Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thomas hearns beats ray robinson at welterweight....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJC View Post
    Go on I'm in, name those 20 welterweights above Hearns please?
    Lol, I'd be interested in seeing this list too.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Lol, I'd be interested in seeing this list too.
      It does seem to be a feature of this fight that people do sort of overshoot with their sweeping statements.

Comment

i can just picture ray knocking hearns head into the third row...........

Comment

Robinson by knockout. Hearns might build an early lead but once he starts slowing down, he's going to get hit by some big shots and I doubt he can stand up to them.

Comment

Never seen him at ww of course but from what i seen at middle i say ray by ko. Left hook catches hearns when he misses that monster right. JESUS can u imagine how good he was if he was better at middle

Comment

I admittedly havent seen a great deal of SRR fights, but I have watched what I could find. I believe he is a great fighter, and possibly deserves the title of best P4P ever. I have seen plenty of Hearns fights tho, and I know he is a great boxer with definite one-punch KO power. To not give Hearns at least a good chance against ANY WW in the history of the sport is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
                I admittedly havent seen a great deal of SRR fights, but I have watched what I could find. I believe he is a great fighter, and possibly deserves the title of best P4P ever. I have seen plenty of Hearns fights tho, and I know he is a great boxer with definite one-punch KO power. To not give Hearns at least a good chance against ANY WW in the history of the sport is ridiculous.
                A good chance but not a probable chance.If they fight 5 times,Hearns might win one.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
                  A good chance but not a probable chance.If they fight 5 times,Hearns might win one.
                  My philosophy is that any ATG is, on any given night, capable of beating any other ATG in a one off fight barring some prohibitive style matchup such as Foreman versus short-armed pressure fighters. When I'm comparing fighters and I say so-and-so beats so-and-so I'm presuming a series of fights between them, taking the results of the series, and distilling it down to one fight.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
                    To not give Hearns at least a good chance against ANY WW in the history of the sport is ridiculous.
                    Hearns would have a chance against any fighter in history from welter right up until light heavy in my mind, which is a testemant to how great a fighter he was.
                    But I can't see him beating SRR.

Comment

Hearns would start fast, and maybe lead as far as into the championship rounds (13, 14, 15) but he is going to slow down and get hit, and with Robinson coming on strong in the later rounds, landing power punches, Tommy is going to crumble and get stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X