No announcement yet.

Is Fury-Wilder unprecedented?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

You haven’t seen the contract, you aren’t a legal expert, so your opinion is invalid.

You have no basis for your argument, how do you know the court order wouldn’t stand in Saudi? You don’t. You’re merely conjecturing, and worse, conjecturing on something your aren’t educated enough to conjecture about.
    Invalid based on your opinion. Cute!

Comment

Damn you’re sensitive.

My factual points were:

The fight was court ordered. Is that a fact or not? Yeah it’s a fact.

The fight is recognised by Ring, ESPN, TBRB and Boxrec as a Champion vs #2 or #1 vs #3 for ranking systems who don’t have a champion atop their rankings. Is that a fact or not? Yeah it’s also a fact.

Yeah this thread is nonsense, and now I will insult you, you’re a crackbrained, empty-headed imbecile.
      Yes 'facts' but no insight just insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Invalid based on your opinion. Cute!
        No invalid based on you having not read or even seen the contract and based on you not being on expert on international law. Idiot…

Comment

Yes 'facts' but no insight just insults.
          Facts that expose the flaws in your OP.

You said Fury chose. He never. It was court ordered.

You implied Wilder was not a real contender. He’s universally ranked top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

I hear you on the Saudis, agreed... treatment of women as well. People are not obligated so much as forced... that's how laws work. When people are shamed through traditions, or following prescriptive ethics (though should... as opposed to thou shall not) they are obligated.

arbitration is often used because legal pleadings take time. Arbitration is Binding as a legal decision but it's ac way to get things done quick and dirty.

Contracts are supposed to guarantee good faith, otherwise why use them at all and use a common law witness, like a notery?
            Agreed on the arbitration in civil law suits but I suspect that one of two things is likely to happen- either the fight is a go or Arum steps up and buys Wilder off with step aside money and a promise of a match with the winner. I doubt this even goes to arbitration. I am now convinced that Fury doesn't really want the AJ fight; I believe it was doable if he wanted it.

But this isn't the discussion I wanted to have, being the history section I wanted to look for precedents but the Fury fan boys cane rushing in with their legal excuses and we digressed (as usual LOL)

The original post was trying to start a discussion as to whether any former HW Champion was able to secure an immediate rematch after putting on such a terrible performance (Wilder) while there was a true contender waiting in the wings (AJ).

The only two I could come up with was Dempsey and Liston.

Dempsey in '26 looked terrible against Tunney and was dominated - Sharkey finished off Wills and Dempsey was forced to prove himself against Sharkey before he could get the Tunney rematch.

Liston on the other hand got the immediate rematch but that seems to have been based on the 'bum shoulder' excuse. Liston actually went off as the betting favorite in the rematch.

I just can't come up with an example of a Champion being given an immediate rematch after being so throughly dominated as Wilder was, can you?

Even Ali couldn't get an immediate Frazier rematch.

Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 07-29-2021, 12:40 PM.
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Damn you’re sensitive.

My factual points were:

The fight was court ordered. Is that a fact or not? Yeah it’s a fact.

The fight is recognised by Ring, ESPN, TBRB and Boxrec as a Champion vs #2 or #1 vs #3 for ranking systems who don’t have a champion atop their rankings. Is that a fact or not? Yeah it’s also a fact.

Yeah this thread is nonsense, and now I will insult you, you’re a crackbrained, empty-headed imbecile.
              - -No US court can actually order a fight. The court said if Fury "continues" to fight, he's legally obliged to fight Deyonce first, "unless another legal suit is filed that overrides this current one," something that happens daily around the country. See the vacated Bill Cosby conviction as the biggest example.

Damn, U ain't never been the brightest, so it's always gonna be Bum Squad wif U.

Comment

Yes I agree there is no other fight out there but AJ - what I am wondering is there a previous example of this type of action. No doubt former HW Champions have taken easier fights when there was a viable contender waiting -- but has anyone been so obvious that they took a rematch with a fighter they already stopped, when it was obvious the fans didn't want the fight.

Fury vs Wilder III is the result of arbitration.

Comment

Did anyone actually want to see this fight btw? I'm surprised they can sell it. Would have been better if Wilder had fought the winner of AJ vs Fury for all the belts

I personally think Wilder will KO Fury. Does that mean we have to see a 4th fight? and then a 5th one if Fury wins that?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

Fury vs Wilder III is the result of arbitration.
                    Ah! I wonder why Bill said he thought it would go to arbitration.- So we don't actually have a court decision but a retired judge speaking through an agreed arbitration.

Fury can walk away from this if he wants to.

Dempsey breached a contract in '26 with a Chicago firm and fought Tunney in Philadelphia despite a district court injunction.

Fighting another Brit in Saudi Arabia with international funding is a no brainer - Judge Winestein Rtd ain't stopping that from happening.

Besides Fury is suspose to be the Gypsy King it seems funny that he would act submissive to an American arbitration** decision unless he sees it in his best intetest.

Fury's submissive behavior smacks more of tactic than obedience to the law. I think I am with Queenie on this one, I think Fury chose the passive role becuse he wanted the easier fight.

This decision looks to be more binding on Arum's ability to move forward than Fury's.

** This was an American court arbitration correct or was it British?

Comment

Ah! I wonder why Bill said he thought it would go to arbitration.- So we don't actually have a court decision but a retired judge speaking through an agreed arbitration.

Fury can walk away from this if he wants to.

Dempsey breached a contract in '26 with a Chicago firm and fought Tunney in Philadelphia despite a district court injunction.

Fighting another Brit in Saudi Arabia with international funding is a no brainer - Judge Winestein Rtd ain't stopping that from happening.

Besides Fury is suspose to be the Gypsy King it seems funny that he would act submissive to an American arbitration** decision unless he sees it in his best intetest.

Fury's submissive behavior smacks more of tactic than obedience to the law. I think I am with Queenie on this one, I think Fury chose the passive role becuse he wanted the easier fight.

This decision looks to be more binding on Arum's ability to move forward than Fury's.

** This was an American court arbitration correct or was it British?
                      It's easy to see anything from different points of view. Why did Fury decide to go along with the arbitrator's decision? Maybe because he signed an agreement that in the event of a dispute, the issue would go to an arbitrator and that the decision would be binding. It doesn't mean that at no point will he ever fight AJ.
                      Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X