No announcement yet.

Sonny Liston vs Joe Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post

You sure like to twist things....Saying Liston couldn't take Ali's punches,LOL

Liston could take Ali's punches and punches ALOT harder.As he did against many other fighters.Cleveland Williams to name just one.

Liston did not quit against Ali because of his hard punches.Just like Roberto Duran did not quit against SRL because of his hard punches.They both quit because they were being humiliated and embarrased.

Please stop "twisting" things.You would rather win a debate than search for the truth.
    Thats not the only reason. Liston had an injured shoulder, a drug addiction and had just spent 6 rounds exerting himself in a fight he thought would be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post

I was refering to footspeed. Hand speed is important once you can get into position to land/use those hands effectively. His footspeed was poor. No 2 ways about that.

Plodding forward. May have worked against some of those guys, but against a man of Liston's class, its lights out.
      Louis had amazing subtle footwork. He hides his speed of foot but uses it when he needs it. Watch him vs big guys like buddy baer when he needs to move around a bit. Always in position and always ready. Never had trouble closing the distance with anyone or getting away.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Thats not the only reason. Liston had an injured shoulder, a drug addiction and had just spent 6 rounds exerting himself in a fight he thought would be easy.
        As far as I am aware Liston was not addicted to drugs when he fought Ali.

Comment

Louis had amazing subtle footwork. He hides his speed of foot but uses it when he needs it. Watch him vs big guys like buddy baer when he needs to move around a bit. Always in position and always ready. Never had trouble closing the distance with anyone or getting away.
          You bragged on Joe looking good vs. Buddy. Here is Buddy, and Louis does either look as advanced as Liston or the guy he fought with? See how you exposed your not sane This looks like novices compared.

why did you brag on buddy for when he wasn't even as advanced as that no name Liston fought? you're impressed very easily aren't you cult member?

Last edited by Ascended; 03-29-2024, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
            As far as I am aware Liston was not addicted to drugs when he fought Ali.
            There isn’t much info on Liston, but in the one book I have on him, it brings up Liston on drugs a lot. Liston also loved hookers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended View Post

You bragged on Joe looking good vs. Buddy. Here is Buddy, and Louis does either look as advanced as Liston or the guy he fought with? See how you exposed your not sane This looks like novices compared.

why did you brag on buddy for when he wasn't even as advanced as that no name Liston fought? you're impressed very easily aren't you cult member?
              Thats a great video.

sad that your eyes can’t notice his ring craft. Why don’t you also watch your newer “advanced” fighters from a distance and in black and white, at 18 fps. They will look like garbage.

go on google and watch “canelo fight from the stands” and you can see what he looks like sitting farther away, which is the same view old fights were captured. That will even your lense out.

you probably didn’t understand any of that lol
              billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

That's a great video.

sad that your eyes canât notice his ring craft. Why don't you also watch your newer advanced fighters from a distance and in black and white, at 18 fps? They will look like garbage.

go on google and watch âcanelo fight from the standsâ and you can see what he looks like sitting farther away, which is the same view old fights were captured. That will even your lense out.

you probably did not understand any of that lol
                Anybody as advanced as this no name who Liston fought who existed in the novice-like era louis fought in? The answer is no

that's interesting so watching a fight in lower fps changes

angles/fluid/tech/timing/defense/
                flaws, I wonder why is it when they updated old vids from the 30s-40s to 60sfps all those areas I named still look like novices compared to this match and any other average-mid fighter in the 70s-'90s another ridiculous comment by a crazy cult member

Yeah louis vs Buddy looks great for that era compared to the 70s-'90s looks like trash

I wonder why this doesn't look trash compared and is in black in white, even if I downgraded the FPS still wouldn't make them fight like novices like those in 30-40s keep exposing you're very slow and crazy doesn't bother me

Last edited by Ascended; 03-30-2024, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended

See this upgraded to 60 still looks like novices compared to mid-carders in the 70s-'90s in all areas I said,

oh you will say it wasn't originally done in 60fps, doesn't matter like I said no fps can magically add upgraded angles/tech/fluidity/defense/
                  timing, exposed very badly you like exposing you're crazy and very slow don't you?
                  You cant upgrade it to 60, the frames are just doubles or AI. You can’t create proper frames unless they were taken at the time

Comment

You cant upgrade it to 60, the frames are just doubles or AI. You canât create proper frames unless they were taken at the time
                    still looks like novices compared to mid-carders in the 70s-'90s in all areas I said,even if this was shot in 60fps

no fps no matter what number it was shot in can't magically add or downgrade angles/tech/fluidity/defense/
                    timing, exposed very badly you like exposing you're crazy and very slow don't you?​​

Last edited by Ascended; 03-30-2024, 07:20 AM.

Comment

You cant upgrade it to 60, the frames are just doubles or AI. You canât create proper frames unless they were taken at the time
                      Anybody as advanced as this no name who Liston fought who existed in the novice-like era louis fought in? The answer is no

This was a newer era was it not?

that's interesting so watching a fight in lower fps changes

angles/fluid/tech/timing/defense/
                      flaws, I wonder why is it when they updated old vids from the 30s-40s to 60sfps all those areas I named still look like novices compared to this match and any other average-mid fighter in the 70s-'90s another ridiculous comment by a crazy cult member

Yeah louis vs Buddy looks great for that era compared to the 70s-'90s looks like trash

I wonder why this doesn't look trash compared and is in black in white, even if I downgraded the FPS still wouldn't make them fight like novices like those in 30-40s keep exposing you're very slow and crazy doesn't bother me​

Comment

Working...
                      X