Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Tyson Vs Comeback Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooster and his petty crappy vids should be ignored. He's a bloody wanker with way too much bias towards Tyson to be taken seriously.

Tyson would KO old Goerge in the opening seconds of round 1.

Comment

IMO I think George would be open early to some really big barrages and the fight would be stopped. Yes George had huge power but he also took a 20 punch combination from Holyfield early, he was just lucky it was Holyfield (average puncher) and not someone with huge power (he almost went down).

If George catches him really hard he could obviously win, but I don't see him beating Mike in the 90's. He would lose both a Ud or by KO. He was only able to land on Holyfield a few times, and Tyson generally was thought to have better defense than Holyfield.

If this was the Tyson that wasn't taking training seriously then it's a real pick em' and Tyson might think he's invincible and forget all about moving his head.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        Tyson generally was thought to have better defense than Holyfield.
        Holyfield was generally thought to be washed up when he fought Tyson too.....

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
          And now decades later we can see that he was no more washed up than 89-92 Tyson. And does that even have to do with the post you quoted you bloody wanker?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
            yea but the triangle theory doesn't work. Holyfield wasn't thought to be washed up either, people just wondered if he had anything left after those wars he had prior. It wasn't a prime Holyfield but it certainly wasn't a washed up one either.

90's Foreman leaves his head open for a 20 punch combination from Holyfield don't you see him eating the same stuff from Tyson?

I know you don't like Tyson but this isn't a prime George here. He didn't even have the speed or reflexes to time a quick fighter with that hellacious uppercut he had in his prime.
            Last edited by them_apples; 08-09-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I favour Tyson to beat comeback Foreman, 70's Foreman beats him though.

Comment

yea but the triangle theory doesn't work. Holyfield wasn't thought to be washed up either, people just wondered if he had anything left after those wars he had prior. It wasn't a prime Holyfield but it certainly wasn't a washed up one either.
                My point was that what is "generally believed" isn't always accurate. If you read the articles in Ring Magazine leading up the the first Holyfield - Tyson fight Evander was portrayed as a shot fighter who might have even gotten killed when he faced Tyson. Holyfield, afterall, had been KOed by Bowe in their 3rd fight and had looked aweful against Bobby Czyz. Rumours where circulating about his heart ect. As it turned out, perceptions were wrong.

90's Foreman leaves his head open for a 20 punch combination from Holyfield don't you see him eating the same stuff from Tyson?

I know you don't like Tyson but this isn't a prime George here. He didn't even have the speed or reflexes to time a quick fighter with that hellacious uppercut he had in his prime.
                Actually I would give '90s George only a 50/50 shot at best in a matchup with Tyson. While I think it's still a bad style matchup for Mike, '90s George was very slow and I'm just not sure he could take advantage of it. Tyson had a very good chin and wasn't going to be bombed out with one punch and as slow as George was at that point he just wasn't able to put punches together with any real consistancy. So while I don't think it's a "gimme" fight for Tyson by any means I also have some serious questions about George's chances of winning.

Poet

Comment

A comebacking Foreman would still give Tyson problems with his jab and he still had great power but if Tommy Morrison could move in and out on him, I think Tyson would've been able to do the same. Tyson by decision, Foreman would have his moments though.
                  moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X