on and on about Shane being an ATG. Then Forrest whomped him twice, and even Winky Wright handled him easily. Sometime after that, Mayweather got around to Mosley. Isn't that correct, wasn't that the order?

Leave a comment:

• Nash out
    replied
    Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    Deontay Wilder but y'all probably already knew that.

Listen, he did drop Fury hard so I do not feel like I was that damn wrong. It's real simple, from 2012 to this moment and until I see reason to believe he can not, I still believe Deontay Wilder has the ability to KO any man. Including Tyson Fury. He can do it, will he ever? Probably not, but he got close enough for me to still feel like he can get there.

Bit like Archie vs Rocky. Or Charles it probably better. Charles damn near beat Rocky. I don't reckon a Charles fan should be ashamed he believed Charles had the good to win, he did have them goods he just never figured out a way to put it together perfectly for the W.

Deontay lost a knucklebiter that featured a count most would not have given the fallen a chance on. Not bitching, Tyson's rise the single greatest moment in my era, but, he was this ****in' close you know? I don't feel too terrible about it.
    Wilder is still a good pick. For me, if Fury wasn't around, he'd have been the top dog. I'd still favour him to KO Usyk. I bet Broner was many people's Yoka, not mine as he didn't fully convince me in several of his closer fights, but he completely stagnated, went backwards if anything and did even less than I thought he would. Nash did tip Frankie Gomez for big things, then he put on about 10 stone and retired, so certainly not the best pick of the Great Nash.
    Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Marchegiano
    replied
    Deontay Wilder but y'all probably already knew that.

Listen, he did drop Fury hard so I do not feel like I was that damn wrong. It's real simple, from 2012 to this moment and until I see reason to believe he can not, I still believe Deontay Wilder has the ability to KO any man. Including Tyson Fury. He can do it, will he ever? Probably not, but he got close enough for me to still feel like he can get there.

Bit like Archie vs Rocky. Or Charles it probably better. Charles damn near beat Rocky. I don't reckon a Charles fan should be ashamed he believed Charles had the good to win, he did have them goods he just never figured out a way to put it together perfectly for the W.

Deontay lost a knucklebiter that featured a count most would not have given the fallen a chance on. Not bitching, Tyson's rise the single greatest moment in my era, but, he was this ****in' close you know? I don't feel too terrible about it.

Leave a comment:

• Tatabanya
    replied
    Originally posted by markusmod View Post
    And Andrew Golota, too.
    Same here.

For me, Golota was a sure bet to become an alphabet titleholder at the very least. I was shocked by his mental crumbling. He had everything to become a major player, and flushed that same "everything" into the toilet.

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by markusmod View Post
    Mine was David Reid, Fernando Vargas, Shane Mosley. I thought all three would go a lot further than they did. And Andrew Golota, too.
    Those are respectable...

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Juan Ma. I see highlights and this pint size Joe Louis! Cutting them down like a lawn trimmer! Big power light weight, I am salvating at the chops... That didn't pan out so well.

Leave a comment:

• Rockybigblower
    replied
    Whilst I don't exactly rate Anthony Mundine that highly...after Charles Hatley dropped him 5 times for a K.O. victory I got super high on Hatley. Didn't go anywhere though really. I also had hopes for Howard Eastman. The problem was he loved the weed too much. Phenomenal talent but not a great drive for success.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X