Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson vs Holyfield - who of them is better fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson vs Holyfield - who of them is better fighter?

Good day. Happy New Year to everyone I wish!
    All of us remember many disputes (all over the world) on Tyson and Lewis's theme who from them is greater or more legendary, and many other things. At present it is represented to me interesting to discuss "face to face" Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield, to discuss them not from the point of view of statistics and figures, titles, belts, comparison of opposition or records. To me interestingly what they were as boxers, are how much good or bad, than are good and than are not so good.
    As to Mike in its best years, I saw in him very good aggressive “shorty” counterpuncher. With fine technics and skills, feeling of a distance and a rhythm in actions, fine feeling of the opponent. His technics and skills were almost ideally combined with his natural parametres. Then in due course Mike became easier, also more predicted, but on any very long remained terrible force.
    Holyfield in cruiserweight and times of heavyweight differed a little. Despite the universality and brilliant skills being cruiser he didn’t hesitate to impose to contenders rate and without ceremony could break them physically, many times taking fight inside. Passing in heavyweight to him it was necessary to calm the passion though, but all the same there was an aspiration to combat "a bone in a bone" a little if it is most favourably for him.
    They in a ring met twice, and both times the victory remained beyond Evander. The fact is also that in the second fight they have a little held back each other. I saw their career of professional boxers from beginning to end, and I dare to assert that in their fight in any years, taking into account their styles, merits and demerits, Evander it would appear more strongly and beat Mike any time, any place, anywhere.
    What opinions are?
    Mike
    39.69%
    Evander
    52.67%
    One level
    2.29%
    I find it difficult to answer
    5.34%

Evander would have Beat Tyson in his prime, He knew how to Beat Mike, And when people say that Tyson wasnt the same, Well Evander wasnt in his prime either, but he still could handle Tyson, Tyson was a great fighter, if the other guy was nervous or scared, But Evander had his number, Prime and No Prime

Comment

i love tyson to death but he was just a strong puncher, holyfield was much more

Comment

evander easily

he beat tysons ass twice, and would have doen the same to tyson in his prime

he had his number and wasnt afraid of him

Comment

Tyson wasn't fit to carry Evander's jock.

Comment

not even close the real deal

Comment

Hallo, everybody.
              What about fight between them in 1989 (that was quite real than cause of rattings)?
              Evander weighted then average about 92-93 kg, was very sharp and workrated. Mike's shape was very doubtful than because of divorce with Givens and dismissals of Runi.

Comment

ima go different and say Mike, because when he fought Evander, he was Crazy and all that. ahah but mike in 89 would have won. But overall Career wise, The Real Deal had a better Career, but Mike has the better legacy. Only if Mike had his heart into boxing, he could have done bigger and better things.

Comment

any one no the compubox numbers for their fights

holyfield must hav set an all time record for headbutts landed in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawkiller View Post
                    holyfield must hav set an all time record for headbutts landed in a fight.
                    Waa waa waa That's the same weak excuse Tyson's KoolAid drinkers have been using for years. Of course in making that claim they forget Tyson was about the dirtiest fighter going with his low blows, hitting on the break, hitting after the bell, hitting with forearms, not to mention trying to break an opponent's arm. Pot kettle black: If you're going to cry foul make sure you do it for cleaner fighter than Tyson.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X