Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prime tyson takes this!

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      Fair comment, have observed the vids that mainly show the last round or 2, where he trades in the center.. Won't split hairs by saying that he's attempting an eye catching finish, but there ain't much need to run as he's almost fighting in slow motion.. No examples of him on the ropes, with what's available, so I can't prove it.. Haven't got a clue on how to download vids either, but I do remember George doing this, maybe not as often as I first thought though..

I have watched All of George's Comeback, and i honestly can not remember him using a tactic of Laying on the Ropes, He was Usually chasing his oponent. and after the Holyfield fight it was much easier to run away from him. Thats why fights went longer. Tyson KOed them Faster Because he could catch them, George Couldnt.

But George gave a PRIME Evander a tougher fight then Mike Tyson gave an OLDER Evander.

This fight would not be so easy, I remember seeing news footage before the Evander fight, they were laughing at George the whole time, They thought it would be easy, and it turned out to be Hell for Holyfield.

A factor in this fight would be intimidation, i think Mike would be alittle intimidated of George, Mike studied the older fighters, and the thoughts of George would be in his mind, also the fact that Cus spoke highly on George and was noted to have said Mike wouldnt beat a Man like George Foreman.

Although George was slower He has an 2 advantages.
      1) He has Much more Power
      2) Mike wouldnt Run, He would be right in front of him.

No man in Foremans comeback stood Toe to toe with him and survived.

This would not be a white wash, this would be a tough fight. I know ALOT on George Foreman, ive seen every fight nearlly, interviews, training etc. The man was out of this world, even though he was a clown outside the ring in his comeback , he ment businuss, and Tyson would Not KO him fast and easy.

ROOSTER

Comment

Prime Tyson has the edge, but I'm pretty sure George would've beat the version that fought Buster Douglas.

Comment

The Tyson who lost to douglass WAS prime Tyson

Big George by Ko

Comment

Old George would take him out within 8

Comment

If Tyson fought smartly he could decision him. He would have to change up his style though, as going straight at Foreman, even the old version, is tantamount to dancing with death.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                The Tyson who lost to douglass WAS prime Tyson

Big George by Ko

Thats a debate that Tyson fans like to make. I agree with you to a point.

Just because Tyson Lost doesnt mean he was out of his Prime, Thats just idiotic.

Tyson fought well against Douglas, I give Mike credit, he took ALOT of shots, but He did fight well.

Douglas Lost his mother a week before the fight i beleave. so he did it for his Mom, and didnt quit, He just out toughed Mike, That doesnt mean Mike was out of his Prime.

ROOSTER

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
                  Thats a debate that Tyson fans like to make. I agree with you to a point.

Just because Tyson Lost doesnt mean he was out of his Prime, Thats just idiotic.

Tyson fought well against Douglas, I give Mike credit, he took ALOT of shots, but He did fight well.

Douglas Lost his mother a week before the fight i beleave. so he did it for his Mom, and didnt quit, He just out toughed Mike, That doesnt mean Mike was out of his Prime.

ROOSTER
                  I think it was more down to what he got up to the night before..

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
                    er..

Newsflash dude, Tyson was way way over the hile Post Prison. Let alone 7 years later when he faced Lewis.

Tyson's record before prison was 41-1.
                    Post prison was 9-4

Tyson had a freakishly strong chin, but very poor "heart".

That said, he had no reason to lose confidence against an old Foreman (or Prime Foreman).

Something Tyson was weak against tall and fast boxers. Hence the Tillis bout.

Foreman was tall, but was very slow. He may land a few, but he would need combo's to get Tyson to implode. Which imo, won't happen.

er, that's why i said our knowledge of how much Tyson could take and give at the same was "limited" instead of saying, we know that tyson cannot take and give. We have no experience with Tyson taking the kind of shots he would receive from a guy like Foreman continuously and continuing to give back.

Comment

This is a video i just filmed off the TV from one of my old fight tapes, i just put it on Youtube and thought id share

Stop posting your crappy attention seeking videos on my forum.All you do is take tiny segments and blow them up into main topic features often controversial in an attempt to seek views and subscribers on youtube.Keep that **** on youtube and not my forum whore,This forum is for boxing fans,Not wannabe internet stars like you

But George gave a PRIME Evander a tougher fight then Mike Tyson gave an OLDER Evander.

This fight would not be so easy, I remember seeing news footage before the Evander fight, they were laughing at George the whole time, They thought it would be easy, and it turned out to be Hell for Holyfield.

It turned out to be hell because holyfield couldn't knock him out,Other than that he absolutely dominated foreman the entire fight.Don't fool yourself into thinking anything else Cockster
                      Last edited by princemanspoper; 08-09-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X