Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirtiest Boxers of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry Norris was disqualified many times but i feel it was because the adrenaline, the truth is that many fights would have ended in dq's if every fighter was as dramatic as Santana.
    Also i heard many things about Zivic, Wiggins and Greb, only footage of Zivic is available.
    As much as i like Wilfredo Gomez, he really could turn in a dirty fighter.

Comment

People mention Golota and he was a dirty fighter, some don't know that he also resorted to biting an opponent when he was losing, earlier in his career. He also headbuttet other opponents and we have the Bowe fights obviously. He was a mental midget in certain ways too as we saw with Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        On a later Showtime episode they replayed the Czyz corner and Bobby was complaining to his trainer about his back. His trainer told him in the corner to say it was something in his eyes. It was fabricated. When they showed the corner replay later, Czyz, who was an announcer for Showtime was like uhh, hmmm, uhhh. Embarrassing moment for Czyz.

There were plenty of moments however where something got into the eyes. Ali-ListonI and a Gerrie Coetzee fight too comes to mind.(I can't remember right off, it might have been the Weaver fight)
        Great info mate!

I only knew Czyz other (fabricated) explanation.

Comment

"it's an old trick to rub Vaseline on the gloves and then punch in the eye".

Vaseline is used all around the face and eye brow in EVERY fight. We used to rub down spar gloves twice a month to keep the leather from drying out to much. Also all over leather bags, Vaseline will not burn any orifices to my knowledge.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            "it's an old trick to rub Vaseline on the gloves and then punch in the eye".

Vaseline is used all around the face and eye brow in EVERY fight. We used to rub down spar gloves twice a month to keep the leather from drying out to much. Also all over leather bags, Vaseline will not burn any orifices to my knowledge.

Ray
            Some of the nasty tricks of old, can be found here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=239086

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              andre ward, because he covers the full spectrum of fouls- excessive clinching, headbutts, elbows, low blows

lol you've watched boxing for about six months

evander holyfield headbutted more in one round than ward will over 12.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                lol you've watched boxing for about six months

evander holyfield headbutted more in one round than ward will over 12.
                holyfield was bad but ward is something else. Elbows against bika, 5 headbutts against kessler, docked points for low blows against barrera, docked points for repeated fouls against rodriguez, constant clinching. Suppose tyson biting someones ear off is pretty bad though lol

Comment

“I’d hit guys low,” admitted Zivic. “Choke ‘em or give ‘em the head. My best punch was a left hook to you-know-where.”

Comment

Sandy Saddler has too be up there

Comment

When I think of dirty fighters, Saddler and Zivic are the first names that come to mind.

A lot of the early 1900's-10's fighters were dirty fighters, the sport was a lot more raw back then.

Clabby, Chip, McGoorty, Darcy etc etc these guys aren't necessarily "dirty" but they're very tough rough and rugged.

Fireman Jim Flynn intentionally head butted Jack Johnson multiple times, literally moved his head back and swung his head at him like a punch. Doesn't get much dirtier than that. There's actually footage of that on YouTube or used to be atleast.
                      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 10-13-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X