Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thomas hearns beats ray robinson at welterweight....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
    Did you ever see the SRR who fought at welterweight?
    I recall seeing him nearly get knocked out by an Italian brawler.

Plus there is not much footage of a WW Gay and he is much more significant at higher weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post

Plus there is not much footage of a WW Gay and he is much more significant at higher weights.
      I know there is no film of SRR at welterweight. I was waiting to see what he said.

EVERYBODY who saw SRR at welterweight said he was much better than at Middleweight!

You said you recal seeing him "nearly" get knocked out....I "Did see" Hearns getting KO'd.

Are ALL of the pfp list wrong? I NEVER saw a pfp list with Hearns ahead of SRR.

If Thomas Hearns even dreams of beating SRR,he should wake up and apalogize.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
        I know there is no film of SRR at welterweight. I was waiting to see what he said.

EVERYBODY who saw SRR at welterweight said he was much better than at Middleweight!

You said you recal seeing him "nearly" get knocked out....I "Did see" Hearns getting KO'd.

Are ALL of the pfp list wrong? I NEVER saw a pfp list with Hearns ahead of SRR.

If Thomas Hearns even dreams of beating SRR,he should wake up and apalogize.
        No proof no argument for you lad. It's like describing in vivid detail on how Harry Greb would beat somebody.

And what do p4p lists have to do with Hearns giving Gay brain damage?

Comment

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          SUGAR GAY ROBINSON LOSE??????????

Indeed he would beat the overrated Salty GAY Robinson. His skills are overrated as well as his opponents. A Hearns would be unlike anything Gay had ever faced, and Hearns already dealt with Gay's type of fighters.
          explain.............

Comment

his middleweight accomplishments are maybe more famous, but his true prime was as a WW, in my opinion he was already a great before he went to MW, his work at MW was what lifted him from great to the greatest ever.

Comment

Unfortunately such debates never produce solid and credible arguments due to wannabe boxing historians who have never even seen Robinsons career at 147 picking Robinson due to historical preference alone.

Those whom would pick Hearns and present a credible argument are usually dismissed by true noobs who think they are real boxing fans by picking Robinson in the first place.

Those who would pick Robinson against the likes of Ray Leonard and Thomas hearns usually do so by presenting flattering qoutes used by Ray Leonard and Thomas Hearns in regards to how they match up against Robinson,Apparently a fighter is not able to even pay respect to those of the past without it being used against them by a bunch of delusional fanboys.

That said Thomas Hearns was black,Thomas Hearns was great.All the basis for Ray Robinson to avoid ever such a fight with him

Comment

No proof no argument for you lad. It's like describing in vivid detail on how Harry Greb would beat somebody.

And what do p4p lists have to do with Hearns giving Gay brain damage?
                Where is YOUR proof lad?

What do pfp lists have to do with it? It means EVERYBODY that saw both Hearns and SRR at welterweight believe SRR was better and would have beat weak-chinned Thommy.

Comment

Even though Hearns has incredible punches, I still think Ray Robinson would win this. In my mind, he wins by some form of knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
                    hearns is not even in the to 20 of best welterweights,he has a glass jaw and his stamina his poor,he has a good right hand has he demonstrated with the enialtion of cuevas and the almost beheading of duran,but when he fought talent as in leonard and hagler he seemed afraid,i would have to consider hearns for a promotion to the top 10
                    Go on I'm in, name those 20 welterweights above Hearns please?

Comment

Both great fighters, both have one shot power, one has a great chin one doesn't, one is one of the great welters one is the greatest welter.

Comment

Working...
                      X