Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Boxings WORST Role Model?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talking negative role models just posses me off.look at the states ,half if their athletes are cheaters,drug users,come from the hood.their gangsters or criminals.I know several canadians who went to big colleges in the states & they all say if a guy can throw a football 80 yards they will get him a degree if he attends their college.one of my friends said some of the guys from the ****** who got scholarships couldn't even barely spell their own names let alone pass a entrance exam.in the states they don't care about anything but money.michael vick will be the next hero again you watch.another example of American intelligence.the guy couldn't wait until he was 35 to have dogfighting ting in his basement.that $100 million contract would have Been up by then.I'd say 50% of American athletes are questionable role models.you can take the kid out of the ****** but you can't take the ****** out of the kid...it's a shame

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      talking negative role models just posses me off.look at the states ,half if their athletes are cheaters,drug users,come from the hood.their gangsters or criminals.I know several canadians who went to big colleges in the states & they all say if a guy can throw a football 80 yards they will get him a degree if he attends their college.one of my friends said some of the guys from the ****** who got scholarships couldn't even barely spell their own names let alone pass a entrance exam.in the states they don't care about anything but money.michael vick will be the next hero again you watch.another example of American intelligence.the guy couldn't wait until he was 35 to have dogfighting ting in his basement.that $100 million contract would have Been up by then.I'd say 50% of American athletes are questionable role models.you can take the kid out of the ****** but you can't take the ****** out of the kid...it's a shame
      Treat as treated, take as you find.. I'm in the entertainments business, & I'm proud to say that I know an absolute multitude of really good Americans.. I've also experienced some Schmuks, but that's just the way the globe turns..
      Fundamentally, the problem stems at political level & the biggest Red Neck of em all was George W.. I sincerely doubt, he won that election fair & square.. He has a well documented IQ of 78.. This is equivelant to that of a Thai Peasant..

There is good and bad of everyone, and believe me, most Americans didn't give a **** about Michael Jackson, & for the record, neither did I....
      Most things can be explained, but how the hell is Holyfield skint?? He always had a reputation of short arms with long pockets.. I can only guess, that some crazy judge within the political sector, ordered him to pay $20, 000,000 for each kid.. Wouldn't surprise me?? With regard to Tyson.. If he actually did **** Desiree Washington, he'd still be ****** up now.. No excuses for biting Holys ear though...

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
        http://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/04/sp...pagewanted=all

When Joe Louis asked Lena Horne, with whom he was then having a relationship, to keep score for him at a Hollywood golf benefit, the singer refused -- she was entertaining troops that day. Joe hit her with a left hook. Then he started to choke her. In his 1978 autobiography, written with Edna and Art Rust Jr., Louis said that the only thing that saved Lena's life was an aunt in the next room who threatened to call the police.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ecn...esult&resnum=1

a woman beater, thats the type of man to look up to.....
        Find me ONE perfect person in this world. Fact is, he made mistakes and probably hurt a few people. Fact also is he helped, inspired and quietly did things to help millions in a POSITIVE way. Sorry, the positives outweigh the negatives by amounts unable to be calculated.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          You obviously have no clue about what era Joe Louis was from. You talk big **** but you would have been more silent than Louis if you were around during that time period.
          He really doesn't. He only see's what he wants to see.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Find me ONE perfect person in this world. Fact is, he made mistakes and probably hurt a few people. Fact also is he helped, inspired and quietly did things to help millions in a POSITIVE way. Sorry, the positives outweigh the negatives by amounts unable to be calculated.
            Hahaha I was awaiting what kind of excuse you would come up with for that one and you STILL have the nerve to look past it. You'd probably still support the man if he ****d dead corpses. You are disgusting mate.

Speaking of which, a lot of criminals did positive things as well. Serial killer John Wayne Gacy helped out his community in every way, it doesn't change the fact that he was no good for what he did(Now Louis nuthuggers, i'm not comparing him to serial killers now so whipe your tears away).

Fact is Louis drank heavily, used a lot of drugs, was a womaniser, a woman beater, almost killed a woman too.
            Now these are all FACTS. Not opinions. You cannot look at his positives deeds and ignore his dark side, which is what you are doing.

The REAL Louis was NOT a role model PERIOD. End of discussion.

Comment

Umm he did drugs later in his life which he had quit doing before passing on.

I did a quick search of google for "joe louis beat women" and "joe louis women beater" found something about him beating germany but thats about it. I hope your not blindly clinging on to some joe louis grudge due to something you read online or some undocumented opinion.

if you can provide some links to backup your claims im sure they would be a good read.

I found stuff about the womanizing. but nothing about beating.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 07-07-2009, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Boxings worst role model was Lennox Lewis the only heavyweight champion in history to be stripped of every belt for refusing to fight the No1 contenders
                he fought all his msndatories until the end.so what he didn't give akinwande a rematch or vitali after he almost punched his eyes out.oh yeah he'd make $ fighting ruiz.you are a moron & have no idea what you ate talking about.he beat everyone except bowe who ducked him.he is the only guy to clean up the division.Byrd & ruiz are the only ones he didn't fight & he chose vitali & Tyson instead even thou kirk Johnson at the time was the original opponent before vitali...you just hate lewis!

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post

I did a quick search of google for "joe louis beat women" and "joe louis women beater" found something about him beating germany but thats about it. I hope your not blindly clinging on to some joe louis grudge due to something you read online or some undocumented opinion.

if you can provide some links to backup your claims im sure they would be a good read.

But Slimes over a hundred years old & used to be Louis's dealer...

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post

Hahaha you typed it in google and nothing came up.
                    You're right, you're right. He didn't beat women.....he tried to KILL them, even for something as petty as refusing to keep score for him while he was playing Golf.
                    Read my signature.

As for the links, I'll just quote Billionare's post for ya. Enjoy it lad.

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
                    http://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/04/sp...pagewanted=all

When Joe Louis asked Lena Horne, with whom he was then having a relationship, to keep score for him at a Hollywood golf benefit, the singer refused -- she was entertaining troops that day. Joe hit her with a left hook. Then he started to choke her. In his 1978 autobiography, written with Edna and Art Rust Jr., Louis said that the only thing that saved Lena's life was an aunt in the next room who threatened to call the police.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ecn...esult&resnum=1

a woman beater, thats the type of man to look up to.....

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
                      Hahaha you typed it in google and nothing came up.
                      You're right, you're right. He didn't beat women.....he tried to KILL them, even for something as petty as refusing to keep score for him while he was playing Golf.
                      Read my signature.

As for the links, I'll just quote Billionare's post for ya. Enjoy it lad.
                      No Slime.. He wants to know the source of your information..
                      Is that too much to ask?

Comment

Working...
                      X