Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson vs Holyfield - who of them is better fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mugeninfinity View Post
    i dont see anybody beating prime tyson PERIOD.
    thats the kind of logic you go up against when debating tyson fans

Comment

• Holyfield. End of discussion.

Comment

• They didn't call him The Real Deal for nothing. Holyfield was better, but both are all time greats.

Comment

• this is too close for me. ill go with evander because he has the longevity.

Comment

• Aside from the Alleged HGH use from Holyfield, one thing i cannot let go is the fact Holyfield was let off for blatantly head butting Tyson in both fights. OK, Tyson going insane and biting Holyfield in the 2nd bout because of the headbutting was wrong, but Holyfield's antics were masked because of it.

I mean how rare does a gash open from a headbutt? Tyson had on in EACH eye in the first bout, and even second bout, the opening rounds had Tyson get yet another Gash!

The same Tyson i dont think who never had any problems with cuts or gashes, surprisingly got cuts all over his face by Holyfield.

Personally, Prime v Prime, Tyson takes it.

Holyfield head butted his way against a Post-Prison Tyson who's Post Prison record was 9-4, and Pre-Prison record was 41-1

Comment

• Holyfield scoffs at your attempts to discredit his legacy with such outrageous allegations.

Rahman was obviously busted up from precision punching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3oyrq4Q5gM

And Dokes is clearly rocked by a clean combo.
              Last edited by Thunder Lips; 05-10-2009, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by minion View Post
                Holyfield head butted his way against a Post-Prison Tyson who's Post Prison record was 9-4, and Pre-Prison record was 41-1
                Dirty fighter or not, Holyfield beat Tyson wtih strategy, mental toughness, and conditioning.

Your stats are also terribly misleading as I assume was your intent. Leading up to the Tyson fight Holyfield had been in and out of retirement with weird health problems. He had been upset by Moorer in a disappointing performance and was knocked out for the first time in his career by Bowe in a fight that looked to be the end of his career. Tyson was heavily favored with a 4-0 record since prison having destroyed Seldon and Bruno. Few gave Holyfield a chance coming into the fight and rightfully so.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmcc505 View Post
                  They didn't call him The Real Deal for nothing.
                  ** Out of the ring, they call him Evan Field.

Comment

• It wudda been a great fight prime for prime. Resume & ATG rank easily goes to Evander.

Comment

• Holyfield is the better fighter. He beat better competition as well as defeated tyson twice

Comment

Working...
                      X